Jobs at YouTube
Game Console Software Engineer, YouTube - San Bruno
This position is based in San Bruno, CA.
The area: YouTube and Video
The first video posted on YouTube was a 19-second clip called "Me at the Zoo." Today, more than 72 hours of video are uploaded every minute. The YouTube and Video team helps budding filmmakers and musicians build careers, creates products like Google TV and YouTube Live and runs collaborative projects like Life in a Day and the YouTube Space Lab. We are changing how people entertain, inform, share and change the world, one video at a time.
The role: Game Console Software Engineer, YouTube
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our ambitions reach far beyond just Search. Our products need to handle information at the the scale of the web. We're looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you work on a small team and can switch teams and projects as our fast-paced business grows and evolves. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
As part of our team you'll be working as a Software Engineer developing versions of YouTube to work with next generation game consoles. You will have an opportunity to try novel and unconventional ideas and launch frequent experiments to the YouTube user base. You will have a chance to get immediate feedback on user interface, human interaction design, and interest. You will be working with a variety of languages during the development process.
- Build the next generation game-console-based TV experience with You Tube video content.
- Deliver a compelling lean back experience with monetization and e-commerce offerings (ie, pay-per-stream, ads).
- Integrate and optimize with distribution channels and devices including all major game platforms.
- Develop leading edge User Interfaces and delight users with innovative media rich solutions.
- BS in Computer Science or related technical field (In lieu of degree, 4 years relevant work experience).
- 3 years of professional video game programming experience.
- Experience with engine development on at least one major platform.
- MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Deep technical knowledge of Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and 4, and/or Nintendo Wii-U/Wii.
- Credited on at least one published video game in a programmer role.
Note: Applications are sent to YouTube via Google.