A semiconductor device comprising a substrate, a conductor and an insulating film provided on the surface of the substrate, part of the surface of the substrate being electrically connected with the conductor through a contact hole made in the insulating film, wherein a barrier layer present between part of the surface of the substrate and the conductor is provided only on the bottom of the contact hole, and the barrier layer provided on the bottom comprises amorphous titanium silicon nitride.
|US4855798||Dec 13, 1988||Aug 8, 1989||Texas Instruments Incorporated||Semiconductor and process of fabrication thereof|
|US5091210||Sep 19, 1990||Feb 25, 1992||Canon Kabushiki Kaisha||Plasma CVD of aluminum films|
|US5179042||Sep 7, 1990||Jan 12, 1993||Canon Kabushiki Kaisha||Process for forming deposited film by use of alkyl aluminum hydride|
|US5180687||Sep 24, 1990||Jan 19, 1993||Canon Kabushiki Kaisha||Deposited film formation method utilizing selective deposition by use of alkyl aluminum hydride|
|US5196372||Jun 15, 1992||Mar 23, 1993||Canon Kabushiki Kaisha||Process for forming metal deposited film containing aluminum as main component by use of alkyl hydride|
|US5659057||Feb 9, 1996||Aug 19, 1997||Micron Technology, Inc.||Five- and six-coordinate precursors for titanium nitride deposition|
|US5770520||Dec 5, 1996||Jun 23, 1998||LSI Logic Corporation||Method of making a barrier layer for via or contact opening of integrated circuit structure |
|US5903053||Jul 9, 1996||May 11, 1999||Kabushiki Kaisha Toshiba||Semiconductor device|
|US5998871||Feb 20, 1998||Dec 7, 1999||NEC Corporation||Metal plug electrode in semiconductor device and method for forming the same|
|US6008124||Feb 21, 1997||Dec 28, 1999||Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.||Semiconductor device having improved lamination-structure reliability for buried layers, silicide films and metal films, and a method for forming the same|
|US6069093||Jun 18, 1998||May 30, 2000||Tokyo Electron Limited||Process of forming metal films and multi layer structure|
|US6730616||Sep 24, 2002||May 4, 2004||Texas Instruments Incorporated||Versatile plasma processing system for producing oxidation resistant barriers|
|US6777327||Mar 28, 2001||Aug 17, 2004||Sharp Laboratories of America, Inc.||Method of barrier metal surface treatment prior to Cu deposition to improve adhesion and trench filling characteristics|
|US6958296||Jul 22, 2003||Oct 25, 2005||Applied Materials, Inc.||CVD TiSiN barrier for copper integration|
|US7638437||Oct 27, 2005||Dec 29, 2009||IPS Ltd.||In-situ thin-film deposition method|
|US7732307||Jun 3, 2005||Jun 8, 2010||Aviza Technology Limited||Method of forming amorphous TiN by thermal chemical vapor deposition (CVD)|
|US7972941||Jul 1, 2008||Jul 5, 2011||Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.||Method of manufacturing a semiconductor device|
1. A process for forming amorphous titanium silicon nitride on the surface of a substrate comprising the steps of:
- a) forming titanium silicide on the surface of the substrate; and
- b) exposing the titanium silicide formed on the surface of the substrate, to nitrogen plasma while maintaining the temperature of the substrate within the range of from 200 C. to 450 C. and keeping the inside of a reaction chamber at a pressure of 13.3 Pa or above, to form the amorphous titanium silicon nitride.
2. The process according to claim 1, wherein an insulating film having a contact hole is formed on the titanium silicide after the titanium silicide has been formed, and the amorphous titanium silicon nitride is formed on the surface of the titanium silicide laid bare at the contact hole.
3. The process according to claim 2, which further comprises the step of selectively depositing in the contact hole a conductor different from the titanium silicon nitride.
4. The process according to claim 3, wherein the conductor is formed by chemical vapor deposition making use of an alkyl aluminum hydride as a material gas.
5. The process according to claim 1, wherein before the titanium silicide is exposed to nitrogen plasma, the surface of the titanium silicide is cleaned.
6. A process for producing the semiconductor device according to claim 1, comprising the step of exposing titanium silicide to nitrogen plasma or to a gas of tetradiethylaminotitanium.
7. A process for forming amorphous titanium silicon nitride on the surface of a substrate provided in a reaction chamber, comprising the step of introducing a tetradiethylaminotitanium gas and an Si2H6 gas into the reaction chamber while maintaining the substrate temperature within the range of from 200 C. to 450 C. and keeping the inside of the reaction chamber at a pressure of from 13.3 Pa to 267 Pa, to form the amorphous titanium silicon nitride on the substrate.
8. The process according to claim 7, wherein the substrate temperature is set within the range of from 300 C. to 400 C.
9. The process according to claim 7, wherein ammonia gas is introduced into the reaction chamber.
10. The process according to claim 7, wherein a metal film containing aluminum is formed after the amorphous titanium silicon nitride has been formed.