American Independence Corp. (AMIC) is a holding company principally engaged in health insurance and reinsurance. The Company provides specialized health coverage and related services to commercial customers and individuals. Its wholly owned subsidiary include Independence American Insurance Company, markets its products through IHC Risk Solutions, LLC, IHC Specialty Benefits, Inc., IPA Family, LLC, and IPA Direct, LLC, which are subsidiaries of AMIC, and through independent brokers, producers and agents. AMIC underwrites, and sells or reinsures on the lines of business, which include Medical stop-loss, Fully insured medical, Pet insurance, Occupational accident and New York State Disability Benefits Law. AMIC also has a 23% minority investment in Majestic Underwriters LLC. IHC owns the remaining 77% interest in Majestic. It markets and underwrites employer medical stop-loss. It writes business for Standard Security Life, Madison National Life, Independence American and others.