Google Apps Core Services summary (if Google Apps for Business – also known as Google Apps Premier Edition – or Google Apps for Government is selected in Order Form or otherwise purchased or if Customer is receiving Google Apps for Education – also known as Google Apps Education Edition or Google Apps (Free) – also known as Google Apps Standard Edition)
- "Gmail" is a web-based e-mail service that allows an organization to run its e-mail system using Google’s systems. It provides the capability to access an End User's inbox from a supported web browser, read mail, compose, reply to, and forward mail, search mail, and manage mail through labels. It provides filtering for spam and viruses and allows Administrators to create rules for handling messages containing specific content and file attachments or routing messages to other mail servers. Rules can be set up by group or the Customer (all domains).
- "Google Calendar" is a web-based service for managing personal, corporate/organizational, and team calendars. It provides an interface for End Users to view their calendars, schedule meetings with other End Users, see availability information for other End Users, and schedule rooms and resources.
- "Google Groups for Business" is a web-based service that allows End Users and website owners to create and manage collaborative groups. End Users can have email discussions and share documents, calendars, sites and folders with the members of a group. They also have the ability to view and search group discussion archives. Google Groups for Business is not available for Customers of Google Apps (Free).
- "Google Talk" provides the ability for real time communication between End Users through instant messaging. It additionally provides the ability for one-to-one communication via video and voice. Google Talk is integrated into the Gmail web interface, and also has an XMPP programmatic interface.
- "Google Drive" provides web-based tools for creating and collaborating. End Users can store, transfer, and share files, view videos, and jointly collaborate on documents, spreadsheets and presentations.
- "Google Sites" allows an End User to create websites to publish internally within a company or publish externally. An End User can create a site through a web-based tool, and then can share the site with a group of other End Users or publish the site to the entire company or the world (if permitted by the Administrator). The site owner can choose who can edit a site and who can view the site.
- "Google Contacts" allows End Users to import, store and view contact information, and create personal groups of contacts that can be used to email many people at once.
- "Google Apps Vault" is a web-based service which provides domain wide search capabilities for Gmail and on-the-record Gmail chat. It provides the organization with the ability to archive this data and create retention and disposition rules based on content. Additionally, the service provides eDiscovery capabilities which allow an organization to create matters, preserve this data for legal hold purposes, and export this data. Google Apps Vault is only available as an additional cost add-on, and only available with Google Apps for Business and Google Apps for Education.
Google Apps – Postini Services summary (if selected in Order Form or otherwise purchased)
- "Google Message Filtering" is a hosted service which filters email for spam and viruses. The service also allows Administrators to create rules for handling messages containing specific content and file attachments. Rules can be set up for individuals, groups or the entire domain. Administration of the service is provided via a web based Admin Console.
- "Google Message Security" is a hosted service which filters email for spam and viruses. The service also allows Administrators to create rules for handling messages containing specific content and file attachments. Rules can be set up group or the Customer (all domains). Administrators can also enforce encryption between trusted domains. Administration of the service is provided via a web based Admin Console.
- "Google Message Discovery" or "Archiving and Discovery" is a hosted service which provides a searchable archive of a customer’s email messages. This archive can provide up to 10 years of retention of email messages. The message archive is accessed via a web based user interface by Administrators. Google Message Discovery also includes all of the features of Google Message Security.
- "Google Message Encryption" is an add-on service to Google Message Security or Google Message Discovery which provides for the encryption of email messages. Email messages are encrypted based on Customer defined rules, email message contents, or defined key words. Administration of the email encryption service is provided by a web based administration console. Encrypted message recipients access the encrypted email via a web based user interface.