|Publication number||US1826976 A|
|Publication date||Oct 13, 1931|
|Filing date||Oct 7, 1930|
|Priority date||Oct 7, 1930|
|Publication number||US 1826976 A, US 1826976A, US-A-1826976, US1826976 A, US1826976A|
|Inventors||Wright David Edward|
|Original Assignee||Wright David Edward|
|Export Citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Referenced by (27), Classifications (8)|
|External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet|
D. E. WRIGHT TRAVELING BAG Oct. 13, 1931.
2 Sheets-Sheet 1 Filed Oct. '7, 1930 JIIHHHIHI 9-. WRIGHT TRAVELING BAG 2 Sheets- 811 2 Filed Oct. 7,1930
tioned features which is of the closed type as 22.
Patented Oct, 13, 1931 7 UMTED STATES rA-r DAVID EDWARD WRIGHT, OF WEYEBS GAVE, VIRGINIA TRAVELING BAG Application filed October 7, 1930.v Serial lilo. 487,060.
The present invention relates to traveling set withinthe gripping'portion of the handle, hand-bags and consists in the combinations and at the juncture or meeting line of'the and arrangements of elements hereinafter de side portions 11, are located a pair of metal scribed and particularly setforth in the acreinforcing and locking plates or bars 18 and 5 companying claims. 19, extending for the entirelength of the 5B The invention has for its purpose to probag. Said plates have inter-engaging parts vide a hand-bag of the type usually carried 22 and 23 and are also provided with fastener by travelers wherein durability, security of or latch elements 20, 21 and 24. Said recontents, facility of locking and unlocking. inforcing and interlocking bars or plateslS 0 case of opening andclosing, and economy of and 19 extend for the full length of the bag, '60 space when traveling are the principal qualiand are adapted to be readily engaged or ties desired. released by slightly tilting the handleportion A further purpose is to produce a specially to one side a distance sufficient to remove the designed hand-bag embodying the above menhooks 23 from engagement with theopenings distinct from the kind which opens fully It will therefore be seen the completed bag along a medial line, or having an opening is provided with reinforcing elements hav-' side. And the invention further contemplates ing the locks (22"and 28) which securely producing this style and type of bag embodycioses the receptacle portion of the bag, and 1 ing the minimum amount of material in its this in turn is additionallyrsecured bythe make-up, and which may be manufactured at locking element 24:. The hand-gripping small cost. portions or handle members, 13 and 14, are The invention is shown by way of illustrafastened together by the locking element 16, tion in the accompanying drawings, wherein: and thus secured the bag may be readily Figure 1 is a perspective View of the bag handled or carried, and when desired to open Completethe bag itis necessary only thatthe handle s Figure 2 a transverse sectional View portion be t lted slightly to one side which thereof. rel.easesthe locking element 16. In like man- Figure 3 an enlarged detailed view showner a similar tilting or bending of the lower ing a portion of one of the side flaps.
Figure 4 a central, longitudinal, sectional 22 and 23 to'be disengaged as above stated view of the bag, and; It will be understood that the invention as Figures 5 and 6 show perspective views of heroin disclosed is not limited to the details 7 35 the two s de reinforcing and locking bars. OfCGHSt-IUCUODS shown and described, but Referring to the construction in further dethat these may be varied widely without tail and wherein similar reference characters departing from the scope of the claims. designate corresponding parts in the different 7 hat is claimed as new is: figures shown, the bag consists of a main body l. A traveling hand-bag comprising a portion comprising sides 7, .endpieoes'B, a body having side portions extending above bottom section 9, and reinforcing pieces 10 for its mouth with th adjacent surfaces thereof the respective end portions. "The two side lying in close contact for thefull lengthier members 7 have inturned portions 11 at the the bag, saidside portionsformed with regtop and with the inturned or foldable poristering openings providing a handle, and tions 12 at the ends provide the top closure devices for holding said handle portions sin for the bag. The side portions 11 form the "the aforesaid close contact substantially as handle sections 13 and 14 having the hand set forth. opening 15 providing a grip. The exterior -2; A travel ng hand-bag comprising a surface of the handle is rounded to provide body having side portions extending above 5 for easy handling as shown. its mouth with the ad acent surfaces thereof A locking device (16 and 17) is suitably lying in close surface contact over an apportion of the handle will cause the elements so 7 preciably Wide area, said side portions formed With registerin openings providing a handle, and devices for holding said handle portions in the aforesaid close surface contact substantially as set forth.
3. A traveling hand-bag comprising a body portion opening at the top and having upwardly extending sides and inwardly folding ends, said sides extending above the mouth of the bag and having their respective inner surfaces lying in intimate contact for the full length thereof and over a substantially Wide area. and formed With registering openings providing a handle, and devices normally holding said handle portions in the aforesaid close soface contact substantially as forth.
l. A t aveling hand-bag comprising a body in and a handle portion, said handlo portion being formed by side extensions of the body portion above the mouth of the and having flat and closely contacting surfaces, the exterior surfaces of the handle portion being grounded to provide a hand grip, and devices normally holding said handle portions in the aforesaid close surface cont-act substantially as set forth.
5. A traveling hand-bag comprising a body portion having meeting side portions above the mouth of the bag providing a handle, and reinforcing and interlocking bars extending; substantially the length of the bag and holding said handle portions in close contact, substantially as set forth.
6. A traveling hand-bag comprising a body portion having meeting side portions abovethe mouth the provioing a hen dle, and concealed rigid reinforcing and interlockinp; bars secured to said side portions, and holding said handle portions in close contact substantially as set forth.
7. A traveling handbag comprising a body portion and a handle portion, said handle portion above the mouth of the bag being formed by extensions of the body portion and having flat and closely contacting surfaces, and rigid reinforcing and interlocking bars extending substantially the length of the bag and holoing said handle portions in close contact, substantially as set forth.
8. A traveling hand-bag comprising a body portion and a handle portion, said handle portion being formed by extensions of the body portion above the mouth of the bag and having fiat and closely contacting surfaces, devices holding said handle portions together and rigid reinforcing and interlocking bars extending the full length of and secured to said side portions, substantially as set forth.
9. A traveling hand-bag comprising a body portion having upwardly sides eXtendabove the mouth of the bag and lying in timate surface contactproviding a handle, rigid interlocking and reinforcing bars securing the side portions for the full length of the bag, and a separate locking device for the handle, substantially as set forth.
In Witness whereof, I have hereunto set my hand at Washington, District of Columbia, this sixth day of September, A. D. nineteen hundred and thirty.
DAVID EDl/VARD VVIBlGI Il.
|Citing Patent||Filing date||Publication date||Applicant||Title|
|US2513040 *||Sep 4, 1947||Jun 27, 1950||Helmuth Miller||Knitting or utility bag handle|
|US2518006 *||Jul 5, 1946||Aug 8, 1950||Ernst Henriksen||Divided circular handle having interlocking means|
|US2578391 *||Apr 28, 1948||Dec 11, 1951||Behr Leo J||Shopping bag and pants hanger|
|US2678671 *||Jul 28, 1949||May 18, 1954||Jacob Rifkin||Lockable bag|
|US3376618 *||Sep 10, 1965||Apr 9, 1968||Windmoeller & Hoelscher||Snap fastener|
|US3812962 *||Mar 31, 1972||May 28, 1974||Grip Pak Inc||Container package|
|US4228666 *||Apr 2, 1979||Oct 21, 1980||Perez Alonso Domingo||Safety latches for portfolios, bags, suitcases and the like|
|US4674128 *||Oct 29, 1984||Jun 16, 1987||Ruff Stanley L||Carrying bag for cones with frozen comestibles|
|US6390297 *||Oct 27, 2000||May 21, 2002||Targus Group International||Carrying case for portable computer|
|US6406183 *||Sep 16, 1998||Jun 18, 2002||Jason Bober||Compact tote for protective storage of convertible top boot|
|US6687955||Aug 17, 2001||Feb 10, 2004||Targus Group International||Handle for carrying case|
|US7048103||Dec 24, 2003||May 23, 2006||Targus Group International||Handle for carrying case|
|US7721778 *||Apr 10, 2006||May 25, 2010||Three Point Ventures, Llc||Convertible laptop bag|
|US7909161||Jul 31, 2007||Mar 22, 2011||Belkin International, Inc.||Case configured to hold portable computer and method of manufacturing and using the same|
|US8408791 *||Sep 30, 2011||Apr 2, 2013||Wen-Tsan Wang||Storage bag|
|US8567578||Feb 13, 2009||Oct 29, 2013||Targus Group International, Inc.||Portable computer case|
|US8763795||Jan 23, 2013||Jul 1, 2014||Targus Group International, Inc.||Dual support flap case|
|US9642466 *||Jul 28, 2015||May 9, 2017||Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.||Universal media pocket and chair with universal media pocket|
|US9675148||Mar 11, 2016||Jun 13, 2017||Targus International Llc||Extendable, universal case for portable electronic devices|
|US9700113||Sep 2, 2016||Jul 11, 2017||Targus International Llc||Extendable, universal case for portable electronic devices|
|US20040134827 *||Dec 24, 2003||Jul 15, 2004||Hollingsworth W. Dale||Handle for carrying case|
|US20060228052 *||Apr 10, 2006||Oct 12, 2006||Roadwired||Convertible laptop bag|
|US20090032421 *||Jul 31, 2007||Feb 5, 2009||Belkin International, Inc.||Case configured to hold portable computer and method of manufacturing and using the same|
|US20100006384 *||Jun 30, 2009||Jan 14, 2010||Belkin International, Inc.||Portable electronic device carrier|
|US20160029804 *||Jul 28, 2015||Feb 4, 2016||Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.||Universal media pocket and chair with universal media pocket|
|EP0560654A1 *||Mar 5, 1993||Sep 15, 1993||Agnès WU||Bag|
|WO1987002967A1 *||Nov 18, 1986||May 21, 1987||Polsun Manufacturing Corporation||Bag handle|
|U.S. Classification||190/117, 292/DIG.500, 383/15, 383/10|
|Cooperative Classification||A45C3/00, Y10S292/50|