Altria Group Inc news

   Watch this stock
Showing stories 1 - 10 of about 44   

Articles published

MO 50.34 +0.34 (0.68%)
price chart
Reading Smoke Signals From Altria
History is only partly relevant to Altria because this is a new company starting in 2008 in a new market. Most investors are aware of the Altria split off of Philip Morris International (NYSE:PM) and Kraft (KFT). I feel that as an investor trying to ...
Tobacco company's grant to Boys and Girls Club draws scrutiny
But the Altria Group, which is behind the effort, is the parent company of tobacco manufacturers, including the maker of Marlboro cigarettes.
Related articles »  
Altria: The Biggest Threat This Company Faces Is Rising Cost Of Capital
Dividend investing has been one of the most successful and popular strategies over the last decade. Many traders have proclaimed buy and hold as dead, but patient investors willing to continuously buy and compound income and total returns in consumer ...
Related articles »  
Is Altria a Good Investment?
Altria Group, Inc. (NYSE:MO) spun off its international operations in 2008, which now trades as a separate company, Philip Morris International Inc. (NYSE:PM).
Feds seek full court review of cigarette warnings
based Altria Group Inc., parent company of the nation's largest cigarette maker, Philip Morris USA, which makes the top-selling Marlboro brand, is not a part of the lawsuit.
Related articles »  
Barrow gets big PAC boosts; party isn't biggest pull
While he might have angered both parties at times, Barrow has gotten substantial support from Democratic and Republican-leaning groups alike as he faces a difficult re-election test against Republican state Rep. ... David Sutton, a spokesman for Altria ...
Related articles »  
Cigarettes, snack foods, lobbyists and government
Until recently, she lobbied for the Altria Group, the parent company of Philip Morris and other tobacco products. She moved to Kraft when it was spun off as a separate company. Although Roy Blunt listed Kraft Foods in his financial disclosure statement ...
Kraft Spinoff: Comparing Kraft Foods Group and Mondelez
Based on the respective market caps of the two new companies at the close of trading on Oct. 2, Mondelez is the larger company with 65% of the total value, leaving Kraft Foods Group with 35% of the total value. This makes sense ... Other bad corporate ...
Related articles »  
Janus Best as Bond Acumen Boosts Stocks: Riskless Return
The managers at Denver-based Janus Capital Group Inc. posted a risk-adjusted return of 2.3 percent in the past five years, the best among 18 similar funds of more than $5 billion that invest at least 50 percent in equities, according to the BLOOMBERG ...
Related articles »  
Attorney general's race tightening; Republican ad blitz may be factor
Its biggest contributors are Blue Cross/Blue Shield, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, Reynolds American, Devon Energy, Altria Group and Wynn Resorts. No donors from Washington state show up in the group's top 20 donors. The biggest donors from this ...
Related articles »