|Publication number||US1709831 A|
|Publication date||Apr 23, 1929|
|Filing date||Aug 13, 1927|
|Priority date||Aug 13, 1927|
|Publication number||US 1709831 A, US 1709831A, US-A-1709831, US1709831 A, US1709831A|
|Inventors||Donald R Baker|
|Original Assignee||Donald R Baker|
|Export Citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Referenced by (7), Classifications (5)|
|External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet|
April 23, 1929. D. R. BAKER 1,709,831
ADVERTISING CIRCULAR Filed Aug. 15, 1927 IN V EN TOR.
Patented Apr. 23, 1929.
; FREQ 1501mm) 3. BAKER, or new YORK, N. Y.
- Application filed August 13, 1927. Serial N...1212,6a.
In the drawings which show, for illustrative purposes only, preferred forms of the nvention Fig. 1 is an isometric view of a circular almost completely folded ,and exhibiting certain indioia; I
Fig. 2 is a View similar to Fig. 1,. but illustrating the circular partly unfolded and exhibiting other indicia;
Fig. 3 is a fragmentary viewillustrat ng v a slight modification;
, Fig. 4 is a front view of a modified form of circular in folded position; 7
Fig. 5 is a view similar to Fig. 4.,but illustrating the circular partly unfolded;
Fig. 6 is a sectional view illustrating the parts in substantially the positions' shown in Fig. 5 h
In said drawings 7 indicates ;a sheet of paper or the like which constitutes the body of the circular. 'A housing portion may be provided at one side, preferably the top of the sheet and may be formed by folding down the top portion 8 of the sheet so as to form a housing between itself and the sheet 7. A window 9 is formed in the folded portion 8 and as illustrated in Fig.
a slot open at one-edge of the sheet. The.
sheet 7 is folded forwardly along the line 10 anda tab 11 is joined to the, lower portion 12 of. the sheet at a point below the fold line 1O. As shown in Figs. 1 to 8 the tab 11 is formed merely by foldlng the lower part 12 of the sheet rearwa'rdly at 13 and then again folding the sheet'for wardly along thev line 14:. The rear fold line 14 before the circular is folded is also located :below thefoldfline 10.- The tab 11 carries at the rearan appropriate message or other indicia which when the sheet isfolded is moved into position so .as to be visible through the window 9. as indicated in Figs. '1 and '3. It-will now be clear that 0 l when the circular is in folded"p0sition. as
indicated in Figs. 1 and a the indicia carried by the tab 11 willv be visible through the window 9. Now when the circular is unfolded the fold' line 13 swings outwardly and during the unfolding of the circular above the fold line .10 the tab 11 is drawn downwardly and a second message or other indicia will be uncovered and then be visible through the window 9 as indicated in Fig. i
2. The movement of the tab during, folding and unfolding is accomplishedbythe apart .a greater distancethan the fold lines 13 and 14. I l
While that form of the invention described in Figs. 1 to 3.is very simple in construction and has been found to; be; satisfactory in use there are many modifications and additions which maybe made, for example a in that form shown in Figs/1, '5 and 6,t he
sheet 15' is provided with ;a housing, asby folding 'down the sidel6. The. folded 'portion 16 is provided witha suitable window 17. The tab 18 as'shownaparticularlyin Fig. 6 is not an. integral part of'the sheet 15 but is secured to the lower,p ortion"19 of the sheet and isipreferably foldable thereon as indicated at 20. In. this particular form the tab 18;.has-a window 21't'herein which may be-covered by transparent paper or the like22. The sheet 15 carries indicia such as a womans facewhich face is visible through the window 17 when the circular is'partly unfolded as will be: clear from,
Figs. 5 and 6. The tab 18 also carries appropriate indicia and in the form shown such indicia are on the "transparent sheet r 5Yand. 6 indicates a womans face on the '2 sheet 15 and lines indicating wrinkles or the like on thetransparent sheet 22 so that when the circular is folded the womans face will appear "somewhat as shown in Fig. 4 and when the circular unfolded and the tab 18 withdrawn the wrinkles will disappear and the clear face shown in Fig. 5 will appear.
There are many uses and-adaptations of the present invention, and those'shown are tobe regarded merely as illustrative.
While the invention has been described in considerable detail, I do not wish to be strictly limited to the particular form shown since many changes can be made within the scope of the invention as defined in the appended claims.
. 1. In a device of the character described, a sheet having a housing portion at one side, said housing having a window therein and I indicia on said sheet'below said housing visible through said window, s id sheet having afold line therein, and'a tab on said sheet adapted to be received within said housing portion, said fold line beingb'etween said ousing portion and the juncture between said tab and sheet forming folds of unequal length whereby when'said sheet is folded at the fold said tab will be forced into said housing, said tab having indicia thereon visible through said'window when said sheet is folded, the first mentioned indicia being ,dis-
closed when the device ispartly unfolded.
2. In a device of'the character described, a sheet having one side folded over to form a housing between said folded over side and the main body portion of the sheet, said foldedoverportion'having a window therein, said'sheet having indiciathereon visible through said window, a tab on said sheet and adaptedto be received in said housing, said sheet having a fold line therein intermediate the housing portion and the junction'betweensaid tab and sheet forming folds of unequal length whereby when said sheet is folded said tab will-be received withinsaid housing portion, said tab having indicia thereon visible through said window when said sheet is folded, the first mentioned indicia being disclosed when the device is partly unfolded.
3. In a device of the character described,
a sheet having a housing portion at one side and having a window therein and having indicia thereon visible through said window, a tab having indicia thereon and joined to said sheet at a point removed from said housing portion, said sheet having a fold line therein intermediate the juncture between said tab and sheet and said housing portion forming folds of unequal length, said tab havingv indicia thereon visible through said window when said sheet is folded, the first mentioned indicia being disclosed when the device is partly unfolded.
4. In a device of the character described, a sheet having a housing portion formed by folding said sheet along one side, said housing portion having a window therein, a tab on said sheetformed by folding the opposite side of said sheet adapted to be received in said housing portion,said sheet having a fold line therein intermediate said housing portion and the juncture betweenfs'aid tab and sheet forming folds of unequal length whereby when said sheet. is folded uponsaid fold line said tab will be forced into said housing portion, andwithdrawn from said housing when said sheet is un folded. I I 1. j
- 5. In adevice of the character described, a sheet having a lower tab folded rear- .wardly and indicia on'said tab at therear of said sheet, said sheet having a forwardv fold above said rearwardfold, said folds being spaced apart a distance less than the.
sheet is unfolded.
- DONALD R. BAKER. J
|Citing Patent||Filing date||Publication date||Applicant||Title|
|US2967657 *||Sep 24, 1957||Jan 10, 1961||Bernard Kushner||Letterheads and the like|
|US3288350 *||Jan 29, 1965||Nov 29, 1966||Bernard N Kushner||Advertisement mail constructions|
|US3946508 *||Jun 5, 1975||Mar 30, 1976||Yankee Artists, Inc.||Scene-changing display card|
|US6776117 *||Dec 11, 2002||Aug 17, 2004||D'onofrio Shane F.||Signal device for positioning a vehicle|
|US20030112514 *||Dec 11, 2002||Jun 19, 2003||D'onofrio Shane F.||Signal device for positioning a vehicle|
|DE3421290A1 *||Jun 7, 1984||Jun 20, 1985||Fumakilla Ltd||Schaedlingsbekaempfungsblatt und vorrichtung, welche das ende der wirkung anzeigt|
|WO2007126859A2 *||Mar 27, 2007||Nov 8, 2007||Structural Graphics Llc A Ltd||Promotional display system|
|U.S. Classification||40/491, 229/92.3|