|US1546302||Jan 22, 1923||Jul 14, 1925||MEANS FOR COMBINING PERFUME ODORS|
|US3291904||Jul 17, 1963||Dec 13, 1966||STEREOSCOPIC TELEVISION SYSTEM WITH SPECIAL EFFECTS|
|US3795438||Jun 21, 1971||1974||APPARATUS FOR PERMEATING AN|
|US4544592||Oct 1, 1984||Oct 1, 1985||Aroma-generating capsule|
|US4582492||Feb 19, 1985||Apr 15, 1986||S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc.||Method for behavior modification using olfactory stimuli|
|US4629604||Dec 2, 1983||Dec 16, 1986||Multi-aroma cartridge player|
|US4695434||Aug 27, 1982||Sep 22, 1987||Aroma-generating unit|
|US4747782||Nov 13, 1986||May 31, 1988||Arcade Inc.||Cosmetic sampler|
|US4952400||Jun 17, 1988||Aug 28, 1990||Webcraft Technologies, Inc.||Powder and microcapsule fragrance enhanced sampler|
|US5000486||Dec 12, 1989||Mar 19, 1991||501 Webcraft Technologies, Inc.||Fragrance enhanced scratch-off layer for game cards|
|US5018974||May 22, 1990||May 28, 1991||Arcade, Inc.|
Perfume International, Inc.
|Coloring book or the like with ink-reactive, fragrance-releasing areas|
|US5175791||Oct 16, 1990||Dec 29, 1992||Technical Concepts, L.P.||Fragrance diffuser having stepped power levels|
|US5431885||Jan 23, 1992||Jul 11, 1995||Cartridge for deodorizing, disinfecting or humidifying apparatus and article for cartridge|
|US5591409||Aug 15, 1995||Jan 7, 1997||Providing aromas|
|US5887118||Feb 12, 1997||Mar 23, 1999||Motorola, Inc.||Olfactory card|
|US6024783||Jun 9, 1998||Feb 15, 2000||International Business Machines Corporation||Aroma sensory stimulation in multimedia|
|US6136277||Aug 12, 1998||Oct 24, 2000||Fragrance dispersion system|
|US6231032||Feb 17, 1999||May 15, 2001||Sense-simile transmission machine having a rotating cylinder with cartridges for dispensing substances onto a reciprocating carrier|
|US6241944||Oct 20, 1999||Jun 5, 2001||International Business Machines Corporation||Aroma sensory stimulation in multimedia and method for using|
|US6263333||Oct 22, 1998||Jul 17, 2001||International Business Machines Corporation||Method for searching non-tokenized text and tokenized text for matches against a keyword data structure|
|US6282458||Jul 30, 1999||Aug 28, 2001||Ricoh Company, Ltd.||Methods and systems for controlling olfactory stimuli|
|US6338818||Jan 11, 2001||Jan 15, 2002||International Business Machines Corporation||Aroma sensory stimulation in multimedia|
|US6357726||Mar 10, 2000||Mar 19, 2002||Microscent, LLC||Methods and apparatus for localized delivery of scented aerosols|
|US6371451||Mar 24, 2000||Apr 16, 2002||Korea Institute of Science and Technology||Scent diffusion apparatus and method|
|US6524537||Mar 7, 2000||Feb 25, 2003||Fragrance emitter for use with internet|
|US6536746||Nov 30, 2001||Mar 25, 2003||MicroScent LLC||Methods and apparatus for localized delivery of scented aerosols|
|US6542442||May 4, 2001||Apr 1, 2003||Scent emitting device|
|US6553777||Feb 28, 2001||Apr 29, 2003||Central media dispenser for use in HVAC system|
|US6556272||Oct 17, 2000||Apr 29, 2003||MultiSen Technology, Inc.||Multimedia and scent storage medium and playback apparatus|
|US6602475||Nov 16, 2000||Aug 5, 2003||MultiSen Technology, Inc.||Multimedia and scent storage medium and playback apparatus having electrostatic scent release|
|US6619559||Jul 10, 2001||Sep 16, 2003||Scent delivery system|
|US6628204||Feb 20, 2001||Sep 30, 2003||ITO Engineering Inc.||Odor communication system in multimedia|
|US6654664||Jun 14, 2000||Nov 25, 2003||MultiSen Technology, Inc.||Multimedia and scent storage medium and playback apparatus|
|US6712287||Jul 15, 2002||Mar 30, 2004||Osmooze S.A.||Programmable device for diffusing olfactory peaks|
|US6766651||Apr 28, 2003||Jul 27, 2004||Central media dispenser for use in HVAC system|
|US6786474||Feb 10, 2003||Sep 7, 2004||MicroScent, LLC||Methods and apparatus for localized delivery of scented aerosols|
|US6923079||Oct 31, 2001||Aug 2, 2005||Recording, transmission and/or playback of data representing an airflow|
|US6962496||Jun 14, 2002||Nov 8, 2005||Quest International Servces B.V.||Recognition of scents in fragrances|
|US6994328||Jul 12, 2004||Feb 7, 2006||MicroScent LLC||Methods and apparatus for localized delivery of scented aerosols|
|US7103450||Feb 28, 2002||Sep 5, 2006||Invitrogen Corporation||Automated liquid manufacturing system|
|US7389943||Jun 29, 2005||Jun 24, 2008||S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.||Electromechanical apparatus for dispensing volatile substances with single dispensing mechanism and cartridge for holding multiple receptacles|
|US7469844||May 18, 2005||Dec 30, 2008||S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.||Diffusion device and method of diffusing|
|US7484716||Apr 14, 2005||Feb 3, 2009||University of Southern California||Scent delivery device and method of simulating scent in a virtual environment|
|US7610118||Nov 10, 2003||Oct 27, 2009||S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.||Dispensing of multiple volatile substances|
|US7622073||Jun 29, 2006||Nov 24, 2009||S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.||Apparatus for and method of dispensing active materials|
|US7718119||May 28, 2001||May 18, 2010||Method and apparatus for generating smell|
|US8091253||Jun 30, 2005||Jan 10, 2012||The Procter & Gamble Company||Fabric article treating device and system|
|USD584809||Feb 4, 2008||Jan 13, 2009||S. C. Johnson & Son, Inc.||Dispensing device|
|USD639923||Apr 15, 2010||Jun 14, 2011||S.C. Johnson & Son, Inc.||Dispensing device|
1. A computer controlled odor mixing and dispensing system comprising:
- a hollow member having at least one opening in each of two spaced surfaces to define a fluid inlet and a fluid outlet;
- a plurality of containers each suitable for storing a different odorant arranged in an array and mounted in said hollow member proximate the opening defining the said fluid inlet;
- a plurality of controllable delivering means, one connected to each of said plurality of containers, for controlling, in response to control signals supplied by a computer, the volume of odorant dispensed from its associated container;
- a moving absorptive porus member mounted in said hollow member for receiving the odorants dispensed by said controllable metering delivery means; and,
- fluid pumping means mounted in said hollow member for establishing a fluid flow between said inlet and said outlet and through said moving absorptive porus member whereby odorants deposited on the said moving absorptive porus member are mixed by said fluid flow and motion and expelled at said fluid outlet.
2. A computer controlled odor mixing and dispensing system as set forth in claim 1 in which said hollow member is a cylinder and the fluid inlet and fluid outlet openings are located in the opposed planar end surfaces.
3. A computer controlled mixing and dispensing system as set forth in either claim 1 or claim 2 in which the odorant is a liquid and the controllable delivering means are piezo-electric pumps.
4. A computer controlled mixing and dispensing system as set forth in claim 3 in which the odorant containers are arranged in a linear array and the absorptive porus moving member is a slowly rotating disk.
5. A computer controlled mixing and dispensing system as set forth in claim 3 in which the odorant containers are arranged in a plurality of stacked cassettes and each cassette has a plurality of odorants.
6. A computer controlled mixing and dispensing system as set forth in either claim 1 or claim 2 in which the odorant is a solid and the controllable metering delivery means are heating elements for vaporizing the odorant as a function of a control current.
7. A computer controlled mixing and dispensing system as set forth in claim 6 in which the odorant containers are arranged in a linear array and the absorptive porus moving member is a slowly rotating disk.
8. A computer controlled mixing and dispensing system as set forth in claim 6 in which the odorant containers are arranged in a plurality of stacked cassettes and each cassette has a plurality of odorants.