Google Voice Acceptable Use Policy
Our policies play an important role in maintaining a positive experience for our users.
Please follow these policies when using Google Voice. When we identify a potential
policy violation, we may review and take action, including limiting or terminating a
user’s access to Google Voice.
Spam and Commercial Use
Do not send or facilitate the transmission of spam, large numbers of commercial
messages, or automated messages. Such activity includes, but is not limited to:
- sending commercial or promotional messages to a large number of users, or
sending messages in bulk;
- sending messages via an automated process, such as a script;
- sending unwanted or mass solicitation;
- placing calls in violation of laws prohibiting unsolicited marketing calls
(e.g., "do-not-call laws");
- data mining any web property (including Google) to find phone numbers;
- selling, exchanging, or distributing to a third party the phone numbers of any
person without such person’s consent to such disclosure.
Harassment and Bullying
Do not use the Google Voice service to threaten, bully, or harass.
Do not distribute depictions of graphic or gratuitous violence.
Do not distribute content that may be harmful to minors. Do not distribute
content that exploits children, such as child sexual abuse imagery or content that
presents children in a sexual manner.
Do not impersonate another person (via the use of a telephone number or
otherwise) or otherwise misrepresent yourself or the source of any phone call.
Do not infringe on the intellectual property of others (including patent,
trademark, trade secret, copyright, and other proprietary rights), and do not
encourage or induce infringement of intellectual property rights.
Do not distribute other people’s personal and confidential information, such as
credit card numbers, confidential national ID numbers, or account passwords, without
Do not use Google Voice to engage in or promote illegal activities.
Do not transmit viruses, malware, or any other malicious or destructive code. Do
not use Google Voice in a way that harms or interferes with the operation of the
networks, servers, or other infrastructure of Google or others.
System Interference and Abuse
Do not abuse the Google Voice Service, and do not interfere with other Google
Voice users’ enjoyment of the Google Voice Service. For example:
- Do not use Google Voice to data mine phone numbers or other information.
- Do not automate our system to place phone calls or send messages automatically.
- Do not forward to phone numbers that aren’t your own or under your control.
- Do not create multiple user accounts, and do not create user accounts by
automated means or under false or fraudulent pretenses.
- Do not sell, trade, resell or otherwise exploit for any unauthorized commercial
purpose or transfer any Google Voice account or the Google Voice Service.
- Do not modify, adapt, translate, or reverse engineer any portion of the Google
- Do not remove any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights notices
contained in or on the Google Voice Service.
- Do not reformat or frame any portion of the web pages that are part of the
Google Voice Service.
Google may reclaim your Google Voice number (if you have one) if you have not
placed or received calls, sent or received text messages for a period of 9 months. We
will not reclaim numbers that have been ported in to Google Voice or made permanent.