|Publication number||US1071121 A|
|Publication date||Aug 26, 1913|
|Filing date||Aug 16, 1911|
|Priority date||Aug 16, 1911|
|Publication number||US 1071121 A, US 1071121A, US-A-1071121, US1071121 A, US1071121A|
|Original Assignee||Latham Machinery Co|
|Export Citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Referenced by (2), Classifications (5)|
|External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet|
H. WEBER. CUTTING MEHANSM FOR WIRE STTGHING MACHINES. APPLXGAMON HLBD AUG.. 1s, m11,
EL QW l l Patented Aug. 26, 1913 2 SHEETS-SHEET 1.
Y H. WEBER. CUTTING MECHANsM PQR WIRE STITGMNG MMHINES.
APPLIGATIN FILED AUG. 16, 1911.
Paentef Aug. 26, 1913.
2 SHEETS-SHEET 2.
L fig. Z,
CIS ICAGO., ILLINO CGM-- l'ieccaiozi ai Letters Patent.
Fa 1mi wd Saz'ia No. 644.373.
devices, ivul iziii'ici-siuori iii his avi: and lisnalv emplwyial m iniiiiuiiiini with mai'fhiuos @fihis diari-laici', hui whivh :ii-v not shown iii this amiiivazifim it' paw-ami ihimigzjh a suitahhx wim` guide 'fur hriidiiig it ii'iiiiy whil@ it is migaggml bfi; ih@ ifzzii'ui hiaiin T. n this ing/Deans is shown as a Nahe :iiiaiiggisd in thi@ Ciitvl block Si, suiiahiy z-aippmi'ffd ou frame i0, and i aviilg' mi@ face li :uijarmit ih@ Qxlviiiity 0T the guido iilhv 8. gaius; this fam hes and Slides the miteiment i0 a shank 12, said mmm; being har@ shmvrras a screw 13 passing through a hole 14 in the vutor hadv, and having' ifs inner extremity screw thrvaiivd iu Hw siem 12. The uliitor hindi J is provided wih a sfa'kct 15 in which tha shem l2 is housiidvam Hiidvs, the side (if the suckewiiig slotcdiou :is
is a full, vicar, and @mic-t speiiiivafi i g y' i I I I f iiuiicam ai', 16, through laca hassaif O': th@ sirven' im .For irfiiiiveiiienf' iii nmnliiavtlu'e both ih@ sovict .l5 and shank 12 aii madv mfiimhif-ah Tho unimi.' end ma the shank is iihmien'gd if; minimi lfm' ium thv usual. if: iii ichaiiii Vil or Suini) @thor moving pari of hv machine for (musing ihre milmhiaaie T i() mov@ amamahv @mi (if hfe wir-3 mide ii iii-t and thereby Sirf-ar Hiv wifi", giiiai Ting' here-- i hewifen the .ig-3 0f i pip 8, which is aviaire-ii in the n and Qrigzigeei; with mue @mi of sp1-ing 29 iovaod in saskia' 27 'fur returning the rod to iis elevated p0n sitimi whom l'eeaehijiy fam 521i, his pin 28? 1y engaging' in the 510i'. hciween the two Smkts. aigri cigiistiiuing a imams mi holding (hv rmi against rui'ai'y movzmn;
ii'hmi i? is desired to zmilove th Cuel haie for sha1-paling 0i* for the suhstiuimi xiii a, new hhuiv. if is only iiczfesaa iiQ ummm hc screw 30 which holds; the cutiiliick 9 in piave in i110 frame 10, thereby allowing the block t@ he withdrawn in an Outwarii 'Iiicimi awuyr'rmn the arm 20, the recesss 2 heilig open at the back as shown inK sin?,
any movement imparted may be adjusted back and forth with relation to the usual or any suitable staple form ing and driving mechanism, ordinarily housed within traine member 31 notwithstanding the connection of the shank 12 with the rod because, as readily seen, the flanges lS-IQ slide along such arm '2G during this adjustmentwithout destroying the connect-ion between the shank 'l2 and rod 22. rliis adjustment of the cutter block and cutter blade may be ei'ected in the usual or any suitable Way. In 'the example of the invent-ion shown in the drawings, the traine 1G is mounted on slide in a slot 33 in the main Vframe member 34;, and this slide is suitably engaged by a rod 35 screw threaded in a support 36 on frame member 34, so that by the rotation of knob 37 the trame 10 will be adjusted with relation to traine 31 which houses the staple forming and driving devices.
l. The combination with a Wire seat, of a shank mounted adjacent to said Wire seat, a cutter carried by sai;k shank adapted to cooperate *with said scat, a rod forming a continuation ot' said shank, and a connect-ion between said rod. and said shank whereby u to said rod will likewise be imparted to said shank.
2. In a machine for the purpose described, the combination of means tork supporting the Wire preparatory to being cut, a cutter blade cooperating with said means for cutting the wire, a cutter block having a cylindrical socket slotted through the face ot the block on one side, a cylindrical shank slidably mounted in said socket, means passing through said slot and connecting the cutter blade and shank together, areciprocatory rod, means detachably connecting said rod and shank together, and means for reciprocating said rod at the proper time to cut the wire.
3. In a machine tor the purpose described., the combination ot means 'for supporting the wire preparatory to being cut, a cutter blade cooperating with said means to cut the wire, a reciprocatory shank to which said blade is secured and by which the blade is operated, a reciprocatory rod operatively related to said shank for imparting reciprocating movement thereto and With relation to which rod said shank is adjustable'iii a direction transverse to its line. oi! reciprocating mo\.'c.iiient..l and means for reciprocating` said rod at the proper time to sever the wire.
et. In a machine t'or the purpose described, the combination of means tor supporting the vvire preparatory to being cut, a cutter blade coi'ipcrating with said means to cut the Wire,
to move outwardly l ythe combination of means ciprocation et the shank,
element extending transversely ot the shank,
and to which the shank is connected and along which it is adjustable.
5. In a machine for the purpose described, for supporting the wire preparatory to being cut, a cntter blade coperating therewith for cutting the Wire` a shank towhich said blade is secured and by which the blade is operated,
`means for reciprocating the shank embodying an element extending transversely to the direct-ion ot reciprocation et' the shank, said shank having a flange engaging with said member and along which member said shank is adjustable, whereby the shank will be rcciprocated by the member at various positions in the length of the latter.
6. In a machine for the purpose described, the combination of means for supporting the Wire preparatory to being cut` a cutter Ablade coperating therewith for cutting thc wire, a shank to which said blade is secured and by Ywhich the blade is operated, and means for reciprocating said shank embodying a reciprocatory rod operatively related to the shank, means for moving said rod in one direction, a spring supported in a position lengthwise ot the rod, and a projection from the rod engaging one end ot the spring for supporting the rod upon the spring.
7. In a machine for the purpose described, the combination of means to: supporting t-he wire preparatory to being out, a cutter blade cooperating therewith for cutting the wire, a shank secured to said blade, a cylindrical rod operatively related to the shank for reciproczuing the same, a cylindrical socket in which said rod is guided, a second socket. cxtending lengthwise of said rod socket and having slotted communication therewith, a spring housed Within said second socket,|a
rojection extending from said rod through said slot and resting upon said spring, and means for moving said rod against the action of said spring at the proper time to cut the wire.
8. In a machine for the purpose described, the combination of a cutter block provided with means for supporting the Wire preparatory to being cut, a cutter blade, a reciproeating shank socketed within said block and securedto said blade, said block having a recess, a horizontal arm in said recess to which said shank is detachably connected and along which the shank is adjustable in a direction transverse to the direction ot rea rod for moving said arm lengthwise of said shank.inoans for operating said rrod. a traine with relation to said rod, and means tor dctachably 'securing said cutter block to said trarne'.
adjustable Ummm in said cuit-ex' Mock, u emsinff t I i, 1 f' I cuite? mit" cut'ex mesi iwefsm Saki operai; mg imams and said entier mechanism m'ap- W71' images;
|Citing Patent||Filing date||Publication date||Applicant||Title|
|US2690773 *||Oct 29, 1949||Oct 5, 1954||Gen Motors Corp||Wire twisting and fusing machine|
|US6647844 *||May 22, 1997||Nov 18, 2003||Moore Wallace Incorporated||Precise strip material cutter|
|U.S. Classification||83/440.1, 83/628, 83/444, 83/694|