|Publication number||US1779903 A|
|Publication date||Oct 28, 1930|
|Filing date||May 10, 1928|
|Priority date||May 18, 1927|
|Publication number||US 1779903 A, US 1779903A, US-A-1779903, US1779903 A, US1779903A|
|Inventors||Pierre Daragon Marcel|
|Original Assignee||Pierre Daragon Marcel|
|Export Citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Referenced by (5), Classifications (8)|
|External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet|
Oct. 28, 1930. M; P.'DARAGON IEMOUNTABLE GYMNASTIC APPARATUS Fild May 10, 1928 Patented Oct. 28, 1930 UNITED STATES PATENT, OFFICE mom. PIERRE panacea, or LYON, amen nmomssnn eymnasrrc nrrana'rus Application filed Kay 10, 1928, Serial No. 276,731, and in France May 18, 1927.'
plete and non-cumbersome apparatus suitable for giving lessons in physical culture and allowing of practicing all-exercises such as escalading, climbing, trapeze and fixed bar work ring work, balance suspension, lateral translation jumping, Swedish bar exercises etc.
The apparatus can be set up almost instantaneously, b means of four guy-ropes or it may be fixe to remain on the ground. It is adjustable as to the height of the members with respect to the ground so as to allow its adaptation to persons of all ages. 'It can, further, in the case of Very small places, be set up only in part.
It is essentially constituted of two vertical uprights surmounted by a horizontal platform of open work and on each of the sides.
, of which is a horizontal laddersupported by one of the central uprights and by an auxiliary support.
All this structure which is demountable and can be set up very rapidly on any ground is provided also with ropes, poles, rings, a.
fixed bar and Swedish bars.
The invention can be well understood with the aid of the following description and the annexed drawing, which description and drawing are it is understood, given by Way of example.
Fig. 1 is a View of the whole, in perspective.
Fig. 2 shows on a larger scale, the detail of the method of fixing the fixed bar.
Figs. 3 and 4 are two detail views in elevation respectively from the side and from the 40 front, s owing the method of assemblage of the upper platform with the uprights of the structure. I
Two vertical uprights a and b constituted by ladders have at their upper part a hori-- zontal open-work platform 0 which serves as a support for a small movable ladder d terminated with handles e and for two. bars 7 also smooth ropes g, poles h and finally rings 5.
The two vertical uprights a and b serve also as support for a fixed bar 1' the height of which can beregulated with respect to the ground. i
- The latter have also, in their lower part, each twoparallel slides, in and Zin which.
- can be displaced in the direction of the height p a ladder m and two Swedish bars n which are supported at their ends by a support 0 which may be constituted by a foot ladder also comprising two slides p and g. I
Holes 1' formed in these slides an receiv-v 6 ing pins 8 allow of modif ing the height of the bars n and of the lad er.
Finally the system of the movable assemblage of the platform 0 and of the vertical uprights a and b is constituted (Figs. 3 and 4) by forks t terminating each of thesaid uprights and in which pins u engage, the extreme cross-members c of the said platform which are inte ral with arms to restin on the upper strengthened rungs w of the. adders a and b.
7 On each of the latter a flat iron member y fixed to run s z'by stirrups 2 (Fig. 2) serves as a support %or the fixed bar j of which the height with respect to the ground can be 7 regulated by utilizing one or other of the supports 3.
The two vertical uprights a and b' which carr a plumb line, are maintained in the vertical position by stays 4 fixed t0 sa Y ground. p
In the case where the apparatus is erected to remain in a place then the uprights may be fixtures. 1
By the invention an apparatus is provided 35 which besides its features of rapid mounting and demounting allows of efl'ecting all gymnastic exercises.
' The invention is not limited to the sole method of construction described but comprises all modifications of construction and particularly its realization'as a demountable to a v Tiavin now particularly described and ascertaine the nature of my said invention as and in what manner the same is to be performed, I declare that what I claim is:
1. Demountable gymnastic apparatus comprising a pair of upright supportinig laders', an open frame connecting and etach- 10o ably secured to the upper ends of said ladders, a air of supporting ladders in line with an spaced from the outer sides of the first named ladders, Swedish bars having their outer ends detachably secured to the second named ladders and supporting means for the inner ends of the Swedish bars, said supporting means being detachabl and adjustably secured to the first name ladders.
2. Apparatus as claimed in claim 1, in which the open-work platform comprises longitudinal bars which bear on the uppermost bars of the first named ladders and cross bars on said longitudinal bars and said first named ladders are provided at their upper ends with means to detachablysecure the ends of the cross bars of said platform to the upper ends of said ladders.
3. Apparatus as claimed in claim 1, in-. cluding supports detachably and adjustably secured to the first named ladders and a bar detachably secured at its ends to said supports and arranged between and serving to brace the first named ladders. In witness whereof I aflix my signature. MARCEL PIERRE DARAGON.
|Citing Patent||Filing date||Publication date||Applicant||Title|
|US2648538 *||Feb 17, 1950||Aug 11, 1953||E Y Brown||Convertible playground apparatus|
|US3501140 *||Jan 2, 1968||Mar 17, 1970||George J Eichorn||Combined collapsible physical fitness apparatus including a horizontal bar and other exercising devices|
|US5261868 *||Apr 14, 1992||Nov 16, 1993||Pryor Jr Joe E||Exercise device|
|US20070032357 *||May 23, 2006||Feb 8, 2007||Piane Robert A Jr||User-defined exercise apparatus|
|WO1993020899A1 *||Apr 13, 1993||Oct 28, 1993||Pryor Joe E||Exercise device and method|
|U.S. Classification||482/23, 482/41, D21/826, 482/24, D21/797|