What is the program?
- A program to sponsor research (academic) conferences organized by Japanese universities.
- Collaboration model:
- Conference to be organized by the university (not Google)
- Google financial support: from US$1000, up to US$3000
- Google technical contribution, for example: sit into the program committee, or deliver a talk.
Google’s preference for the conferences
- Target international or national level conferences or workshops. Those in Japanese are also eligible.
- The conference or workshop has strong evidence of Googler participation: (1) participating in talks, panels, publications, etc., (2) chairs and or committee members, (3) registered for the event and/or have attended in the past.)
- Specific on certain research areas, or focused workshop, which are relevant to Google research focuses (as bellow)
- Computational neuroscience
- Human-computer interaction
- Information retrieval, extraction, and organization (including semantic graphs)
- Machine learning and data mining
- Machine perception
- Machine translation
- Mobile Natural language processing
- Physical Interfaces and Immersive Experiences
- Software engineering and programming languages
- Structured data and database management
- Systems (hardware and software)
How to apply?
- If you are interested in Google support to your conference, please submit a sponsorship request (via online request form) to Google.
- Google Review Committee will review the request and make the decision.
- Decision is normally made within 1 month of submission.
Any questions? Please send email to Aimin Zhu at email@example.com
The process if Google decides to sponsor
- Sponsorship decision communicated with the requester;
- Payment process to the university or non-profit organization account (in US$ or JPY);
- Connect with Google engineer(s) / researcher(s) for technical contribution to the conference;
- If the conference information including attendee list could be shared with Google, then great! But this is not required.
Conference sponsorship program is part of Google's efforts to support your great work on research. Other efforts include Google Research Awards program, Google PhD Fellowship program and Student Travel Grants program.