Core Services for Google Apps for Work / Google Apps for Business / Google Apps Premier Edition, Google Apps for Government, Google Apps (Free) / Google Apps Standard Edition
- "Gmail" is a web-based e-mail service that allows an organization to run its e-mail system using Google’s systems. It provides the capability to access an End User's inbox from a supported web browser, read mail, compose, reply to, and forward mail, search mail, and manage mail through labels. It provides filtering for spam and viruses and allows Administrators to create rules for handling messages containing specific content and file attachments or routing messages to other mail servers. Rules can be set up by group or the Customer (all domains).
- "Google Calendar" is a web-based service for managing personal, corporate/organizational, and team calendars. It provides an interface for End Users to view their calendars, schedule meetings with other End Users, see availability information for other End Users, and schedule rooms and resources.
- "Google Groups for Business" is a web-based service that allows End Users and website owners to create and manage collaborative groups. End Users can have email discussions and share documents, calendars, sites and folders with the members of a group. They also have the ability to view and search group discussion archives. Google Groups for Business is not available for Customers of Google Apps (Free).
- "Google Talk" or "Google Hangouts" each provides the ability for real time communication between End Users, including one-to-one and group conversations via messaging, voice and video. Google Talk provides an XMPP programmatic interface for customers that still require legacy connectivity. Google Apps Domain Administrators can choose which service is enabled for the domain.
- "Google Drive" provides web-based tools enabling End Users to store, transfer, and share files, and view videos.
- "Google Docs","Google Sheets", and "Google Slides" are web-based services that enable End Users to create, edit, share, and collaborate on documents, spreadsheets and presentations, respectively.
- "Google Sites" allows an End User to create websites on the Google Apps domain to publish internally within a company or publish externally. An End User can create a site through a web-based tool, and then can share the site with a group of other End Users or publish the site to the entire company or the world (if permitted by the Administrator). The site owner can choose who can edit a site and who can view the site.
- "Google Contacts" allows End Users to import, store and view contact information, and create personal groups of contacts that can be used to email many people at once.
- "Google Apps Vault" is a web-based service that provides search and export capabilities for Drive and Gmail. For Gmail, Google Apps Vault provides Customers with the ability to search across the entire domain, to archive data and create retention and disposition rules based on content, and eDiscovery capabilities which allow a Customer to create matters and preserve this data for legal hold purposes. Customers must continue to use/purchase Google Apps Vault to retain archived data. If Gmail is enabled for a user account, that user’s on the record Google Talk conversations and Google Hangouts chat history can be searched, exported, retained, and preserved. Google Apps Vault is available with Google Apps for Work and Google Apps for Government as an additional cost add-on. Google Apps Vault is available with Google Apps for Work Unlimited and Google Apps for Education at no additional cost.
- Administrative features enable Google Apps Administrators to create and manage users and devices in the domain, and manage Google services settings.
- Search and intelligence features enable enhanced search and retrieval across all services, providing cross-product content search and automatic categorization of content for use in active services.
Google Apps for Work Unlimited
- "Google Apps for Work Unlimited" is an edition of Google Apps comprised of the Google Apps Core Services. Customers automatically receive Google Apps Vault for all End Users. Customers that have 5 or more End Users will receive unlimited Drive storage. Customers that have 4 or fewer End Users will receive 1TB of Drive storage for each End User.
- "Google Apps for Work Unlimited (team managed)" is an edition of Google Apps offered under the Google Apps for Work Team Administrator Terms of Service which is comprised of Google Drive, Google Hangouts, Google Contacts, and Google Apps Vault search and export capabilities for Drive. Other Google Apps Core Services and other Vault capabilities are not available for team-managed accounts. Customers that have 5 or more End Users will receive unlimited Drive storage. Customers that have 4 or fewer End Users will receive 1TB of Drive storage for each End User. Google Apps for Work Unlimited (team managed) is currently only available in the United States.
Google Apps for Education
- "Google Apps for Education" is an edition of Google Apps comprised of the Google Apps Core Services, including Google Apps Vault (with no additional charge) for all End Users. Customers that have 5 or more End Users will receive unlimited Drive Storage for all End Users. Customers that have 4 or fewer End Users will receive 1TB of Drive storage for each End User. Google Apps for Education also includes "Classroom," which is a web-based service that allows End Users to create and participate in classroom groups as teachers and students. By using Classroom, End Users can create or join classroom groups, distribute and grade assignments as a teacher and view and submit assignments as a student.
Google Apps Message Encryption (provided by Zix Corporation) (if selected in Order Form or otherwise purchased)
- "Google Apps Message Encryption" is a web-based email encryption service that is available to Google Apps for Work, Google Apps for Education and Google Apps for Government customers. Email messages are encrypted based on Customer defined rules, email message content, or defined key words. Administration of this service is available from within the Admin Console. End users may access received encrypted email messages through a portal or from within their inboxes.