The invention relates to a disc for use in an apparatus for signal processing, which apparatus comprises a digital audio source and a record player with a turntable and an arm carrying a pick-up element which is arranged to play a conventional record. The disc during its use is placed on the turntable and is provided with a groove which can be lowered by the pick-up element, and which comprises a time-code signal wherein during use of the disc the said time-code signal controls the digital audio source.
|US3755792||Mar 26, 1971||1973||NRZ, NRZ|
|US4300225||Aug 9, 1979||Nov 10, 1981||Disco beat meter|
|US4901300||Nov 1, 1988||Feb 13, 1990||U.S. Philips Corporation||Method of and apparatus for recording an information signal|
|US5339301||Jul 29, 1993||Aug 16, 1994||U.S. Philips Corporation||Optically readable record carrier for recording information, method and apparatus for manufacturing such, apparatus for recording and reading information on a such a record carrier|
|US5512704||Oct 12, 1993||Apr 30, 1996||Yamaha Corporation||Electronic sound signal generator achieving scratch sound effect using scratch readout from waveform memory|
|US5862106||Jun 10, 1997||Jan 19, 1999||Sony Corporation||Optical disc reproducing apparatus and optical disc reproducing method|
|US6541690||Dec 18, 2001||Apr 1, 2003||Scratch effect controller|
|US6576825||Jul 6, 1999||Jun 10, 2003||Pioneer Electronic Corporation||Audio reproduction apparatus for reproducing music information recorded on a digital disk|
|US6818815||May 6, 2002||Nov 16, 2004||Stanton Magnetics Inc.||Phonograph turntable with MIDI output|
|US20030029305||Aug 7, 2002||System for converting turntable motion to MIDI data|
|US20050152236||Jan 12, 2005||Position and velocity transducer using a phonograph disc and turntable|
|US7273980||Jan 12, 2005||Sep 25, 2007||Position and velocity transducer using a phonograph disc and turntable|
|US7683249||May 17, 2007||Mar 23, 2010||Native Instruments Software Synthesis GmbH||Device and method for controlling playback devices for digital information, especially music information|
|US8077568||Feb 1, 2005||Dec 13, 2011||Method and system for synchronizing information specific to a location on a surface with an external source|
|US8097800||Dec 3, 2009||Jan 17, 2012||N2IT Holding B.V.||Method for controlling a digital audio source|
|US8198524||Jul 22, 2009||Jun 12, 2012||N2IT Holding B.V.||Apparatus for controlling a digital source|
|US8217252||Jan 16, 2012||Jul 10, 2012||N2IT Holding B.V.||System and method for controlling play of digital audio equipment|
1. Apparatus for signal processing in conjunction with a digital audio source, said apparatus comprising:
- a record player with a turntable and an arm;
- a pick-up element disposed on said arm for playing a conventional record; and
- a digital filter fed by said pick-up element comprising a circuit for detecting and following a carrier frequency and a demodulation circuit for demodulating a time-code signal that is modulated on the carrier frequency in the audible range between 20 and 20,000 Hz.
2. Apparatus according to claim 1, wherein said apparatus additionally comprises a detection device for determining phase difference between the time-code signal demodulated from left and right channel signals, respectively.
3. Apparatus according to claim 1, wherein the time-code signal controls the digital audio source.
4. Apparatus according to claim 3, wherein said apparatus additionally comprises a digital audio buffer under control of the time-code signal, and wherein the digital audio buffer is connected to a digital output filter which feeds a signal output which is selected from the group consisting of a digital electric output socket, a digital optic signal output, and a digital-to-analog converter.
5. Apparatus according to claim 4, wherein said apparatus additionally comprises a control logic device fed by the time-code signal and determining a velocity signal being a measure for speed of change of the time-code signal, and wherein the digital output filter is controlled by said control logic device.