1. A speech recognition system comprising:
- an audio sensing circuit conformed to provide a sequence of pulses each of a length corresponding to the length of an audio wave;
- buffer memory means conformed to receive and store a sequence of count codes each corresponding to the length of a respective one of said pulses;
- segmenting means conformed to receive the count codes in said buffer memory means for accumulating the count codes therein and dividing said accumulation by a predetermined integer divisor and for producing a segment period indicative of said division;
- sorting means operatively connected to receive said count codes from said buffer memory means and conformed to sort said count codes into preselected class intervals of count groups; and
- said sorting means further including distributing means for distributing said count codes in accordance with said segment periods.