|Publication number||US1225341 A|
|Publication date||May 8, 1917|
|Filing date||Nov 29, 1913|
|Priority date||Nov 29, 1913|
|Publication number||US 1225341 A, US 1225341A, US-A-1225341, US1225341 A, US1225341A|
|Original Assignee||Otto Lederer|
|Export Citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Referenced by (23), Classifications (3)|
|External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet|
APPLICATION FlLED NOV. 29, I913.
L fim o 4 Patented May 8, 1917.
OfLczdam'K ,il NVEMQR BATE BEBE.
OTTO LEDERER, 0F VIENNA, AUSTRIA.
Application filed November 29, 1913. Serial No.
To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that I, Or'ro Lnnnnnn, tor of medicine, and a subject of the Emperor of Austria, residing at No. 21 Tuchlauben, in Vienna I, Austria,have invented certain new and useful Improvements in Surgical Devices, of which the following is a specification.
This invention relates to a device for ouring sexual impotence, by means of which it is rendered possible for persons considered to be completely impotent to perform sexual intercourse in the normal manner.
According to the invention, a ring of elastic material is placed on the root of the penis, and a sleeve provided with a device for creating suction is arranged in connection with the said ring. By creating a vacuum inv the sleeve, the blood is compelled to enter the cavernosum, whereby an erection is produced. By means of the ring remaining on the root of the penis, the erection is maintained for a considerable time after the sleeve has been removed, since owing to the existing compression, the blood can only flow back gradually.
In carrying the invention into effect, the compression ring is composed of a plurality of thin disks of Para rubber arranged above each other, which disks are each provided with an opening exactly fitted to the size of the penis. The disks arranged above each other in the form of laminae are inclosed in two thin caoutchouc disks, which are provided with considerably larger openings, and of which that situated at the upper side is provided with a circular groove or bead, so as to form a socket for fixing the sleeve in position.
The compression of the filled blood vessels is performed by the thin Para-rubber disks, whereby a too strong compression endangering the organ is prevented. By arranging a plurality of compressing disks, the pres-.
sure is distributed, and therewith the blood can only flow away very slowly. As the erection caused by the sleeve in this manner lasts at least from fifteen to twenty minutes, time is provided for the proper insertion of the penis into the female organ, whereby copulation may be accomplished.
The invention will now be described with reference to the accompanying drawings- Figure 1 is a section of the device partly in long t a ect on. I i
Specification of Letters Patent.
a doc- -portant to Patented May 8, 1917.
Figs. 2 and 3 are sectional and end view respectively of a further form of construction of the compression ring.
1 are the rings formed of Para-rubber, which are inclosed between the caoutchouc collars 2, provided with large openings. The upper disk 2 is provided with a rim 3 for fixing the sleeve 4 which is placed therein, which sleeve is connected with a suction bulb or like device 5. Instead of the suction bulb shown, any suitable kind of air pump may be used.
In the compression ring according to Figs. 2 and 3, the upper caoutchouc disk 2 is provided with a tubular extension 6, which encircles the penis at the root, and thus forms a support for it. The internal diameter of the opening, and therefore also of the extension of the tube, the penis is in contact with the wall of the tube only when the cavernosum is quite full.
In order to be able to regulate the compression exercised by the Para-rubber disks according to desire, and in order to be able to easily remove the ring when the penis is still in a state of erection, the opening of the Para-rubber disks may be enlarged according to the invention. For this purpose, the Para-rubber ring is formed in two parts, A
and B, which are adapted to be easily disconnected. On the part B, which in this case is formed in the shape of a segment, a small band or the like is secured between the disks 2, and thereby the opening of the Pararubber ring may be enlarged according to desire. It is self-evident that the same efi'ect may be obtained by forming the compression ring of several parts, which for instance are connected together in a similar manner to the iris lenses of cameras, as it is only imbe able to enlarge the internal diameter of the opening according to des1re.
Having now described my invention, what I claim as new and desire to secure by Letare member, a removable sleeve carried by said collar, and means for creating a vacuum within said sleeve.
2. A device of. the character described, comprising in combination, an annular compression member, a collar surrounding said compression member, inwardly projecting flanges on said collar to engage one on each side of said compression member, a removable sleeve carried by said collar and having a greater internal diameter than said compression member, and means for creating a vacuum within said sleeve.
8. A device of the character described, comprising in combination, an annular compression member, the aperture in which is normally of substantially the same diameter as that of the part to which the device is applied, before congestion of said part, means for varying the diameter of said compression member, a removable sleeve connected with said compression member, and means for creating a vacuum within said sleeve.
4. A device of the character described, comprising in combination an annular compression member, consisting of a plurality of rings each having an aperture of substantially the same diameter as that of the part to which the device is applied, before congestion of said part, a collar surrounding said rings and holding the same in position, a removable sleeve carried by said collar, and means for producing a vacuum Within said sleeve.
5. A device of the character described, comprising in combination'an annular compression member, a collar surrounding said member, flanges on said collar to fit upon each side of said compression member, a re movable sleeve carried by said collar, a tubular inexpansible extension on said collar and within said sleeve, and means for producing a vacuum within said sleeve.
6. A device of the character described,
comprising in combination, an annular compression member, a collar surrounding said member, flanges on said collar to fit upon each side of said compression member, a removable sleeve carried by said collar, a tubular extension on said collar within said sleeve and having an internal diameter greater than that of the compression member, and means for producing a vacuum within said sleeve.
7. A device of the character described, comprising in combination, thin circular compression means of great radial thickness on the part to be treated, a combined flanged collar and socket surrounding and retaining said means, a removable sleeve carried by the socket, and vacuum creating means on said sleeve.
8. A device of the character described, comprising in combination, thin circular compression means of great radial thickness on the part to be treated, means for varying the size of the compression means, a combined flanged collar and socket surrounding and retaining the compression means, a removable sleeve carried by the socket, and a suction bulb on the sleeve.
9. A device of the character described, comprising in combination, an annular supporting member having an annular recess communicating with the aperture of said member, an annular compression member arranged within said recess, the aperture of the compression member being smaller than that of the supporting member, a removable sleeve connected with said supporting member, and having a diameter greater than that of the aperture of the supporting member, and means for creating a vacuum within said sleeve.
In testimony whereof I have signed my name to this specification.
DR. OTTO LEDERER.
|Citing Patent||Filing date||Publication date||Applicant||Title|
|US2874698 *||Aug 20, 1957||Feb 24, 1959||Sell Freddie W||Erector|
|US4741329 *||May 14, 1986||May 3, 1988||Lehigh Group Ltd||Surgical appliance for stimulating an erection|
|US4856498 *||Mar 30, 1987||Aug 15, 1989||Osbon Medical Systems, Ltd.||Vacuum generating and constriction apparatus for augmenting male potency|
|US4960113 *||Jan 23, 1989||Oct 2, 1990||Seeberg Elverfeldt Herbert||Erection aid|
|US5095895 *||May 11, 1990||Mar 17, 1992||Dacomed Corporation||Negative pressure erection apparatus|
|US5244453 *||Dec 17, 1992||Sep 14, 1993||Osbon Medical Systems, Inc.||Apparatus for augmenting male potency|
|US5344389 *||May 28, 1992||Sep 6, 1994||Mission Pharmacal Company, Inc.||Combination seal and constricting device|
|US5421808 *||Jul 30, 1993||Jun 6, 1995||Osbon Medical Systems, Ltd.||Battery-operated male organ conditioning appliance|
|US5624378 *||Aug 31, 1994||Apr 29, 1997||Osbon Medical Systems, Inc.||Pumpless vacuum generation for augmenting male potency|
|US5666971 *||Oct 25, 1993||Sep 16, 1997||Anatolievich; Pomozov Pyotr||Device for improving erection|
|US5885205 *||Oct 3, 1996||Mar 23, 1999||Kassman; Leon B.||Condom exerting lateral pressure on the penis|
|US6183414 *||Apr 26, 1999||Feb 6, 2001||Michael S. Wysor||Technique for restoring plasticity to tissues of a male or female organ|
|US6569083 *||Mar 23, 1999||May 27, 2003||Leon B. Kassman||Male, hermaphroditic, and female condoms exerting lateral pressure on the penis and the vagina|
|US6905459||Apr 9, 2003||Jun 14, 2005||Arthur L. Humphries, Jr.||Device for treating erectile dysfunction|
|US7654265||Oct 5, 2007||Feb 2, 2010||Mady Attila||Condom valve|
|US7963285||Oct 5, 2007||Jun 21, 2011||Mady Attila||Adhesive condom and deployment|
|US8579837||Apr 30, 2013||Nov 12, 2013||ExploraMed NC6, LLC||Devices and methods for promoting female sexual wellness|
|US20050119521 *||Dec 2, 2003||Jun 2, 2005||Pitcher Rex L.||Vacuum exercise device for promoting expansion of soft-tissue|
|US20090090368 *||Oct 5, 2007||Apr 9, 2009||Mady Attila||Adhesive condom and deployment|
|US20090090369 *||Oct 5, 2007||Apr 9, 2009||Mady Attila||Condom Valve|
|EP0246080A2 *||May 13, 1987||Nov 19, 1987||Benjamin F. Marcune||Surgical appliance for stimulating an erection|
|WO1987006822A1 *||May 14, 1987||Nov 19, 1987||Lehigh Group Ltd||Surgical appliance for stimulating an erection|
|WO2002062275A1||Feb 5, 2001||Aug 15, 2002||Ebert Michael||Techique for restoring plasticity to tissues of a male or female organ|