US 20020121000 A1
The battery charger (2) recharges the battery (1) when the electrical cord (7) is in use. The battery (1) supplies 12 volts of low voltage electricity to the DC/AC converter (3). The DC/AC converter (3) converts the 12-voltage electricity to a higher powered 115 volts electricity, which supplies the motor (6). The motor (6) turns a gear-driven generator (4), which supplies voltage to the battery charger (2) and recharges the battery (1). To help keep a longer charge in the battery (1), the power is controlled by a toggle switch (9) and relay (8), which disconnects the power supply.
1. An upright, full-size vacuum cleaner that utilizes a rechargeable battery in addition to the normal electrical cord.
2. A battery pack that recharges when the electrical cord is in use. The purpose of this invention is to eliminate the limitation of the electrical cord by offering a high-powered, battery driven vacuum cleaner that utilizes a normal High Voltage motor that equals the power of a cord vacuum cleaner (115V). This invention can also be used in commercial applications.
 This invention relates to vacuum cleaners in general, and, in particular, upright, full-sized vacuum cleaners. Current designs of full-size vacuum cleaners utilize a low voltage motor that requires an electrical cord as the primary energy source. These low voltage vacuum motors do not have enough charge to vacuum a complete house (2000 sq./ft.) and cannot be used for commercial applications, thus, requiring an electrical cord. Because of the necessity of the electrical cord, the user is very limited in vacuum surface by the length of the electrical cord.
 The advantages of this invention includes the following:
 1. Removes the limitation of the electrical cord by providing a battery pack as the primary energy source.
 2. Recharges battery pack when electrical cord is in use.
 3. DC battery ability to step up to AC voltage to supply motor.
 4. Ability to generate power to the battery charger to recharge the battery when electrical cord is in use.
 5. Saves time and money
 See Figure A
 1. Battery
 2. Battery Charger
 3. DC to AC Converter
 4. Gear Driven Generator
 5. Gears
 6. Motor
 7. Electrical Cord
 8. Relay
 9. Toggle Switch