|US2420045||Jan 29, 1944||May 6, 1947||LABEL OR THE LIKE WITH CAPTIVE|
|US3422558||Jan 3, 1967||Jan 21, 1969||FOOD CAN, REMINDER TAG AND HOLDER THEREFOR|
|US4015744||Mar 24, 1976||Apr 5, 1977||Ermal C. Fraze||Easy-open ecology end|
|US4021252||Feb 7, 1975||May 3, 1977||American Can Company|
M & T Chemicals Inc.
|Jet printing ink composition|
|US4030631||Aug 27, 1975||Jun 21, 1977||Ermal C. Fraze||Easy-open ecology end|
|US4166044||May 30, 1978||Aug 28, 1979||American Can Company||Binderless thermotropic jet ink|
|US4203240||Oct 21, 1976||May 20, 1980||Container with related indicia|
|US4322016||Aug 10, 1979||Mar 30, 1982||The Coca-Cola Company||Proof-of-purchase means for self-opening cans|
|US4473962||Jan 21, 1982||Oct 2, 1984||Combined device and contest indicia|
|US4551373||Nov 4, 1983||Nov 5, 1985||Label construction|
|US4559729||Nov 12, 1981||Dec 24, 1985||The Continental Group, Inc.||Container having prize indicia on the interior thereof|
|US4726608||Aug 5, 1986||Feb 23, 1988||Scientific Games of California, Inc.||Information bearing article with tamper resistant scratch-off opaque coating|
|US4872707||Nov 17, 1987||Oct 10, 1989||Grand Rapids Label Company||Label or ticket|
|US4911320||Sep 28, 1988||Mar 27, 1990||Prize holding container assemblies|
|US5024014||Dec 20, 1989||Jun 18, 1991||Integral label and coaster|
|US5056659||Mar 12, 1990||Oct 15, 1991||Prize holding container assemblies|
|US5056681||Oct 23, 1989||Oct 15, 1991||Prize holding container assemblies|
|US5076613||Apr 4, 1990||Dec 31, 1991||Label or package construction incorporating hidden indicia game|
|US5215576||Jul 24, 1991||Jun 1, 1993||GTECH Corporation||Water based scratch-off ink for gaming forms|
|US5228692||Aug 23, 1991||Jul 20, 1993||Innovative Environmental Tech., Inc.|
Environmental Paper Products, Inc.
|US5350612||Aug 4, 1992||Sep 27, 1994||Beckett Corporation||Wet-strength removable coupon|
|US5451052||Sep 7, 1994||Sep 19, 1995||Scientific Games, Inc.||Scratch-off game and game piece therefor|
|US5524788||Jun 10, 1994||Jun 11, 1996||The Coca-Cola Company||Closure with hidden-gift compartment|
|US5788076||Feb 2, 1996||Aug 4, 1998||Package wrapper bearing information|
|USD302116||May 13, 1985||Jul 11, 1989||Beverage can|
|USRE31702||Oct 27, 1980||Oct 9, 1984||Ermal C. Fraze||Tab for easy-open ecology end|
|US6168042||Aug 6, 1998||Jan 2, 2001||Cup with attached straw|
|US6234536||Dec 11, 1998||May 22, 2001||Dittler Brothers Incorporated||Label structure|
|US6412939||Aug 23, 2000||Jul 2, 2002||Pelikan Produktions AG||Method for printing on non-porous surfaces|
|US6464222||Mar 21, 2000||Oct 15, 2002||Subject Matters LLC||Dinner party conversation generator|
|US6543889||Feb 5, 2001||Apr 8, 2003||Hewlett-Packard Company||Printing system for application of different ink types to create a security document|
|US6616033||Nov 1, 2000||Sep 9, 2003||Spill-proof disposable cup with integral sealing flap|
|US6648217||Feb 13, 2001||Nov 18, 2003||Spill-proof disposable cup with integral sealing flap|
|US6715867||Aug 16, 2001||Apr 6, 2004||Gemplus||Method for making scratchable blocks and support comprising same|
|US6868627||May 5, 2003||Mar 22, 2005||Method and apparatus for conveying unique visual communication|
|US7010877||Aug 19, 2003||Mar 14, 2006||Beverage label assembly|
|US7011728||Jul 19, 2001||Mar 14, 2006||Berry Plastics Corporation||Container-labeling and-printing synchronization apparatus and process|
|US7064857||Aug 28, 2001||Jun 20, 2006||Subject Matters, LLC||Advertising method and apparatus|
|US7093832||Aug 9, 2001||Aug 22, 2006||Subject Matters, LLC||Conversation generator|
|US7153206||Feb 14, 2003||Dec 26, 2006||Scientific Gaines Royalty Corp.||Lottery tickets with variable and static prizes where the variable redemption values change under certain predetermined events|
|US7422146||Mar 1, 2006||Sep 9, 2008||Method and apparatus for promotion of transaction card|
|US7617622||Mar 21, 2005||Nov 17, 2009||Method and apparatus for conveying unique visual communication|
|US7987621||Nov 16, 2009||Aug 2, 2011||Method and apparatus for conveying unique visual communication|
|US8037545||Mar 16, 2007||Oct 18, 2011||Branders.com, Inc.||Article and method including a temporary decoration|
|US8056930||Jul 28, 2007||Nov 15, 2011||Bottle-cap identification system|
|USD539285||Apr 27, 2005||Mar 27, 2007||Can-shaped computer memory device|
1. In a metal can, the improvement of a promotional game device on the can comprising ink jet printed indicia of winning status on an exterior surface of the can and opaque covering material over the printed indicia, said opaque covering material being removable to expose the printed indicia, and said can has a recessed area in said exterior surface and said promotional game device is on the exterior surface within said recessed area.
2. A metal can as set forth in claim 1 in which said opaque covering material comprises a scratch-off, wax-like coating that conceals said printed indicia until the coating is scratched off to expose said printed indicia.
3. A metal can as set forth in claim 1 in which said opaque covering material comprises a peelable strip that conceals said printed indicia until the strip is peeled off to expose said printed indicia.
4. A metal can as set forth in claim 1 which has a bottom end wall and said printed indicia is on said bottom end wall.
5. A metal can as set forth in claim 1 which has a cylindrical sidewall and said indicia is on a recessed portion of said sidewall.
6. An easy opening can as set forth in claim 1 which has a top end closure and said printed indicia is on said top end closure.
7. A metal can as set forth in claim 1 that is an easy opening aluminum can.
8. A metal can as set forth in claim 1 that has a release coating over ink jet printed indicia of winning status.
9. A method for manufacturing metal cans having a promotional game on the cans comprising providing a metal can, ink jet printing indicia of winning status on an exterior surface of said can within a recessed area in said exterior surface, and covering said printed indicia with a removable opaque material which conceals said indicia until said opaque material is removed from over said indicia.
10. A method as set forth in claim 9 in which said removable opaque material is a scratch-off, wax-like coating that conceals said printed indicia until the coating is scratched off said can to reveal said printed indicia.
11. A method as set forth in claim 9 in which said removable opaque material comprises a peelable strip.
12. A method as set forth in claim 11 in which said printed indicia is printed on a bottom end wall of said can.
13. A metal can as set forth in claim 1 that is an easy opening beer or beverage can.
14. A metal can as set forth in claim 1 that is a steel can.
15. A method as set forth in claim 9 in which said can has a top end closure and said indicia is printed on the top end closure.