US 20030038138 A1
A. Flipout Cooler's & Accessories is an invention that incorporates work surfaces, I.e., tables, cup holders, shelves or any combination thereof placed into or onto an “ice chest”/“cooler”.
B. The utility surfaces are recessed & conceled within the wall, and/or surface mounted into/onto the coolers exterior surface which when in a closed position and pulled along a controlled path to establish a work surface, the exterior work surfaces form table's, Shelves, preparation areas, work surfaces, drink holders shelf, etc.
1. I claim to have invented, designed and/or conceived of an “ice chest/cooler” having, in addition to a compartment for the cooling of items contained therein, one (1) or more tables, shelves, work surfaces and cup holder shelves in any combination and size which move from a closed position for rest either attached to, recessed into and/or contained within the vertical walls (sides) of the exterior to a point perpendicular thereto.
2. I claim to have invented, designed and/or conceived of a work surface, shelf and/or table which is moved outward and upward along a controlled path about a hinged point from a closed position of rest either attached to, recessed into and/or contained within the exterior vertical wall of the cooler compartment to a position perpendicular thereto.
3. I claim to have invented, designed and/or conceived of a work surface, shelf, cup holder shelf and/or table which is moved outward and downward along a controlled path about a hinged point from a closed position of rest either attached to, recessed into and/or contained within the exterior vertical wall of the cooler compartment to a position perpendicular thereto. The cup holder shelf may contain any number of telescoping holders.
4. I claim to have invented, designed and conceived of a telescoping cup holder as an integral component of a shelf attached to, recessed into and/or contained within the exterior wall of the cooler compartment which moves along a controlled path about a hinged point to a position of perpendicular and thus allowing for the cup holder device to telescope into an open position to receive and hold in place third party containers.
5. I claim to have invented, designed and/or conceived of a projection of approximately four (4) square inches in area with a project height of a horizontal plane of three-eighths inches therefore being an integral part of the bottom surface and located thereon near the four corners thereof for the purpose of fitting (mating) into a depression somewhat deeper in depth located on the top surface and somewhat larger in area to allow for the mating of vertically stacked coolers.
6. I claim to have invented and conceived of the word “flipout” to be used as a Trademark thereafter to be embossed onto, stamped into or projection molded on the surface of the cooler and/or any and all claims applied for in this application.
 There are no cross references or references to microfiche known to the inventor
 A. This invention incorporates work surfaces, i.e., tables, cup holders, shelves or any combination thereof, placed into or onto an “ice chest”/“cooler”.
 B. Such work surfaces can be a hinged apparatus which is recessed, concealed within the wall, and/or surface mounted into/onto the coolers exterior surface which when in a closed position and pulled along a controlled path to establish a surface perpendicular to the vertical surfaces of the cooler exterior to form a table, shelf, preparation area, work surface, drink holder shelf, etc.
 A. Drawing 100: Drawing 100 is an illustration of a cooler showing a combination of work surfaces, shelves, tables, and drink holder shelf which is extended into an open (useable) position from a recessed pocket on the exterior of several sides (vertical surfaces) of the cooler.
 B. Drawing 200: Drawing 200 is a view which shows a segmented disassociated work surface and the recess from which it extends and rests when closed. This work surface rotates about a pivot hinge upward from a closed vertical position.
 C. Drawing 300: Drawing 300 is a view which shows a segmented disassociated shelf and the recess from which it extends and rest when closed. This shelf rotates about a pivot hinge downwrad from a closed vertical position.
 D. Drawing 400: Drawing 400 is a detail view of the relationship of the pivot hinge to the cooler exterior surfaces and a view of the relationship of the path of travel control arm/locking device to the cooler wall.
 E. Drawing 500: Drawing 500 is a detail view of the telescoping cup holder and it's relationship to the cup holder shelf showing both the closed and open position. The cup holder shelf may have one or more cup holders, and may be of any length located on any exterior surface.
 F. Drawing 600. Drawing 600 is a detail view showing the relationship of the work surface closing keeper device to the cooler exterior. A drawing of the stack mating depression and project feature.
 G. Drawing 700: Drawing 700 shows the “trademark”.
 A. The limits of the patent or patents requested and to be granted herein extend to, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
 1. Any work surface, shelf, table, cup holder shelf which may be applied to the exterior surface of the “ice chest”/“cooler” whether that work surface be attached to the vertical surface or recessed into the vertical surface or extended from a pocket within the wall and/or projects perpendicular to the exterior wall of the ice chest/cooler.
 B. The inventor(s) contemplate the manufacture of coolers (ice chest) which incorporate the use of any or all of the claims of invention as set forth herein in any combination thereof.
 C. The inventor(s) recognize the ice chest/cooler as being known to the general public and available through manufacture and market to the general public. The inventor(s) claim as the “new” all work surfaces, shelves, cup holder shelves and/or tables which project from the exterior wall surfaces and which are more fully described and illustrated elsewhere within this application for patent.
 D. Material of Use: Any combination of polymers, resins, plasticizers, emulsions, metals, wood or wood compositions which when combined under controlled condition produce a hardened, rigid plasticized surface suitable for forming or molding into the approximate shapes delineated in the illustrations included and described herein.
 E. Usage: Any use of any one or combination of two or more in any size or shape and/or consisting of a design concept similar in scope and intent of a work surface, shelf, table or a cup holding apparatus which extends from the vertical exterior wall of an ice chest/cooler in a perpendicular must be used under a licensing agreement executed by the patentee named herein.