|Publication number||US20060201978 A9|
|Application number||US 10/655,462|
|Publication date||Sep 14, 2006|
|Filing date||Sep 15, 2005|
|Priority date||Sep 15, 2005|
|Also published as||US20060113339|
|Publication number||10655462, 655462, US 2006/0201978 A9, US 2006/201978 A9, US 20060201978 A9, US 20060201978A9, US 2006201978 A9, US 2006201978A9, US-A9-20060201978, US-A9-2006201978, US2006/0201978A9, US2006/201978A9, US20060201978 A9, US20060201978A9, US2006201978 A9, US2006201978A9|
|Original Assignee||Nichols Wayne Sr|
|Export Citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|Referenced by (3), Classifications (9) |
|External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet|
Cell phone arm wonder pouch
US 20060201978 A9
The Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch moves beyond current cell phone belt clips and holsters. The Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch can be worn on the arm or calf, over and under clothes. All cell phone users can wear the soft vinyl pouch with clear view plastic window and elastic cuff.
1. What I claim as my invention is the Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch which will provide a new style of security, ease of access and portability to cell phone users.
CROSS REFERENCE TO RELATED APPLICATIONS
STATEMENT REGARDING FEDERALLY SPONSORED RESEARCH OR DEVELOPMENT
REFERENCE TO A MICROFICHE APPENDIX
BACKGROUND OF THE INVENTION
The Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch is related to the field of endeavor of container/holster devices for cell phones. Current technology known to me involving these devices led me to the conclusion that cell phones on belt holsters and clips were difficult to access if the person was involved in an active situation (for example hunting, exercising or carrying packages). I interviewed several people and observed others as they used their cell phones on clips and holsters. As a result of my research, I created The Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch design of an elastic band with a pouch that can be worn on the arm, calf, over and under clothes.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF THE INVENTION
The Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch is designed for those cell phone users who have difficulty accessing their cell phones because the phones are deep in pockets and purses or hard to reach on belt clips. The Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch is designed to fit the upper arm or calf of any user. An elastic strap is securely attached to the pouch, which has a clear window that allows the user to view the keypad and cell phone screen. The Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch has a fold over secure closure after the phone is inserted into the pouch. Where ever you go the Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch goes with you. You can wear the Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch over or under your clothing. When you are not using your phone, the Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch is great for discreetly carrying identification, money and other personal items.
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE SEVERAL VIEWS OF THE DRAWING
FIG. 1 on page _____ of the specifications show the front view of the Cell Phone Arm Wonder Patch with the flap closure down. The drawing is not to scale and is a presentation of the measurements of the pouch.
FIG. 2 on the same page shows the back view of the Cell Phone Arm Wonder Patch with the closure flap in the up position. The drawing also illustrates the elastic band that is worn on the arm or calf.
FIG. 3 on page ______ of the specifications is an expanded view of the Cell Phone Wonder Pouch from the top. The drawing is not to scale but is a presentation of the measurements of the pouch.
FIG. 4 on the same page is a bottom view of the Cell Phone Wonder Pouch. The drawing depicts the arch of the elastic band. When secured to the pouch the band creates a loop, which has a diameter of 3 inches. This loop is worn on the arm. It is expandable to a radius of 6 inches. The length of the elastic can be increased to accommodate arms or calves that may be outside the average size (for example—body builders)
FIG. 5 on the same page is a side view of the Cell Phone Arm Wonder Patch with the flap closed. With no phone inserted the flattened pouch is approximately ⅝ths of an inch deep. The soft pouch is flexible and pliable enough to expand and hold material with a thickness of 2 inches.
DETAILED DESCRIPTION OF THE INVENTION
The Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch in its making differs from other metal and plastic clip type cell phone holders can break and can be awkward and uncomfortable to wear. The Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch is a soft enclosed pouch that is cut from vinyl fabric and a heavy weight plastic for the pouch window. There are no metal or machined plastic parts to the device. The Cell Phone Arm Wonder Pouch assembly begins with a machine cut fabric pattern and a length of elastic fabric. The three pieces of the device; pouch, pouch window and elastic fabric are hand assembled and connected together by use of a sewing machine with a strong thread gauge.
Construction Details of Cell Phone Wonder Pouch
- Pouch Cut 1 -4″×14″ strip of colored vinyl
- Window Cut 1 -2½″×2½″ rectangle of clear vinyl
- Elastic Band Cut 1 -3×7″ piece of wide elastic
- Closure Cut 1″ pieces of sew-in narrow width Velcro (1 hook, 1 loop)
- 1. Transfer all pattern marks to wrong side of colored vinyl strip.
- 2. Cut out and trim all areas specified on the pattern. Trim colored vinyl to same size and shape of pattern. Refer to FIG. 3 on specifications page ______
- 3. Stitch window area A1—Refer to FIG. 3 on specifications page ______
- a. With wrong side up, fold excess colored vinyl in the window area back to each corners and pin in place.
- b. Cover window area with the clear vinyl rectangle, making sure to completely cover the opening and leaving equal allowance on all sides. Stitch in place with heavy gauge thread.
- 4. Stitch the ends—Section A and C
- With vinyl wrong side up, fold over ¼″ of vinyl on each end. Secure in place with stickpins stitch within ⅛th from the edge on each end.
- Turn fabric right side up. Cut a 1×1½″ loop side of Velcro strip, place the strip 1½″ from the sides of section A and within ⅛″ from the folded edge of the vinyl. Stitch around the Velcro strip to secure in place.
- 5. Center Panel and Elastic Band Section B
- With right side up, center the elastic band within section B and pin the edge of the elastic band to the tinder side of section B. Repeat on the opposite side with the other end of the elastic. The elastic band should form a loop. Stitch the loop to the vinyl on each side.
- 6. Fold and stitch
- With vinyl wrong side down fold section A to section B (5″ from the edge of section A). The pouch will be inside out. Stitch along the ¼ seam allowance on each side. Turn the pouch to the right side out.
- 7. Creating the flap closure
- The window, elastic band and open loop Velcro assembled and sections A & B folded to 31/2×5,″ the flap closure can be assembled.
- With the vinyl right side face down, fold the edge of section C by 2″. Stitch along the sides with a ¼seam allowance. Leave the bottom of the flap open. The flap is inside out. Turn the flap right side out.
- 8. Add the Velcro closed loop. With the flap created and folded over, the Velcro closed loop will need to be added. It must be matched with the open loop Velcro in section A. Center the Velcro strip ½′ from the sides and ¼″ from the folded edge of section C. Stitch around all sides of the Velcro. Fold over flap section C to match with Velcro section A.
|Citing Patent||Filing date||Publication date||Applicant||Title|
|US8279589 *||Feb 1, 2010||Oct 2, 2012||Christine Hana Kim||Apparatus and method for data entry from a removable portable device cover|
|US20110188176 *||Feb 1, 2010||Aug 4, 2011||Christine Hana Kim||Apparatus and method for data entry from a removable portable device cover|
|US20140333542 *||May 10, 2013||Nov 13, 2014||Research In Motion Limited||Carrying case used with a portable electronic device|