Data center jobs
Google hires the most qualified individuals from around the world. We make it a priority to hire from within the community whenever possible because it‘s good for business and the right thing to do.
This facility provides jobs for a small team of full time staff as well as a number of contractors in a variety of roles. Please visit our careers site to learn about the roles we’re filling now.
Here are some examples of the types of employees a data center needs to succeed:
- Data Center Facilities Manager – Responsible for managing the data center facilities. Ideal candidates have experience managing a medium to large data center, or critical infrastructure and an undergraduate degree in an engineering field.
- Data Center Facilities Technician – Responsible for day-to-day operating, monitoring, and supporting the data center. Ideal candidates have an associate’s degree, trade school certification, or other verifiable training in a relevant technical field. Experience as a journeyman or mechanical with HVAC or electrical expertise preferred.
- Linux System Administrator – Responsible for configuring system and network parameters, monitoring system stability and performance, and developing tools to monitor and maintain systems. Ideal candidates have multiple years of Linux experience; working knowledge of TCP/IP networking; knowledge of web servers, firewalls/security, NIS/NFS, DNS, and MTAs; programming/scripting ability (e.g., bourne, bash, perl, python, C); and the ability to work cooperatively as a member of a team.
- Data Center Technician – Responsible for installing servers and network gear, maintaining and deploying new servers, and maintaining data center equipment on a day-to-day basis. Ideal candidates have at least two years of PC hardware and troubleshooting experience and at least one year of Linux experience.
- Manager/Director Server Operations – Responsible for managing several teams dedicated to improving our server operations. Ideal candidates have strong management experience in a technical field. A BS in an Applied Science and a MS/PhD is preferred.
Due to the large number of applications we receive daily, we cannot accept resumes that are not for a specific position or location. Also, it may take us several months to follow-up with an applicant, so please be patient.