How can we stop Global Warming?
1 of 3
Adopting environment friendly methods in daily life, educating people around about the dangers of Global Warming - in short doing your bit.
Posted by Sun Ray
2 of 3
~GLOBAL WARMING occurs due to the presence of Chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) also known as freons in the environment.
~Although total emissions of CFCs are relatively small, they have a very high Global Warming Potential (GWP). They absorb in the range 1250 – 830 cm-1 with each CFC having specific absorption bands in this critical window region. They retain this heat and greatly contribute to global warming.
~“How to Stop Global Warming” can therefore be achieved by reducing the CFCs in the environment as follows:
1. Use Possible alternatives for CFCs include: Attempts have been made to develop compounds which have low ozone depletion potential (ODP) to replace CFCs e.g.
chlorodifluoromethane (used in air conditioning, refrigeration, foams)
1-chloro-1,1-difluoroethane (used as aerosol)
1,1-difluoroethane (used as aerosol, refrigeration)
2. Installation of recovering and recycling units to recycle CFCs from used refrigeration systems and motor vehicle air conditioners is an important practice to control the venting of CFCs into the atmosphere.
3. Banning the use of CFCs as aerosol propellants.
4. Human activities such as the release of stable volatile chlorinated hydrocarbons and excessive use of nitrogen containing fertilizers have affected the global environment. CFCs are highly stable compounds in the troposphere, but in the stratosphere they photochemically break down to form ozone-destroying chlorine radical species.
5. Since the major effects are the destruction of ozone layer and the greenhouse effect (hence global warming , everyone living on the planet earth is called upon to undertake measures that will prevent ozone destruction or that will lead to its excess formation
Posted by Cladestine
3 of 3
Is to use an alternative energy sources.
Posted by Holden Caulfield
You might be also interested