US 20050009430 A1
Furniture fabric is made by weaving plural single-ply warp and fill, plural two-ply twisted warps and fills, plural warps and fills mixed with single-ply and two-ply, or two-ply warps and fills in the number of proportion X to Y, having multiple structures, various colors, stronger supportive force to bear heavy weight, and superior strength tension. And the manufacturing method of yarn of the furniture fabric includes the first step of making single-ply yarn, and the second step of twisting plural-ply yarn of the same material or single-ply yarn of different material into two-way-twisted compound yarn for producing such a furniture fabric, and the third step of weaving warp and fill by using such a yarn into various kinds of furniture fabric.
1. A manufacturing method of yarn of furniture fabric, comprising:
making single-ply twisted yarn in a right or a left direction with a single-ply yarn by means of twisting equipment; and,
making the two-way-twisted compound yarn with two or more of said single-ply twisted yarn by means of compound twisting equipment, obtaining said the two-way-twisted compound yarn for furniture fabric.
2. The manufacturing method of yarn of furniture fabric as claimed in
3. The manufacturing method of yarn of furniture fabric as claimed in
4. The manufacturing method of yarn of furniture fabric as claimed in
5. The manufacturing method of yarn of furniture fabric as claimed in
6. The manufacturing method of yarn of furniture fabric as claimed in
7. A furniture fabric woven with warp and fill, wherein said warp and said fill are made of compound twisted yarn or a compound woven yarn.
8. A furniture fabric woven with warp and fill, wherein said warp and said fill are made of single-ply yarn and two-way-twisted compound yarn or of a single-ply yarn and a compound woven yarn.
9. A furniture fabric woven with warp and fill, wherein said warp and said fill are both woven with single-ply yarn, two-way-twisted compound yarn and compound woven yarn.
10. A furniture fabric woven with warp and fill wherein said warp and said fill are both woven with parallelly merged yarn.
This invention relates to furniture fabric and a manufacturing method of yarn of the furniture fabric, particularly to one made of compound yarns produced by a new method, which allows colorful designs, better tension strength, good supporting force to bear heavy weight, and with variously modified surface of PVC to augment comfortable feeling.
As disclosed in the U.S. Pat. No. 4,996,100 titled “Fabric of mixed yarns” which is utilized in indoor and outdoor couches or furniture, almost applies the fabric interwoven of single-ply hard yarn with single-ply soft yarn. The soft yarn is made of acrylic fiber, polypropylene yarn, polyethylene and polyester, and the hard yarn is made of polyvinyl-chloride.
The above-mentioned woven fabric is made of single-ply warp and fill, and such a fabric made of single-ply warp and fill has the following disadvantages.
1. Fabric made of single-ply hard yarn mixed with single-ply soft warp and fill is less easily stained, but is not able to sustain heavy weight.
Fabric made of all soft single-ply warp and fill has enough softness, but limited variety of color and is void of good tension strength.
The purpose of the invention is to offer a new furniture fabric which provides superior supportive force for heavy weight and tension strength and still good softness, and a manufacturing method of such furniture fabric.
The features of the invention are described as below:
1. The twisting technique of the furniture fabric in this invention is performed according to the physical principle that twisting with positive and negative force thus can prevent the flaw of curling and tangling of common yarn after twisting. The first step of making such yarn is to twist material into single-ply yarn, and the second step is to twist two or more single-ply yarns of the same or the different material into compound plural-ply yarn, therefore can overcome a drawback of common yarn that thermal shaping is mandatory prior to weaving.
2. The furniture fabric is woven, in a certain ratio, of compound yarns twisted by single-ply warp and fill.
3. The furniture fabric is made, by weaving either the compound yarns twisted by double-ply warp and fill in both ways, or that twisted by single-ply warp and fill with double-ply warp and fill, or that twisted by single-ply warp and fill with the compound woven warp and fill, or the parallelly merged yarns according to preset ratios, which enables to have good variety of colors, better supportive force for heavy weight, and stronger tension strength.
This invention will be better understood by referring to the accompanying illustrative drawings, wherein:
The first embodiment of the manufacturing method of the furniture fabric in the present invention, as shown in
The second step, as shown in
The two-way-twisted compound yarn 2 made by following the first and the second steps mentioned above have the following advantages. When the two-way-twisted compound yarn 2, which as the second step stated, is made of a plurality of single-ply twisted by yarns 10 processed from single-ply twisted yarn, it keeps the nature of not liable to curl up linearly, or to disfigure in its shape, and moreover, with each single-ply twisted yarn 10 tightly connected with each other, not separable at random thus able to maintain the best physical condition for being benefitial to weaving.
1. The color of the fabric can be various to permit the pattern design more freely.
2. The tension strength is much stronger owing to the two-way-twisted compound yarn.
3. The furniture fabric is able to bear heavier weight because both warp and fill of the fabric are made of two-way-twisted compound yarn 2, thus the ability of bearing heavy weight is more outstanding.
The various furniture fabrics in the invention have been described along with their advantages, yet when it comes to real practice, the proportion of the single yarn 1, the two-way-twisted compound yarn 2, compound woven yarn 5, or compound parallelly merged yarn 6 can be adjusted with a view to optimizing the desired color, the required tension strength, the needed softness, and the wanted supportive force to bear heavy weight as well.
While the preferred embodiments of the invention have been described above, it will be recognized and understood that adequate modifications may be applied therein and the appendant claims are of the intention to cover all such modifications that may fall within the spirit and scope of the invention.