1. A streaming media publishing system comprising:
- a source of media content comprising video, audio and textual content;
- a content processing center coupled for receiving the media content from the source of media content, and for processing the received media content to generate a streaming media presentation comprising integrated static HTML pages and encoded video, audio and metadata;
- a satellite for transmitting the streaming media presentation;
- a cache server for receiving and storing the transmitted streaming media presentation;
- one or more client personal computers coupled to the cache server that each comprise browser software for accessing the streaming media presentation stored on the cache server and displaying the streaming media presentation.
2. The system recited in claim 1 wherein the streaming media presentation is searchable using the metadata integrated with the video and audio.
3. A streaming media publishing method comprising the steps of:
- selectively processing graphics and text associated with a streaming media presentation to create a dynamic hypertext markup language (HTML) page corresponding thereto;
- processing video and audio to extract metadata associated with the presentation;
- encoding the video, audio and metadata in a predetermined video format;
- converting the dynamic HTML page into a static HTML page;
- integrating the static HTML page with the encoded video, audio and metadata;
- transmitting the streaming media presentation comprising the integrated static HTML page and encoded video, audio and metadata to a remotely located cache server where it is stored.
- accessing and viewing 68 the streaming media presentation using web browser software disposed on a personal computer coupled to the cache server.
4. The method recited in claim 3 wherein the streaming media presentation is transmitted 66 over a satellite link.
5. The method recited in claim 3 further comprising the step of searching the streaming media presentation using metadata contained within the presentation.