|Publication number||US1827929 A|
|Publication date||Oct 20, 1931|
|Filing date||Dec 31, 1928|
|Priority date||Dec 31, 1928|
|Publication number||US 1827929 A, US 1827929A, US-A-1827929, US1827929 A, US1827929A|
|Inventors||Bigelow Jonas D|
|Original Assignee||Bigelow Jonas D|
|Export Citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Referenced by (22), Classifications (9)|
|External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet|
Oct. 20, 1931.
J. D; BIGELOW LURE .KIT
INVENTOR. j'O/V/IS 115/654 014 M I ATTORNEYS.
Patented Oct 20, 1931- UNITED STATES PATENT? oFF'IcE JONAS D. BIGELOW', OF INDIANAPOLIS, INDIANA LURE KIT Application filed December 81, 1928. Serial No. 329,626.
plurality of positions such as slung over either shoulder. or supported upon the'chest of the carrier. When su ported in the last mentioned position the it is arranged so that when opened the contents are exposed horizontally for ready inspection, etc.
One feature of'the invention consists in providing a kit with a plurality of straps or similar supports whereby the same may be supported in any one of a plurality of positions;
Another feature of the invention consists in the peculiar hinge and latch constructions.
embodied in the kit.
The full nature of the invention will be more fully understood from the accompanying drawings and the following description and claims:
In the drawings Fig. 1 illustrates the kit and till box in open relation exposing the interior of the box and kit in horizontal position. Fig. 2 is a longitudinal section through the same with the till cover closed and the kit cover partially open.
In the drawings indicates a cover haV-' mg a pair of side walls 11 and an arcuate forward wall 12. The rear end of each side wall 11 is substantially semi-circular as at 13 and the rear wall of the cover is formed by extending the top 10 rearwardly to form a quarter cylinder as at 14. Coaxial with each side wall and supported thereby is an inwardly extending rivet or pin 15. The bottom of the kit includes two side walls 16 which terminate in similar semi-circular ends 17. The front wall 18 may be straight or arcuate as shown, and the front wall and side walls are connected together by the bottom 19 which is extended upwardly into semi cylindrical relation-20 at the rear end thereof and the free end extends downwardly and inwardly as at 21 to form the rear end of the till receiving compartment.
Suitably secured to each side of the cover are a pair of strap anchorages 22 and each supports a strap 23 the free ends of which have an adjustable buckle connection 24. This strap construction is adapted to be passed around the chest and back of the wearer and to hold the cover in upright relation as shown in Fig. l. The neck strap 25 has a similar adjustable buckle connection 26, the
ends of the straps 25 being secured as at 27.
to the front portion of the kit cover. The strap -25 positions the kit at the desired height upon the carrier and strap. 23 prevents the sameswinging outwardly when the carrier stoops, such as in fishing, or the like. The front 12 of the cover is apertured as at 28 to receive a tooth 29 carried by spring member 30 having the finger engageable extension 31 and the rivet type anchorage 32. The front 18 of the bottom of the kit has a portion struck inwardly at 33 forming the notch 34 which receives the tooth 29 so that the cover is yieldingly locked to the bottom of the kit. There is also provided on the bottom of the kit. a finger ring 35 suitably swiveled by an anchorage 36 secured to said bottom.
Positioned within the substantially rectangular compartment formed in the lower part of the kit is a till-type box having the bottom 40, the front wall 41, the rear wall 42, the side walls 43, partitions 44 parallel therewith and partitions 45 transverse thereto.- Cover 46 is hingedly mounted at its rear end to the till box proper. The front 41 is notched as at 47 to yieldingly receive the portion 33 formed in the front of the kit bottom whereby the till is yieldingly locked or caught in kit supported relation. The front 41 is likewise recessed or notched as at 48 to receive a locking tooth 49 which is slidably mounted in the guide or housing 50. The tooth 49 includes a stem 51 which is slidably supported in said housing and between said housing and said tooth 49 and concentric with said stem is a spring 52 for normally projecting the tooth outwardly into socket reception as shown in Fig. 2. The cover is slotted as at 53. slidably mounted therein and extending therethrough is a pin 54 which supports upon its outer side a finger engage able tab 55. The inner end of said pin is suitably secured to the tooth 49 and is provided to retract said tooth in opposition to .the
sprin when it is desired to release and elevate t e ti 1 cover.
The invention claimed is:
1. In combination a compartment forming bottom, a telescoping cover therefor, a catch in the bottom extending inwardly, a till member receivable by the compartment forming bottom and detachably locked' therein by said catch, and a yielding latch on the cover for catch engagement.
2. In combination a compartment'forminlg bottom, a telescopmg cover therefor, a catc in the bottom extending inwardly, a till member receivable by the com artment forming bottom and det'achably loc ed therein by said catch, a yielding latch on the cover for catch engagement, a cover member for said till member, a yieldingly mounted latch carried by one member and a catch upon the other member.
3. A kit construction includin inner container means, a bottom therefor or supportin and peripherally enveloping the same, the si es of the bottom being extended beyond said means in substantially semi-circular arrangement, the end interposed therebetween being substantially semi-c lindrical, and a cover for said bottom inclu ing extended side walls lying adjacent the bottom extensions and a partially cylindrical portion between thecover extensions and rolling on said semicylindrical end, said cover and ottom having a pivotal connection constantly coaxial with the partially circular extensions of the bottom.
4. A device as defined by claim 3, characterized by the addition of inwardly and downwardly directed extensions upon the bottom semi-cylindrical portion for container means retention.
5. A kit construction including a compartment forming bottom with an end wall and spaced side Walls, the ends thereof remote from the end wall having semi-circular extensions, a fully telescoping cover hingedly connected thereto with an end wall and spaced side walls terminating in semi-circular extensions, and a hinge connection therebetween including concentric partially cylindrical opposite ends upon the bottom and the cover, the connection being constantly coaxial with the extensions and the end walls being arcuate in cross section.
6. A kit construction including a compartment forming bottom with an end wall and spaced side walls, the endsthereof remote from the end wall having semi-circular extensions, an exteriorly telescoping cover hingedly connected thereto with an end wall and spaced side walls thereof terminating in semi-circular extensions, and a hinge connection between bottom and cover including concentric partially cylindrical co-operating ends on t e bottom and the cover,.the connection being constantly coaxial with said extensions, the cover supported partially cylindrical end being of a proximately ninety degrees of curvature, t e free edge thereof engaging the bottom for limiting opening movement between the bottom and cover to approximately a like degree.
7. A kit construction including a compartment forming bottom with an end wall and spaced side walls, the ends thereof remote from the end wall having semi-circular extensions, a telescoping cover hingedly connected thereto, the side walls thereof terminating in semi-circular extensions, a hinge connection therebetween including concentric partially cylindrical co-operating ends upon the bottom and the cover, the connection being constantly coaxial with the extensions, compartment forming means within the kit, a cover therefor independent of the kit cover and tiltable to lie adjacent the same in either of its extreme positions, and a latch and catch connection for securing the compartment cover in closed position, the same only being accessible when the kit cover is elevated.
8. A device as defined by claim 7, characterized by the cover supported partially cylindrical end being a proximately ninety degrees of curvature, t e free edge thereof engaging the bottom for limiting opening movement to approximately a like degree.
In witness whereof, I have hereunto afiixed my signature. JONAS D. BIGELOW.
|Citing Patent||Filing date||Publication date||Applicant||Title|
|US2539302 *||Oct 24, 1947||Jan 23, 1951||Fye Ronald L||Angler's tackle box|
|US2578692 *||Mar 9, 1948||Dec 18, 1951||Gieseler Russell W||Duplex covered mail and news box|
|US2578693 *||Mar 9, 1948||Dec 18, 1951||Gieseler Russell W||Combination mail and news box|
|US2656948 *||Mar 31, 1949||Oct 27, 1953||Gen Electric||Weatherproof enclosure for electrical devices|
|US2671427 *||May 23, 1950||Mar 9, 1954||Fell Martha E||Portable animal commode|
|US2792961 *||May 21, 1954||May 21, 1957||Gordon Samuel R||Tackle box|
|US3042192 *||Oct 12, 1960||Jul 3, 1962||Regent Paper Box Co||Bevel stop for jewel boxes and the like|
|US3151790 *||Aug 6, 1962||Oct 6, 1964||Gus H Mavrakis||Tackle box|
|US3232397 *||Nov 7, 1963||Feb 1, 1966||Hope Natural Gas Co||Card carrying case|
|US3314739 *||Feb 20, 1964||Apr 18, 1967||Rca Corp||Carrying case|
|US3977744 *||Feb 3, 1975||Aug 31, 1976||Dewitt F Carlos||Posse box report clip board|
|US4770327 *||Apr 2, 1987||Sep 13, 1988||Fortson Warren D||Portable fishing tackle box with optional lure arrangement features|
|US4819794 *||Feb 16, 1988||Apr 11, 1989||Light And Shadow, Inc.||Film spool storage case|
|US4890414 *||Apr 17, 1989||Jan 2, 1990||George Bridenthal||Boatside bait holder|
|US4978004 *||Jan 30, 1989||Dec 18, 1990||Light & Shadow Inc.||Film spool storage case|
|US5096056 *||Apr 3, 1991||Mar 17, 1992||Valentin Garcia||Memento box|
|US5715969 *||Mar 23, 1994||Feb 10, 1998||Ferrosan A/S||Container for health care product|
|US6105767 *||Aug 8, 1997||Aug 22, 2000||Maxtech, Inc.||Tool case with butterfly door|
|US6112442 *||Nov 12, 1998||Sep 5, 2000||Liang; Dennis||Structure of a gift box with amazing effects|
|US6385897 *||Jul 12, 2000||May 14, 2002||Brett M. Klabunde||Ice fishing case|
|US8678217 *||Jul 29, 2005||Mar 25, 2014||Lisa Frank, Inc.||Activity and storage case|
|US20070026764 *||Jul 29, 2005||Feb 1, 2007||Lisa Frank, Inc.||Activity and storage case|
|U.S. Classification||220/523, D03/904, 292/164, 206/315.11, 220/259.2, 220/324|