1. What are Seminars for Success?
Seminars for Success are in-person training sessions led by independent search marketing professionals. These seminars are designed to help you better manage your AdWords and Analytics accounts and learn how to make the most out of the time and money you invest in AdWords and Analytics.. Seminars for Success are not a sales pitch; seminar leaders are industry professionals who have years of search marketing experience and are not affiliated with, or employed by Google. All Seminar Leaders are Qualified Individuals in the Google Advertising Professionals Program and/or Google Analytics Authorized Consultants.
2. Is Google running these seminars?
No. Seminars for Success are being conducted by independent search marketing professionals who are not affiliated with or employed by Google. The seminars aren't a sales pitch; leaders were chosen for their ability to candidly discuss and train on AdWords, Analtyics and search marketing, their extensive experience in the industry and their proven success in managing AdWords and Analytics accounts. In addition, all Seminar Leaders are Qualified Individuals in the Google Advertising Professionals Program and/or Google Analytics Authorized Consultants.
3. How do I sign up?
To sign up, click the "Register Now " link next to the session you'd like to attend. You'll be taken directly to the seminar leader's website for registration and payment.
4. Can I attend more than one seminar?
You're welcome to attend more than one seminar, but bear in mind that the course topics won't vary from one session of the same level to another of the same level.
5. Can I attend only the morning or afternoon session?
No, the seminar is only offered as a full-day session. There will be no pro-rated fees for half-day attendees.
6. When is the registration deadline?
While registration deadlines may vary among seminar leaders, we encourage you to sign up early, as seminars may become full. In addition, all attendees who register at least 7 days before seminar start date will receive a $50 AdWords advertising credit. (View the terms and conditions of advertising credits.)
7. What's the cancellation policy?
Each seminar leader reserves the right to cancel a seminar session due to low enrollment. Seminars must be cancelled at least 7 days prior to session date. All registered attendees will be notified via email and receive a full refund of their course fees in the event of a cancellation.
8. When will these seminars be available in my city?
We're working on making Seminars for Success available to advertisers in additional cities. If you'd like to be informed of future sessions, please submit your email address here.
9. What are the start and end times for each of these seminars?
The start and end times will vary depending on the specific seminar. You will find additional information regarding start and end times on each seminar leader's registration site.
10. I am interested in attending a session in Canada – will payments be accepted in Canadian dollars?
All seminar fees are quoted in US dollars. While our seminar leaders will accept Canadian credit cards, you will be charged the seminar fee in US dollars.
11. Why have the AdWords sessions titles changed?
We’ve recently added a third level which builds upon the two existing seminar levels. To help our attendees better understand which session(s) will best meet their need, we’ve renamed the sessions as AdWords 101, 201 and 301.
Currently there are three different levels of AdWords Seminars:
- AdWords 101: Beginner - This introductory session is designed for those new to managing an AdWords account. Topics covered include navigating your account, creating a campaign, measuring results and an introduction to optimization. (Detailed course description )
- AdWords 201: Intermediate - AdWords 201 builds upon the material learned in 101, and dives deeper into tools such as the AdWords editor, My Client Center, and Website Optimizer. Additionally, bidding options, ad copy best practices and Google Analytics are discussed in greater detail. (Detailed course description )
- AdWords 301: Advanced - The 301 session is recommended for advertisers who already understand the basic fundamentals of advertising on AdWords. Topics include campaign best practices, advanced optimization techniques and split testing. There is also a deep dive into the Display Network and advanced bidding strategies. (Detailed course description )
12. How do I know which Analytics session is right for me?
Currently there are two different sessions of Analytics Seminars:
13. What will I learn at Website Optimizer: Introduction to Landing Page Optimization?
- Introduction & User Training - designed for those who want an introduction to Google Analytics, setting up Analytics, exploring the user interface, and analyzing reports. The Introduction & User Training course is designed to provide high level overview of the products and will cover key features and reports. This course is ideal for a marketer or account manager who is interested in learning more about how Google Analytics works and ways to interpret reports to maximize data driven decisions for their websites. (Detailed course description)
- Advanced Technical Implementation - designed for more technical users who want to do advanced testing, tracking, and code customization. The Advanced Technical Implementation course is designed to provide a more hands on training on how to implement Google Analytics. This course is ideal for the individual who is interested in learning how to implement Google Analytics on their website including setting up goal and funnels. Most importantly, you’ll be able to understand different ways to set up Google Analytics to get the types of information unique to your business. (Detailed course description)
This course will teach you how to increase your site's conversion rate through landing page optimization. You'll learn how you can use Google Website Optimizer to run landing page experiments to turn more of your website's visitors into customers. The course covers which pages to test, how to run your first experiment, best practices in landing page design, and advanced testing strategies. (Detailed course description)
14. Do I need to bring a laptop?
No, laptops are not required.
15. I have an AdWords / Analytics account but I'm not sure if I’m using it correctly. Will the seminar leader be able help me at the seminar?
The Seminars for Success curriculum will cover a lot of the general tips for troubleshooting, etc. Unfortunately, we cannot guarantee that your specific account issues can be resolved during the seminar. We recommend visiting the AdWords Help Center, or the Google Analytics Help Center for support.