When a prediction is made between fields with different parity, the predicative efficiency of a chrominance vector is improved by adaptively switching the generation of a chrominance motion vector depending on a encoding/decoding field parity (top/bottom) and a reference field parity (top/bottom), and the coding efficiency is improved accordingly.
|US5604539||Sep 28, 1995||Feb 18, 1997||Canon Kabushiki Kaisha||Image processing method and apparatus|
|US5905542||Dec 4, 1996||May 18, 1999||C-Cube Microsystems, Inc.||Simplified dual prime video motion estimation|
|US6108039||Dec 31, 1997||Aug 22, 2000||C-Cube Microsystems, Inc.||Low bandwidth, two-candidate motion estimation for interlaced video|
|US6310919||Sep 25, 1998||Oct 30, 2001||Sarnoff Corporation||Method and apparatus for adaptively scaling motion vector information in an information stream decoder|
|US6501799||Aug 4, 1998||Dec 31, 2002||LSI Logic Corporation||Dual-prime motion estimation engine|
|US6519005||Apr 30, 1999||Feb 11, 2003||Koninklijke Philips Electronics N.V.||Method of concurrent multiple-mode motion estimation for digital video|
|US6940557||Feb 8, 2002||Sep 6, 2005||Micronas Semiconductors, Inc.||Adaptive interlace-to-progressive scan conversion algorithm|
|US20050111550||Dec 30, 2004||Macroblock level adaptive frame/field coding for digital video content|
|US8068542||Sep 5, 2003||Nov 29, 2011||Fujitsu Limited||Motion picture encoding device and motion picture decoding device|
1. A method comprising:
- decoding, using a generated chrominance motion vector, an encoded motion picture signal composed of a plurality of fields with an inter-field motion compensating prediction to thereby provide a decoded motion picture signal, said decoding including
- generating the chrominance motion vector from a luminance motion vector according to a calculation method represented by
- the formula:
- description="In-line Formulae" end="lead"MVCy=MVy description="In-line Formulae" end="tail"
- when a reference source field and a reference destination field are both a top field or are both a bottom field,
- the formula:
- description="In-line Formulae" end="lead"MVCy=MVy−2description="In-line Formulae" end="tail"
- when the reference source field is the top field and the reference destination field is the bottom field, and
- the formula:
- description="In-line Formulae" end="lead"MVCy=MVy+2description="In-line Formulae" end="tail"
- when the reference source field is the bottom field and the reference destination field is the top field, wherein
- MVy implies a vertical component of a luminance motion vector indicating a vertical direction movement of a luminance pixel of a field image with vector component values of the luminance motion vector in units of 4, and
- MVCy implies a vertical component of a chrominance motion vector indicating a vertical direction movement of a chrominance pixel of the field image with the vector component values of the chrominance motion vector in units of 8.