- BACKGROUND ART
The present invention relates to a container/bottle cap/lid top incorporating a specially designed, built in compartment to safely and hygienically hold and store substances, including both compounds and liquids, that can be added to the contents of the container/bottle when required.
A number of patents have here been issued for containers having caps providing compartments which facilitate the storage of a substance for mixture with a main body of material within a container.
WO 98/00348A (Gartner etal) discloses a closure cup with a compartment for the storage of a substance having a repturable membrane upon opening.
WO 99/47428A (Aptargroup Inc.) discloses a flip lid closure cap with compartment and a frangible membrane breakable by piercing protected by a tamper-evident band and closure cap screwed onto a container.
U.S. Pat. Nos. 5,692,644, 5,277,303, 6,076,570, 5,029,718, 4,785,931 and 5,909,753 describe further examples of caps for containers which temporarily store substances for mixture with a main body substance within a container.
All of the above patents are based on the concept of a piercable membrane the breakage of which faclitates the mixture of materials within a storage area within a cap with a main body of material within a container. As a result the moulding required to produce the caps is complex and expensive. The caps are not re-usable.
It has become common knowledge that there are large problems in the dispensing of medicines resulting in the inadvertent ingestion of incorrect medications resulting in serious harm or inconvenience to patients and an apparent need for more accurate and personalised system for dispensing medications.
It is an object of the present invention to provide a container which can safely store substances for subsequent nature or consumption with the contents of the container.
- DISCLOSURE OF INVENTION
Further objects and advantages of the present invention become apparent from the ensuing description which is given by way of example relating to a purposeful and useful container/bottle, cap/lid top design that incorporates a special, securable, storage/holding compartment, that is ideally designed into the superior surface of the cap/lid top of the container/bottle.
According to the present invention there is provided;
- a. a closure cap for a liquid container for storing a substance for mixing with a body of fluid material within the container the closure cap comprising;
- b. a primary member including an internally threaded skirt for engagement with a threaded neck of a storage container,
- c. a storage container associated with or co-operative with the primary member said storage container providing a non-piercable compartment for the storage of a substance for mixture or consumption liquid within the container, and
The closure means can be associated with the primary member and /or the storage container for closing off the storage container.
The primary member can be a cap having an internally threaded peripheral skirt and the closure means is provided by the top wall of the cap.
The storage container can be a tub-like member having an upper peripheral flowage which is secured by the primary member at the opening to the container.
The storage container with closure means can be fitted to the primary member.
The closure means can be a flip cap.
The closure means can be a screw cap.
The primary member storage container and closure means can be integrally formed.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF DRAWINGS
The primary member and container can be integrally formed and adapted for attachment to the storage container
Aspects of the present invention will now be described with reference to the accompanying drawings in which;
FIGS. 1 a, 1 b, 1 c show one form of closure cap according to the present invention, and,
FIGS. 2 a, 2 b, 2 c show another form of closure cap according to a further aspect of the present invention, and,
FIGS. 3 a. 3 b. 3 c show another form of closure cap according to a further aspect of the present invention, and,
FIGS. 4 a, 4 b, 4 c show another form of closure cap according to the present invention, and,
FIGS. 5 a, 5 b, 5 c show another form of closure cap according to the present invention.
FIGS. 6 a to 6 c of the drawings show another form of closure cap according to the present invention.
With respect to the drawings, the present invention is based on the provision of three structural elements, namely,
- a. a primary member attachable to a container,
- b. a storage container,
- c. a closure means, for closing off the storage container.
Elements (a), (b) and (c) as stated in the disclosure of invention are indicated by arrows 1, 2, and 3 in the ensuing description, with supplementary description of variations between alternative concepts within the scope of the present invention.
With respect to FIGS. 1 a
to 6 c
of the drawings the following elements are common to all illustrations;
- 1. A primary member generally illustrated by arrow 1,
- 2. A storage container generally indicated by arrow 2,
- 3. Closure means generally indicated by arrow 3.
With respect to FIGS. 1 a to 1 c of the drawings the primary member 1, locks a tub-like storage container 2, on the threaded neck 4 of a container 5.
In accordance with the present invention a substance 6 for mixture with a main body of liquid within the container 5 is secured within the storage container 2.
With respect to FIG. 2 a to 2 c of the drawings a primary member 1 is mounted on the threaded neck of a container 5.
The primary member 1 is provided a snap-on or threaded container 7 with a flip top cap 8 facilitating the storage of a substance 6 for admixture with a main body of liquid within the container 5.
With respect to FIGS. to FIGS. 3 a to 3 c of the drawings in another variation of the present invention a container 5 is provided with a primary member 1 engagable with threaded neck 4 of a container 5. In this case the closure member 3 is a snap fit on the primary member 1 and or add-mixture substance 6 stored within a compartment 2 created by the closure 3 and the member 1.
With respect to FIGS. 4 a to 4 c of the drawings, this embodiment of the present invention is very similar to that of the previously described embodiment of FIGS. 3 to 3 c except that the closure 3 is a flip-top cap 8 as is well known in the art.
With respect to FIGS. 5 a to 5 c of the drawings in another embodiment of the present invention the primary member 1 embodies a storage container 2 and the closure member 3 is a flip-top cap 8. The admixture or substance 6 is stored within the container 2.
With respect to FIGS. 6 a to 6 c of the drawings, the same basic elements are provided as in the previously described embodiments. In this case the primary member 1 provides the storage container 2 and the structure is improved by the addition of a tamper-evident cap 9 and seal 10 (usually wrapped in a plastic sleeve-not shown).
This invention has unlimited practical commercial uses in a very wide cross section of markets. The examples which follow are to help describe the invention and some useful applications, but its uses are by no means limited to these.
- a) Retail use: therapeutic/personal health, this invention could be retailed through outlets, from supermarkets to small corner stores, with the bottle holding spring water and the storage compartment holding sealed analgesic/antacid/vitamin/health tablet, or other.
- b) Therefore the consumer can buy this product as one purchase which will be economical hygienic and very convenient.
- c) This invention therefore allows a very simple, cheap and convenient product which will be of use to almost every person Statistics suggest that almost all people would make use of this invention and many on a regular basis.
- d) The reusable use: this invention with the reusable material which can be microwaved, frozen and/or sterilised etc. could be used safely, hygienically and conveniently administer medications/therapeutics to all ages, with a prescribed mixture, on a predetermined regular basis, independent of the local or changing environment.
This invention has unlimited beneficial uses in both of the one off and the reusable models, in a very wide cross-section of markets.
Aspects of the present invention have been described by way of example only and modification and addition thereto may be made without departing from the scope thereof as defined in the appended claims.