|Publication number||USD8713 S|
|Publication date||Oct 11, 1875|
|Filing date||Jul 24, 1875|
|Publication number||US D8713 S, US D8713S, US-S-D8713, USD8713 S, USD8713S|
|Export Citation||BiBTeX, EndNote, RefMan|
|External Links: USPTO, USPTO Assignment, Espacenet|
023-2e1 EX ,7
D7463 0P n 8.715
W'ILLIAM TVVEEDDALE, OF BROOKLYN, NEW YORK.
DESIGN FOR A FOUNTAIN.
Design No. 8.713. dated October 11, 1875 WILLIAM TWEEDDALE. Witnesses:
A. H. GETTING, ALFD. MOSFORD.
UNITED STATES PATENT OFFICE.
VVILLIAllI T\VEEI)I)ALE, OF BROOKLYN, NEW YORK.
DESiGN FOR A FOUNTAIN.
S ecification forming part of Design No. 8.713. dated October 11, L575; application tiled July 24, 1875. [Term of Patent. 14 years] To all whom it may concern:
Be it known that 1, WILLIAM TWEEDDALE, of Brooklyn, in the county of Kings and State of New York, have invented n. new and original Design for a Fountain, of which the following is a. specification:
The nature of my design is fully represented in the accompanying print of n wood-engraving', to which reference is made.
Above the upper bowl A is a center-piece, formed of the leaves B C, bearing: the flowershaped top I) and jetpiece E. The edge o the basin is ornamented with leaf-points 1 and J, and the under side with the leaves ll, scrolls I, flowers G, bend K, shields L, and flowers M. The column which supports the upper basin has stays or braces N, having: leaf-ornamentation U and (2; also, the scales It on the face and liowenshaped side ornmnents I and between these braces the snrt'nce is ornamented with the double-pointed raised figures S, T, and U. The principal basin has the border of the top ornamented with the leaves V, oval figures W, and the figures X. The under side of the basin has the leaves Y Z, lyreshaped figures a, b, and d, and the oval bosses e. The standard for the lower basin has a. polygonal base in two vertical sections,f, and two tapered sections, 9 h, surmounted by a circular top, 1', and ornamented by the pointsj and beads k. Above the base it is tinted, and
has the leaves 1, oval bosses m n, and curved ribs 19; and above the fluted portion it has shields 7", plain ribs s, and a. bead-molding, t. The pedestal has the paneled figure A, 'uordered by the ornamental corner posts 0, beaded top molding D, and base-molding E on some of its sides, and other sides have the scroll -braoket F, ornamented by the figureheud G, rosette 11, leaves I and J, and the figures K.
I claim as a design tor fountnins- 1. The (-enterpieee of leaves B (J, and flowers I) If) in the upper bowl, as set forth.
2. The. border ornamentation F J of the upper basin, as set forth.
3. The side orinnnentation II, I, G. K, and L of the upper basin, as set forth.
I. The lentornamentation O and Q, also the scales R and the side ornaments P of the braces N, as set forth.
5. The dtnlble-pointed raised figures 5, 'I, and U, for the standard ornaments, as set forth.
ti. The border ornaments Y, W, and X of the lower basin, us set forth.
7. The leaves Y Z, lyre-slmped figures a, I), and d. and the oval bosses e, for the side ornamentation of the lower base, as set; forth.
8. The polygonal base of vertical sections f, tapered sections g It, and circular top 2', as
9. The fluted standard ornamented with leaves 1, oval bosses in it, and curved ribs 1), as set forth.
10. The shields r, plain ribs 8, and bead molding t, for the top of the bowl-standard, as set forth.
11. The paneled figure A in the pedestal, bordered by the ornamental corner-posts U, beaded top molding D, and base-molding E, as set forth.
12. The scroll-brackets F, ornamented with the tigurehead G, rosette H, leaves I and J, and the figures K, as set forth.
A. H. GETTING, ALFD. MOSFORD.