|Publication number||US1416654 A|
|Publication date||May 16, 1922|
|Filing date||Apr 2, 1921|
|Priority date||Apr 2, 1921|
|Publication number||US 1416654 A, US 1416654A, US-A-1416654, US1416654 A, US1416654A|
|Original Assignee||Lenneberg Adolf|
|Export Citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Referenced by (12), Classifications (15)|
|External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet|
VANITYCASE ASSEMBLAGE. APPLICATION BLED APR. 2, 1921.
1,%16,65% Patented May 16, 192:2.
-2 SHEETS-SHEET 1.
W/ T/VESSES A.- LENNEBERG. VANITY-CASE ASSEMBLAGE. APPLICATION FILED APR- 2, 1921.
Patnted May 16, 192' 2 SHEETSSHEET 2.
R m W W WI T M58858 A TTOR/VEYS AWLF LENNEBERG, OF YON'KERS, NEW YG'RJK.
Application filed April 2, 1921.
or for use for a similar purpose, and is more particularly designed -for embodying a frame incorporated in a glove at an opening in the wrist portion so that a wrist watch may be viewed therethrough, the frame, however, being attachable to a handbag or other supporting article.
The invention comprehends an assemblag which in addition to the attaching frame in- Specification of Letters Patent.
cludes a box-like body as well as a cover and frame therefor, the cover frame being detachably engageable with the securing frame and detachably engaged by the box like body. The arrangement is such that the body may be detached leaving the cover frame on the open securing frame for the viewing of a wrist watch or the cover frame with the body detaohably held thereto may be disengaged from the securing frame to constitute in itself a portable vanity case apart from the securing frame.
Reference is to be had to the accompanying drawings forming a part of this specification, it being understood that the drawings are merely illustrative of one example of the invention. 7
Figure 1 is a plan view of the securing frame applied to a glove and the cover frame engaged with said securing frame, the two afi ording a window or opening in a glove for viewing awrist watch;
Figure 2 is a view similar to Figure 1 but with the box-like body secured to the cover frame;
Figure 3 is a plan view showing the use of the cover frame with its cover and the box-like body therein as employed with a bracelet after the manner of wearing a wrist watch;
Figure 4: is a plan view of the cover frame with its cover closed;
Figure 5 is an inverted plan view of the cover frame;
Patented May is, reea.
Serial No. 457,868.
Figure 6 is a plan view of the securing frame applied to a glove shown in'part, a portlon of said frame being broken away;
Figure 7 is a fragmentary view showing a portion of the blank from which the securmg frame is formed;
Figure 8 is a plan view of the box-like body; 4 Figure 9 is a vertical section of the secur- 1ng frame showing the same applied to a glove, and the cover frame, the view illustratmg the .manner of engaging the cover frame with the securing frame;
Figure 10 is a sectional view similar to Flgure 9 but including the box-like body, the view showing the cover frame engaged wlth the securing frame and ngaging the manner of engaging the box-like body with the cover frame. 4
In carrying out my invention in accordance with. the illustrated example an annular securlng frame 15 is provided adapted to-be applledto a supporting article such as a glove A, a handbag, or the like, having an opening or a cut-out therein. In the illustrated form the glove'has an opening in the back thereof at the wrist that a wrist watch may be viewed therethrough. The frame 15 1s formed from a blank 15* which is turned over on the annular score line indicated at 15*, Figure 7, to produce the main upper flange and the narrower bottom flange 15. In the forming of the annular frame 15 there is produced or formed thereon at the interior a narrow flange 15 and said frame at the opposed surfaces of the flange members thereof is formed with oblique ribs 15 or an equivalent roughened formation to give a gripping action on the material of the glove A or the like. The assemblage in-. cludes with the frame 15 a box-like body or receptacle 16 and a cover frame 17, the cover 18 of which is suitably hinged as at 19 and provided with a nail grip 18 for lifting the Said cover snaps into engagement with a short neck or vertical annular flange 17 on the frame 17, there beinga depending annular flange .17 at the opening of the frame at the under side of the latter.
The cover frame 17 is adapted to be held to the frame 15 as follows: In the flange 15 is formed a notch l5 and on the cover frame 17 at diametrically opposite sides of the appended claims.
opening thereof are formed out-turned lugs 17, 17 on the under flange 17 The one flange 1 7 advantageously is wider than the flange 17. \Vith the construction described the broader flange 17 is passed beneath the flange 15 on the frame 15 diametrically opposite the notch 15 so that the smaller flange 17 may be passed through. the notch 15 beneath the flange 15 and the frame 17 then given a partial turn so that the flange 17 is turned away from the notch 15 through which it entered.
The broadening of the flange 1'?" promotes convenience in entering the same beneath the flange 15 in a way to effect a firm engagement as the frame is lowered to pass the flange 17 into the notch 15; Also, the greater width of the flange 17 prevents it from escaping through not-ch 15 so that only by bringing the narrow flange 17 to the notch 15 can the cover frame 17 be disengaged from the securing frame 15.
The detachable engagement between the receptacle 16 and the frame 17 is provided for as follows: In the frame 17 at the under flange 17 thereof is a notch 17 and on the receptacle 16 at diametrically opposite sides are, outwardly disposed ears 16 one smaller than the other. The receptacle 16 may be so placed against the cover frame 17 as'to enter one of the ears 16 beneath the under flange 17 so that the diametrically opposite ear 16 may be passed through the notch 17 formed in said flange 17", after which the receptacle isgiven a partial turn to take the entering ear 1 16* away from the said notch 17".
The described arrangement permits of the receptacle 16 being detached from the cover frame 17 so that when said cover frame is held to the securing frame 15 on a glove for example, a through opening will be afforded for the viewing of a wrist watch. On the other hand with the receptacle in place on the cover frame, the assemblage may be empipyed as a vanity case, coin holder, or the li e.
Again, the cover frame 17 with the receptacle 16 thereon may be readily detached from the securing frame 15 so that the covered receptacle may be worn with. a bracelet as inligure 3 or carried in a pocketbook or handbag.
For securing the frame 17 to the snap hooks bof a bracelet or wrist band B, I form diametrically opposite holes 17 f in said'cover frame.
I would state in conclusion that while the illustrated example constitutes a practical embodiment of my invention, I do not limit myself strictly. to the exact details herein illustrated, since manifestly the same can be conslderably varied without departure from. the splrit of the invention as .defined in the curing frame adapted to be applied to a supporting article at an opening therein, a second frame having a movable cover thereon, and a separate receptacle, said securing frame and cover frame having co-engaging fastener members to detachably hold one frame to the other, and said receptacle and said cover frame having co-engaging fastener members to detachably hold the cover frame to the receptacle.
2. An assembla e of the class described including a securin frame adapted to be a plied to a supportlng article at an opening t erein, a second frame having a cover, coengaging fastener members at the exterior of the cover frame and at the interior of the securing frame for detachably engaging one frame with the other, a receptacle fittingwithin said cover frame and means detachably fastening the receptacle to the cover frame independently of the cover and independently of the means for fastening the frames toeach other.
3. In an assemblage of the class described, a securing frame having means to engage a supporting article at an opening therein, said frame having an internal flange formed with a notch, a second frame provided with a cover, said cover frame having a flange fitting within the securing frame and formed at the exterior with fastener members adapted to be engaged beneath the flange of the securing frame, one of said fastener members being wider than the other and wider than said notch, the other of the fastener members being adapted to be passed through the notch, and a receptacle fitting within said cover frame and presenting lateral cars at diametrically opposite sides at the exterior of the receptacle, adapted to engage beneath the flange of the cover frame, the flange of the cover frame having a notch through which One of the fastener members on the receptacle may be passed.
4. In an assemblage of the class described, a securing frame having means to engage a supporting article at an opening therein, said frame having an internal flange formed with a notch, and a second frame having a flange fitting within the securing frame and formed at the exterior with fastener members adapted to be engaged beneath the flange of the securing frame, one of said fastener members being wider than the other and wider than said notch, the other of the fastener members being adapted to be passed through the notch.
5. In an assemblage of the class described, a receptacle, and a separate frame thereon, said frame having a cover, and said receptacle presenting lateral ears at diametrically opposite sides at the exterior of the receptacle, 'said frame having an internal flange beneath which said ears may engage,
. 7 said flange having- -a notch through which one of the ears may be passed.
6. In an assemblage of the class described, a receptacle, and 'a separate frame thereon, said frame having a cover, and said receptacle presenting lateral ears at oliametrically opposite sides at the exterior of the receptacle, one of said ears being smaller than 10 ADULF LENNEBE-RG.
|Citing Patent||Filing date||Publication date||Applicant||Title|
|US4387838 *||Sep 18, 1981||Jun 14, 1983||Jackson Patrick L||Glove-mounted wrist watch|
|US4776045 *||Oct 9, 1987||Oct 11, 1988||Jo Mysliwiec||Swimming goggles including a timing device|
|US4862521 *||Dec 9, 1987||Sep 5, 1989||Mann Kevin D||Watch supporting, protecting and insulating device|
|US4918759 *||Dec 20, 1988||Apr 24, 1990||Anderson Ernest R||Timekeeping cap|
|US5623731 *||Jan 6, 1995||Apr 29, 1997||Ehrgott; Rudolf||Detachable device for fastening an object, located in a case, to a carrier|
|US6275996||Jan 28, 2000||Aug 21, 2001||Acushnet Company||Articles with removable elements|
|US6611962||Jun 26, 2001||Sep 2, 2003||Acushnet Company||Articles with removable elements|
|US7959351 *||Nov 3, 2009||Jun 14, 2011||Thorpe Derek B||Hand worn watch apparatus|
|US8677515 *||Feb 22, 2006||Mar 25, 2014||Nike, Inc.||Article of apparel incorporating a covered electronic device|
|US9635888||Feb 5, 2014||May 2, 2017||Nike, Inc.||Article of apparel incorporating a covered electronic device|
|US20070194066 *||Feb 22, 2006||Aug 23, 2007||Nike, Inc.||Article of apparel incorporating a covered electronic device|
|EP0662648A1 *||Jan 2, 1995||Jul 12, 1995||Dirk Albrecht||Means for securing to and removing from a carrier a device in a housing|
|U.S. Classification||224/217, 2/160, 224/241, 132/293, 224/903|
|International Classification||A44C5/00, A45D40/18, A41D19/00|
|Cooperative Classification||A44C5/003, Y10S224/903, A41D19/0027, A45D40/18|
|European Classification||A41D19/00H2, A44C5/00B6, A45D40/18|