|Publication number||US1093201 A|
|Publication date||Apr 14, 1914|
|Filing date||Nov 4, 1910|
|Priority date||Nov 4, 1910|
|Publication number||US 1093201 A, US 1093201A, US-A-1093201, US1093201 A, US1093201A|
|Inventors||William J Owen|
|Original Assignee||Peter H Murphy|
|Export Citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Referenced by (4), Classifications (3)|
|External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet|
W. J. OWEN.
A APPyIoATVIoH PIL-HD Nov. 4, -1910. 1,093-20L l l Patented Apr.'14,1914;.-
1i-:Q7 V' V V ,fwlml l therefore particularly point outand distinctl claim as my invention 1. lin a car roof, the combination with the side plates and side sheathing, of a channel carline having side walls extending below the bottom of the channel and 'forming a pocket at each end into which' said. plates and sheathing project, the extreme endsv of the carline depending below the eaves ot' the car, whereby the joint between the top of the side plates and sheathing` and the carline is covered.
2. A carlinecomprising side walls, later ally extending flanges at the bottom of the side walls, the top' ol said side walls being rebent to form a hollow strengthening member for each. of said walls, a flat spacing member between said rebent members extendin r in a plane below the top of the side walls trom end to end of the cai-line except at the center ot the earline where it is struck up to approximately the plane ot' the top. oit the walls to serve as a bearing 'tor a running board saddle.
3. A carline ifor ears comprising side walls having laterally extending base flanges, hols low strengthening ribs integral with the top of said walls, a fiat spacing memberbetween and integral with the lower edge ot' said members, between the -sidc4 walls, said side walls being' rebent near their ends into said hollow ribs to -lorm a pocket, the extreme.
ends of the cartine being.downwardly de- .fiected 4l. A carline of channel shape and comprising side walls extending below the botA tom of the chawnnel and terminating in wide outwardly extending base flanges extending from end to end ol the cai-line, said walls being. reduced in height near the ends of the ear-line and the extreme ends of the earline being bent downwardly to form a pocket for the side plates and upper ends of th'e car walls, the said danges constituting a wide liat bearing for the carline. en the rear and upper faces of the side plate.
5. In a ear root, the combination with a channel carlilne having a pocket near each '.end, side plates and the upper ends of the side walls seated. in said pockets, the rooting sheets having return bent vertical side ilanges which extend in to the channel of the carline, a cap covering the. earline and vertical flanges of the roof sheets, the outer ends of the roof sheets, cap and earline being bent below the eaves of the car to constitute,
a hood covering the joints between the side plates, carline and side walls, and a bolt passing through the ends ot' the roof sheets,`
cap, carlines, side walls and side plate.
(3. ln a car roof, the combination with'the side plates of metal carlines, said earlines each having a channel shape central portion and side Walls projecting below said channel portion and terminating` in lateral base flanges, purlins supported by said lateral flanges, and roof covering members arranged on said purlins, said roof covering members having their side edges bent over said carline side walls and their end edges bent down oversaid side plates.
7. ln a car root', the combination with the side plates oit metal earlines, said carlines each having a channell shape central portion and side walls projecting below, said channel portion and terminating in lateral base ianges, purlins supported by said lateral flanges, and roofv covering members arranged on said purlins, said roof covering members having their side edges bent over said carline side walls and their end edges bent down over `said side plates, and a cap covering said channels and inelosing the bent edges of said root' covering members.
8. yIn a car, the combination with the side plates, ot a carline provided with hollow 4upwardlyextending spaced ridges forming a. hannel between them; roof members having their edges bent up over said ridges, said ridges being higher than the bodies of said membersyand a cap covering said channel and having its edges bent downwardly over the bent edges 'of said n'ien'ibers, said earline, root' members and cap being bent downwardly over said plates.
t). A earline, said earline being of greater depth between the sides of the ear than beyond, and provided with upwardly extend ing spaced hollow ridges, Jforming a channel iinerinediate of said hollow ridges, said channel extending the whole length of the earline, part ot'said channel being raised between the hollow ridges and havin@ a hole in said raised part, the bottom and siees of said channel being otherwise imperforate.
l0. A earline, said carline being of greater depth between thesides of the car than beyond, and provided with upwgrdly extending spaced hollow ridges, ormingchairneljintermediate said hollow ridges, said channel extending the whole length of the carline, part of. said channel being raised be# tween the hollow ridges and having a hole in said raised part, the bottom and sides of said channel beingy otherwise imperforate and said cai-line being bent downwardly at each end.
l1. A. cartine, providedwith upwardly extending hollow` spaced ridges forming a channel intermediate said hollow ridges, a part ot' the bottom of said channel being raised and having a hole in said raised part, the bottom and sides of said channel being otherwise impert'orate, 'and said earline being bent downwardly and overlapping the car side at each end. f
12. In a car, the combination of a earline provided with upwardly extending'spaeed ridges forming a channel between them, ,a
vpart of the bottom of said channel being inserer said-ridges and hey part, the bottom and L raised by bending the metal intermediate of said ridges; the channel having e hole in said raised part, the bottom and sides of said Channel being otherwise imperi'orate; root' members having their edges bentv over said ridges; and a esp covering said Channel end inclosing the bent edges of said members. i
14. In n ear, the combination with the side plates, of a oarline provided With hollow upwardly extending spaced ridges forming channel' between them, a part oi`- the b0ttoniv of said channel being raised interme diete of said ridges and having ay hole in said raised part; the bottomjand sides of said channel being otherwise imperlorate; roof members having their edges bent over said ridges; anda cap covering said Channel and inelosing the bent edges of said members, said earline, roof members and Cap be ing bent downwardlyover said plates.
l5. In a ear, the combination with the side plates; of a earline provided with vpwardly extending spaeedfridges forming a Y channel between them and with outwardly' `parallel to the members,
extending angesst its bottom; roof members having their edges `bent over said ridges, said ridges being higher than the bodies of said members; a cap `@Mering seid channel and having its edges bent downwardly outsideof the bent up edges of said .members and then bent parallel to the bodies oi` said members, said oarline, members and cap being bent downwardly over said plates; and means securing said earline, members and cap to .said plates.
i6. ln a ear, the combination with the side plates; of a earline provided with upvwardly extending spaeedridges-forming al channel between them and with outvvar extending flanges at its bottom; roof members having their edges bent over said ridges, said ridges being higher than the bodies of said members; a cap covering said channel and having its edges bent downwardly outside of the'bent up edges of said members and then bent parallel to the bodies of said members, said earline, members, and eap being bent downwardly over said plates; vand bolts extending through the flanges of the cai-line, the members, Jdie portions of the cap and saidplates. Signed by me this lst day of ovember,
.VVILLAM J. OWEN.
|Citing Patent||Filing date||Publication date||Applicant||Title|
|US4452027 *||Sep 28, 1981||Jun 5, 1984||Whitehead & Kales Company||Panel clip|
|US7739840 *||Dec 21, 2006||Jun 22, 2010||Tom Castellanos||Roof hip and ridge anchor device|
|US7774990 *||Sep 14, 2009||Aug 17, 2010||Tom Castellanos||Roof hip and ridge anchor device (CIP)|
|US8037643||Mar 8, 2007||Oct 18, 2011||Anderson Terry E||Roof ridge construction apparatus and method|