US 835846 A
Description (OCR text may contain errors)
PATBNTED NOV. 13, 1906.
A. L'. BLALbQK.
. jhzzzfllfizlm w 3 INVENTOR- A TTORNE 1 5 UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
Specification of Letters Patent.
Patented Nov. 1 a, 1906.
Application filed August 7, 1906. Serial No. 329.575.
1'0 (ti/ whom it may concern.-
Be it known that I, ALoNzo Lv BLALooK, a citizen of the United States, residing at Madison, in the county of Madison and State of Florida, have invented a new and useful Churn, of which the following is a specification.
This invention has relation to churns and it consists in the novel construction and arrangement of its parts, as hereinafter shown and described.
The object of the invention is to provide a churn mechanism which is adapted to support a series or plurality of cream-containing vessels in such manner as to revolve and rotate the same simultaneously The apparatus comprises a simple and cheap construction which may be easily and readily applied to a table or other supporting article of furniture and when not in use may be easily and readily removed from the same.
In the drawings, Figure 1 is a side elevation of the churn. Fig. 2 is an edge elevation of the same with parts in section. Fig. 3 is a detail view of the frame-clamp.
The frame 1 is provided at its middle with a flange 2 and the oppositely-disposed spaced lug 3, through which the set-screw 4 passes.
The edge of a table or other supporting article of furniture may be inserted in the space between the flange 2 and lug 3, and the said frame 1 may be temporarily fixed with relation to the table by tightening the setscrew 4. The outer edge of the said frame 1 is provided with the beveled annular flange 5, the beveled surface of which constitutes a track. The shaft 7 extends laterally from the said frame 1, and upon the said shaft is mounted for rotation a yoke 8. Said yoke 8 is provided with the oppositely-extending bifurcated ends 9'9 and is provided on its outer edge with a crank-handle 10.
The harness 11 is mounted for revolution between the bifurcations of the ends 9 9. The disks 12 are attached to the shafts 13 of the said harness and are provided at their peripheries with the rubber or flexible tires 14, which are adapted to engage and run upon the beveled surface of the flange 5 of the frame 1. Each harness 11 is provided at i one end with a movable block 15, which is provided with a set-screw 16, and each harness is adapted to contain a jar or other vessel 17, which in turn contains the cream. By adjusting the set-screw 16 to move the block 15 up against the jar 17 the said jar is securely held in place in its respective harness 11.
The operation of the device is as follows: The frame 1 having been secured in operative position, the receptacles 17 containing the cream are secured one in each harness 11. The operator then revolves the yoke 8 on the shaft 7 by means of the crank-handle 10, and at the same time the tire 14 of the disks 12 engaging the beveled surface of the flange 5 revolves the shafts 13 and the harness 1.1. Consequently the said receptacles 17 are simultaneously revolved and rotated, which facilitates the agitation of the contents of said receptacles and promotes the operation of liberating the globules of butter from their cells.
Having described my invention, what I claim as new, and desire to secure byLetters Patent, is
1. A churn comprising a receptacle mounted for rotation and revolution in the same plane.
2. A churn comprising a series of receptacles and means common to all to rotate and revolve the same in the same plane.
3. A churn comprising a frame having an annular flange constituting a track, a yoke revolubly mounted with relation to the frame and having at its extended ends harness revolubly mounted, disks attached to the shafts of said harness and engaging the flange of said frame.
4. A churn comprising a frame having at one side a clamp mechanism and at its other side an annular flange, a yoke revolubly mounted with relation to the said frame, harness revolubly mounted at the ends of said yoke, each harness having a clamp mechanism adapted to engage and retain a receptacle, a disk attached to the shaft of each harness and engaging the flange of said 1 frame.
5. A churn comprising a frame having an In testimony that I claim the foregoing annular beveled flange, a yoke revolubly as my own I have hereto aflixed my signa- 10 mounted with relation to said frame and ture in the presence of tWo Witnesses.
having at its ends revoluble receptacle-harness, a disk attached to the shaft of each har- ALONZO BLALOOK' ness and having at their peripheries friction- Witnesses:
tires which engage the beveled surface of the L. H. PATTERSON, Jr.,
said flange. N. E. EDMoNDsoN.