1. A contact test circuit for testing the electrical contact between a tester and a device under test (DUT), comprising:
- a voltage forcing network associated with said tester and electrically connectable to said DUT for forcing a predetermined voltage on said DUT for a predetermined time, said voltage forcing network comprising a DC voltage power supply circuit and a negative pulse generator circuit, each of which are electrically connectable to said DUT;
- a voltage evaluation network electrically connectable to said DUT for sensing a voltage returned by said DUT following said predetermined time and for comparing said returned voltage to a plurality of reference voltage, said voltage evaluation network comprising means for comparing a DC voltage returned from said DUT and to a DC threshold reference; and
- a contact status circuit for using said comparison to determine a status of said contact.
2. The circuit of claim 1, further comprising an isolator driver for isolating a data signal on said tester from said voltage forcing network and said voltage evaluation network during said contact testing.
3. The circuit of claim 1, wherein said comparing means is a plurality of DC comparators and wherein said contact status circuit converts results from said comparing means to a logical indication of the status of said electrical contact.