BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
1) Field of the Invention
The invention herein relates to a picture frame-type night lamp, specifically referring to a structure integrating a picture frame and a night lamp capable of both containing a picture and providing illumination at the appropriate time
2) Description of the Prior Art
Conventional picture frames and night lamps are typically placed at different places and, furthermore, they are products of completely different functions and are incapable of being structurally and spatially integrated; however, with the progress of the times, the consumer demand for product quality, function, and efficiency are becoming higher, but picture frames available on the market only provide for picture mounting and essentially no other utilization and, furthermore, conventional night lamps typically utilize tungsten filament light bulbs in sockets that are installed on walls; the said light bulbs have a short service life and must be replaced; moreover, if several people reside together in the same place, using such light bulbs affects the differing customary sleeping patterns.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE DRAWINGS
Therefore, the inventor of the invention herein in view of the said unsatisfactory drawbacks determined to effect improvements which, following continuous research and testing, culminated in the successful development of the invention herein, of which the brief description of the drawings below are followed by the detailed description of the invention herein.
FIG. 1 is an exploded drawing of the invention herein.
FIG. 2 is an isometric drawing of the assembled invention herein (with the effulgence guide plate 2 already illuminated).
FIG. 3 is a cross-sectional drawing of the invention herein.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION
FIG. 4 is an isometric drawing of another embodiment of the invention herein provided for reference purposes.
Referring to FIG. 1, FIG. 2, and FIG. 3, the picture frame-type night lamp of the invention herein consists of a translucent front panel 1 having installed at its bottom surface a frame-shaped effulgence guide plate 2 and a circuit board 3 and, furthermore, end covers 4 and 5 respectively disposed at its anterior and posterior extent such that the said end covers 4 and 5 can be correspondingly fastened and, furthermore, with a protective plate 6 and a foot stand 7 that are assembled to designated positions at the anterior and posterior extents of the translucent front panel 1; connected to an alternating current or a direct current power source, the said circuit board 3 causes the effulgence guide plate 2 to become illuminated and, furthermore, project light beams outward, with the light beams reflecting from the outer periphery of the translucent front panel 1 onto a picture 8 situated on the end cover 4 at the anterior extent, thereby constituting the picture frame-type lamp of the present invention (as shown in FIG. 4).
Referring again to FIG. 1, FIG. 2, and FIG. 3, the said translucent front panel 1 of the invention herein has installed at its bottom surface a frame-shaped effulgence guide plate 2 and a circuit board 3, of which the said circuit board 3 has an electronic circuit printed on its bottom surface and, furthermore, light emitting diodes 31 arrayed at intervals along its outer edges; the said effulgence guide plate 2 is positioned around the perimeter of the circuit board 3 and adhesively attached to its bottom surface is a reflective layer 22; given the said features, the effulgence guide plate 2 and the circuit board 3 are situated at the bottom surface of the translucent front panel 1 and as luminescence is generated by the light emitting diodes 31 on the circuit board 3, the light beams thereof are projected towards the effulgence guide plate 2, with the effulgence guide plate 2 and the reflective layer 22 diffusing the light beams from the luminescence onto the entire effulgence guide plate 2 to achieve an optimized illumination effect.
Referring to FIG. 4, the reference drawing of another embodiment of the invention herein, the said end cover 4 at the anterior extent is a mirroring surface that following assembly allows the present invention to function as a looking glass when the picture 8 is not contained.
In summation of the forgoing section, the invention herein has the following additional functions:
(1) The present invention provides for the mounting of graphic representations such as pictures and, therefore, is capable of functioning as a picture frame and, furthermore, during illumination in the evening, the light beams of the said effulgence guide plate 2 are reflected from the periphery of the translucent front panel 1 onto the picture 8 and, therefore, in addition to the night lamp function, the user can insert pictures of relatives, personal religious belief, or spiritual memorabilia that remain viewable in the darkness of night even without switching on lights, thereby providing the personal tranquillity of devotion or consolation to effectively enable the user to peacefully fall sleep.
(2) The invention herein utilizes light emitting diodes as an lumination source and since light emitting diodes have high luminosity, long service life, and low power consumption characteristics, they can be considered luminescent components that last virtually forever and, furthermore, their luminosity is moderate such that users can place the present invention in an appropriate area according to customary personal preference without inconveniencing other individuals.
(3) The invention herein is structurally simple and, furthermore, is higher in strength and solidity after assembly to prevent damage due to accidental dropping or impact.
(4) The invention herein utilizes either alternating current or direct current as a lighting power source, affording better utilization flexibility and convenience.
(5) As previously described, since the said light emitting diodes have the advantage of high luminosity, while not generating heat when providing light, when a picture is placed in the end cover at the anterior extent for long periods, the picture will not become deformed or curled and, therefore, the present invention has advantageous utilization reliability.