Join the program
Get further, faster. Apply to the Google for Nonprofits program.
You’re passionate about your mission. And we’re passionate about nonprofits. The Google for Nonprofits program was designed to help you reduce costs, increase collaboration, extend your reach, and increase your impact.
Members will gain access to premium Google products and support, including:
- Google Grants: Free AdWords advertising to promote your website on Google through keyword targeting.
- YouTube for Nonprofits: Premium branding capabilities on YouTube channels, increased uploading capacity, the ability to select custom thumbnail images, and Call-to-action overlay on your videos.
- Google Earth Outreach Grants: Free licensing for Google Earth Pro and Maps API for Business.
- Google Apps for Nonprofit: Free version of Google Apps for Nonprofits
Here's how to apply to Google for Nonprofits:
Review eligibility requirements
Apply to the program
Once approved, enroll in specific Google products
Get started with product tutorials
Are you eligible for Google for Nonprofits?
Make sure your organization meets the following requirements:
- To be eligible for the Google for Nonprofits program, organizations must:
- Hold current 501(c)(3) status, as determined by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service; and
- Acknowledge and agree to the application's required certifications regarding nondiscrimination and donation receipt and use.
- Please note that the following organizations are not eligible for Google for
- Governmental entities and organizations;
- Hospitals and health care organizations;
- Schools, childcare centers, academic institutions, and universities (philanthropic arms of educational organizations are eligible). To learn more about Google's programs for educational institutions, visit Google in Education.
- Google reserves the right to grant or deny an organization's application or participation at any time, for any reason, and to supplement or amend these eligibility guidelines at any time. Selections are made at Google's sole discretion, and are not subject to external review.
Ready, steady, go?Apply to Google for Nonprofits
Important Eligibility Details:
At present, Google for Nonprofits is open only to organizations based in the United States. Organizations based in other countries can view Google's country-specific programs for nonprofits.
To be considered for inclusion in the Google for Nonprofits program, an organization's 501(c)(3) status must first be publicly updated in the IRS's online database; copies of IRS letters are not sufficient for this requirement. You can review your organization's current status here. Please note that this update can take some time after an organization receives IRS notification of its 501(c)(3) determination.
We only allow one membership per organization. However, branches of umbrella organizations that share Employee Identification Numbers (EINs) with their parent organizations are eligible for individual memberships. Branches must indicate that they are applying as a "related organization" during the application process and go through additional screening.