Google Apps Supporting Programs
The goal of the Google Apps Supporting Programs (GASP) is to ensure Google Apps is a
success in your University, i.e., used widely and productively! GASP availability differs
per country and is subject to fulfilling predetermined selection criteria. See each element
for details, and the FAQ section for more information.
Assistance with Internet connectivity - ranging from Internet bandwidth to campus
- Internet bandwidth : In countries where the cost of Internet bandwidth is prohibitively
high, Google will offer access to a fixed amount of Internet bandwidth at no charge for up
to three years. The bandwidth will be available from a central interconnection point. The
capacity provided will be proportional to planned and actual usage of Google Apps (and
therefore staff & student population).
- Campus infrastructure grants : In countries where Internet bandwidth is not provided,
Google will match your investment 1:1 up to a pre-determined cap for qualifying campus
infrastructure projects that extend connectivity for your staff & students.
Technical Consulting & Training
Campus visits and technical workshops provided by Google engineers or affiliated
organizations at no charge.
- Technical Workshops : Google will arrange or sponsor collaborative workshops in-country
that focus on specific technical training topics and provide a forum to meet your peers and
share ideas & challenges.
- Campus engineering assistance : Google engineers or affiliated organizations will be
available to spend time on campus to assist with campus network infrastructure design,
network audits, technical consulting and planning for growth.
Deployment & Adoption
On site assistance with deployment, configuration and user training at no charge.
- Google Apps deployment and training: Let us help with your Google Apps deployment,
configuration and training. Google will send our own Apps Deployment Specialist or sponsor
a certified third-party to come on-campus and work through the deployment with you.
- How to use Google Apps training: Google will provide train-the-trainer type training to
select University staff or students, who can in turn train the rest of the university
community on the various Apps modules (mail, calendar, docs, spreadsheets, presentation,
forms, groups, sites)