US 20090181830 A1
A fitness treadmill consists mainly of a base, two sliding rail sets and two stepping boards; each of the rail set is formed by two rails in symmetrical shape; each rail has an upper rail strip assembled on the lower rail strip and the upper and lower rail strips are implemented with one or more than one guiding section based on the stepping board moving method; whereas the two stepping boards are respectively installed with front rollers and rear rollers on the two sides for each of the stepping board set to be assembled to each sliding rail set so that the rear rollers are pressed against the upper rail strip and the front rollers are pressed against the lower rail strip for the front and rear rollers to roll along the upper and lower rails and guiding section.
1. A fitness treadmill with characteristics comprising a base, two sliding rail set, and two stepping boards, wherein:
a base, which is the assembly for stabilizing treadmill and providing two sliding rail set installed on its top;
two sliding rail set, where in each sliding rail consists of two rail in symmetrical shape; each rail consists of an upper rail assembled on the lower rail, with a gap formed between the upper and lower rails; said upper rail is bent with one or more than one guiding section for guiding stepping board sliding angle; said lower rail is also bent with one or more than one guiding section for guiding stepping board sliding angle; with this the two rails constitute a symmetrical rail set for the two rail set to be assembled on the base;
two stepping board, wherein each is a board installed with two front roller and two rear roller; the two stepping boards are assembled on the two sliding rail set so that the two rear roller pressed against on the upper rail strip forming connection, whereas the two front rollers pressed against the lower rail strip forming connection; the front and rear rollers could roll on the respective upper and lower rail strips for each stepping board to generate variations in angle during sliding movement.
2. The fitness treadmill claimed in 1, wherein the said base consists of a front base and a rear base; the front base constitutes a lateral strip; the each of two sides of the lateral strip is installed with a pivoting board; the inner side of each pivoting board and the center of the lateral strip is installed with a rail strip fixture which allows the upper rail connects to the front of the lower rail. And the rear base also constitutes with a lateral strip; the lateral strip is installed with several protruding plates for the upper trail strip to connect to the rear end of the lower trail strip.
3. The fitness treadmill claimed in 2, wherein the back of the lateral strip of the said front base is installed with two pulley seats corresponding to two stepping boards; each pulley seat is installed with a vertical pulley and horizontal pulley. And a piece of rope is installed through the two pulley seats between the vertical and horizontal pulleys so that the two free ends of the pulling rope extends to each stepping board for connection.
4. The fitness treadmill claimed in 2, wherein the said rail strip fixture is in plate shape and forming U-shape fixing section at the top as the fixing part for the connection of upper rail strip and lower rail strip.
5. The fitness treadmill claimed in 1, wherein the shape of the guiding section of the said upper rail is to extend the front section of the upper rail strip forming a curve shape at the top, and the foremost end extends downward and bent into guiding section in V-shape, whereas the rear end of the upper rail strip is extending horizontally.
6. The fitness treadmill claimed in 1, wherein the guiding section of the said lower trail strip is the front section of the lower rail strip extending upward in curve shape.
7. The fitness treadmill claimed in 1, wherein the said upper rail is installed with the first guiding section and the second guiding section; the shape of the first guiding section is to bend the front section of the upper rail strip upward in curve shape whereas the shape of the second guiding section is to bend the rear section of the upper rail strip upward in curve shape.
8. The fitness treadmill claimed in 1, wherein the front section of the said lower rail is installed with a front stopping part that uses the front and back stopping-parts as the stopping point for the roller's movement.
9. The fitness treadmill claimed in 1, wherein the bottom of each of the said stepping board is installed with a hooking strip for hooking the bottom of the lower rail strip.
10. The fitness treadmill claimed in 1, wherein the two front rollers and the two rear rollers respectively are connected with an axis for the connection of axis and stepping board to form rotating state.
11. The fitness treadmill claimed in 1, wherein the two handrails can be installed; each handrail can be made of steel pipe comprising a holding section at the bending part of the upper section and a pivoting section near the bottom end so that the pivoting sections of the two handrails connect to the pivoting boards on the two sides of the front base to become rotating form, and near the pivoting section a fast rotating fixture is installed for the handrail to be fixed at proper angle; and between the selected locations of the symmetrical parts of the two handrails a lateral rod is connected; the body of the lateral rod is installed with two pivoting seats for connecting to the rocking pole described below.
12. The fitness treadmill claimed in 1, wherein two rocking poles are installed; each of the rocking poles is long pole of steel pipe or other pipe material; the body of the rocking pole is installed with a pivoting part for the pivoting part to connect to the pivoting seat of the above stated lateral rod to form swinging state; the upper section of the rocking pole is a holding section, whereas near the bottom end of each is installed with a metallic pulling strip for one end of the pulling strip to pivot to the rocking pole and the other end pivot to the bottom of the stepping board will cause the two rocking poles and the two stepping boards to move jointly. When the hand is holding the holding section of rocking pole and the foot is stepping on the board for sliding movement, the arm swinging effect during running can be achieved.
(a) Field of the Invention
The present invention is related to a fitness treadmill, particularly a fitness treadmill structure design with special dual rail and stepping board structure.
(b) Description of the Prior Art
The structural features of conventional treadmill is to install two pieces of movable stepping boards on the machine, allowing user to perform exercises similar to running and jogging while avoiding the vibration caused by impinge and resulting in burden to joints. However, there are several ways to drive the direction, height, or angle of the stepping boards. Some install weight distribution wheel at chosen place, and linking cranks are installed on both sides of the weight distribution wheel. The stepping boards are then connected to the cranks and hence could cause feet exercise alternatively. Others install a bobbing rod on both sides of the erecting pole of the machine. The stepping boards are respectively pivoted at the bottom of the bobbing pole. Hence when stepping on the stepping boards the legs could exercise due to the swinging motion. Still there is a treadmill install a curved single rail before assembling the stepping boards on the rail presenting sliding motion so that user could step on it and exercises.
The above mentioned many treadmills of different kinds of structures. Their common problem is in that user cannot perform running exercise, particularly the sing curved rail and the swinging exercise structures that can only allow user to swing the leg. The muscles on the feet and legs could not exert force and therefore hard to achieve the effect of real exercise. Whereas the treadmill installed with weight distribution wheel has complicated structure that is not only difficult to store away but also costs dearly.
The purpose of the present invention is to provide a fitness treadmill that makes use the upper rail, lower rail, and stepping board assembled to the upper and lower rails design so as to allow stepping board perform to and fro rail with action similar to running in order to achieve the result of really exercising both feet as well as avoiding the sport injury of knee burden. And with the upper and lower rails design it is possible to alter the shape of the rails as desired to achieve different exercise result.
The secondary purpose of the present invention is to provide a fitness treadmill design that is installed with two handrails for user to hold on and keep the body balanced. The two said handrails are connected to the two sides of the base; each handrail is installed with a holding section for holding purpose, and a lateral bar is connected in between the two handrails.
The other purpose of the present invention is to provide a fitness treadmill design that could install two rocking rods on the treadmill. The two said rocking rods are long rods that are pivoted at selected places on the lateral bar between the two handrails. A pulling strip is installed at the bottom of each rocking rod so that one end of the pulling strip is pivoted to the rocking rod and the other end is pivoted to the stepping board. In other words, the two rocking rods and the two stepping boards are jointly connected so that when the hands are holding the rocking rods the effect of swinging both arms while running can be achieved.
As shown in
As shown in
As shown in
With the above structural characteristic design of base 1, sliding rail set 2, stepping board 3, handrail 4, and rocking pole stated above, particularly the structure of the said two sliding rail set 2 and stepping board, the fitness treadmill of the present invention is created, allowing user to engage in the indoor running exercise. As the sole of the foot palm is always in contact with the stepping board 3 when using the present invention, unlike the conventional treadmill where the foot might knock against the track, therefore the burden of the knee and ankle joint could be avoided and the sport injury can be prevented. In particular, each sliding rail 21 of the two sliding rail set 2 of the present invention consists of an upper rail strip 211 and a lower rail strip 212. Therefore, the design of the present invention is not only in the light and simple structure and relatively more economic in manufacturing cost but also in bent-knee stepping exercise that could further manifest the performance of fitness exercise. More over, as the rocking pole of the present invention can be pivoted to the lateral bar 44 and the lateral bar 44 can be connected to handrail. The said handrail 4 adopts the method of pivot connection to the front base 11 close to the bottom, hence after loosening of fast rotating fixture 43 the two handrail 4 and the two rocking pole 5 could be folded back (as shown in
In addition, the characteristic of the present invention is in that the structure of the said two sliding rail set 2 and the structure of stepping board 3 and assembly style design. However, the embodiment is not limited to the above examples and could also change its shape according to the need of the exercise, etc. As shown in