US 1088579 A
Description (OCR text may contain errors)
P.'HOSTETTER. HOLDER FOR 10 GREAM FREEZERS.
' Patented Feb. 24, 1914.
HE TS-SHEET l.
RE m7 My v I C W 5 p 5 M ATTORNEYS WlT/VE 858 P. HOSTETTER.
HOLDER FOR 10E CREAM FREEZERS.
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII PT, 25, 1913. 1,088,579. Patented Feb. 24, 1914.
, 2 EEEEEEEEEEEE 2.
K i X J /[3 I V i 94/ 1' /0 m QE HH/ A ATTORNEYS FREDERICK HOSTETTEFL,
\ ORHISTGWL1, NEW JERSEY.
HOLDER FUR ICE-CREATE. FREEZERS.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that l, Finionnron ii'TOElilE'lTlfiR, a citizen of the United States, and. a resident of llforristown, in the county of lllorris and State of flew I .y, have invented a new and Improved older for lice-Cream ers, of which the following is a full, clear, and exact descrhgtion.
My invention relates to a means for holding an ice cream freezer while the cream is being frozen, and it is a design of my invention to provide a novel holder for the purpose in which the freezer may be firmly clamped in position. and provided exteriorly with folded foot-boards on which the operator may stand, or on which he may place a chair so that the weight of the operator will be availed of in the most effective manner in preventin movements of the holder and freezer. v
The invention will be particularly explained in the specific desc iption following.
Reference is to he had to the accompanying drawings forming a part of this specification, in which similar characters of reference indicate corresponding parts in all the views.
Figure 1 is a perspective view' of the holder embodying my invention, showing the footboards unfolded in position to receive the operator; 2 is a similar view with the foot-boards folded against the sides of the holder; Fig. 3 is a fragmentary vertical section of the upper portion of the holder and showing the upper portion of the freezer clamped therein; and l is a sectional plan view.
in constructing a holder in accordance with my invention, a r ceptacle 10, preferably rectangular, is provided adapted to receive the freezer A, the holder being provided with an open mouth 11 at the top for the reception of the freezer. In order to clamp the freezer in the receptacle with the freezer resting on the bottom of the receptacle, the latter is provided with clamping means near the top, said means in the present instance comprising a jaw 12 in the form of a board, the inner end of which is formed with a concave recess 13 conforming approximately to the rounding exterior of the freezer A. The clamp 12 is received below the top of the receptacle and rests on a horizontal partition 1O having an opening 11 in alinement with the mouth 11. A thumb screw 1 f serves to advance or withdraw the Specification of Letters Patent.
Application filed September 25, 1918.
Patented Felt). 2d, ftlfet.
Serial No. "(91,763.
' clamp 12, said screw being received at its inner end in a socket 1.5 on the clamp board, the screw being adapted to advance and force the said board against the adjacent side of the freezer, and press the some tightly against the walls of the mouth ll and opening 11 at the side of the receptacle opposite the said board. 7 7
To the receptacle 10 at the exterior, and near the bottom, foot-boards 15, 16 are lunged, as at 17, so as to fold against the adjacent sides of the receptacle when the device is not required for use. One of the foot-boards, as 16, has an additional leaf 16 hinged as at 18 to a side edge of the board 16, to fold onto the latter, as indicated in Fig. 2. The upper portion 19 of the receptacle 10 overhangs at the exterior, and in the folded position the hinged foot-boards are partly or wholly within the said overhanging piece. To hold the foot-boards in the closed position, catches 20 of any suitable form may be provided, here shown as resilient hooks secured to the receptacle 10 at the exterior in position to engage the folded side boards at the side edges of the latter. By the operator standing on the foot boards, or placing a chair thereon, the weight of the operator will be effectively availed of in preventing the receptacle and the clamped freezer from rocking or shifting about in the turning of the stirrer. The foot boards are particularly effective with the operator standing thereon during the final freezing when the resistance to the movements of the stirrer increases.
"When the device is not in use the freezer may be placed therein with the open side downward so as to prevent the entrance of dirt, and in this position the freezer can be used as a stand or table.
Having thus described my invention, I claim as new, and desire to secure by Letters Patent:
1. A holder for ice cream freezers, comprising a receptacle adapted to receive the freezer therein, and a folding foot-board hinged to the exterior of the said receptacle at the outer side, near the bottom of the receptacle, to fold vertically against the exterior of the latter.
2. A holder for ice cream freezers, comprising a receptacle adapted to receive the freezer, and foot-boards hinged to the receptacle at the exterior, at opposite sides near the bottom.
3. A holder for ice cream freezers, comprising a receptacle adapted to receive the freezer, and a foot-board formed of sections hinged together, the one section being hinged to the holder at the exterior, near the bottom, on a line approximately normal to the hinging of the sections.
a. A holder for ice cream freezers, comprising a receptacle adapted to receive the freezer therein, clamping means at the interior of the said receptacle, near the upper end, and a folding foot-board on the exterior of the receptacle, at the bottom thereof, adapted to fold vertically against the side of the receptacle.
5. A holder for ice cream freezers, comprising a receptacle adapted to receive the freezer, having the upper portion overhanging exteriorly, means within said upper portion to clamp the freezer to the receptacle, and foot-boards on the exterior of the holder and hinged to the latter near the bottom, to fold beneath the said overhanging portion.
6. A holder for ice cream freezers, comprising a receptacle adapted to receive the freezer therein, said receptacle having an open mouth at the top, and a partition below the top, the partition being formed with an opening alining with the said mouth, a clamp jaw supported on the partition, between the same and the top of the receptacle, the clamp being concaved at its inner edge to conform to the adjacent rounding surface of an ice cream freezer, and a screw adapted to act on said clamping jaw.
In testimony whereof I have signed my name to this specification in the presence of two subscribing witnesses.
TIMOTHY SHEA, WV. Gr. ROMINE.
Copies of this patent may be obtained for five cents each, by addressing the Commissioner of Patents Washington, D. G.