Check this video to quickly learn how to setup Input Tools in Gmail.
To enable Input Tools in Gmail, follow these steps:
- Click the gear icon in the upper right, then select “Settings”.
- In the General tab, select the check box next to “Enable input tools” under the “Language” section.
- In the “Input Tools” setting dialog that appears, select the input tool you’d like
from the “All input tools” field and click the gray arrow so that it appears in the
“Selected input tools” field.
- You can also double click the input tool to add it to the “Selected input tools” field
- You can re-order selected input tools by clicking on a tool and clicking on the up/down arrow that appears
- Click Ok in the setting dialog
- Click Save Changes in the bottom of the General tab
Once you’ve enabled Input Tools, you will see an input tools icon on the left of the gear icon, e.g. .
This Gmail blog post (cross-posted in Google and Enterprise Blogs) introduces how Input Tools makes communication more easily across languages in Gmail.
Related articles on how to use individual input tools: