A glove for securely retaining an object, such as a racket, in the clenched, gloved hand of a user. The glove includes a strap-like member extending from the fingertips of the glove and disposed for partially wrapping around the wrist of the user. The distal end of the strap is temporarily adhered to the back side of the glove to retain the user's hand in clenched position around the object.
|US2083604||Jul 20, 1936||Jun 15, 1937||GOLF GLOVE|
|US2751598||Jun 28, 1954||Jun 26, 1956|| ROMEO |
|US3100302||Dec 6, 1961||Aug 13, 1963||GOLF GLOVE|
|US3105972||Dec 18, 1961||Oct 8, 1963||GOLF GLOVE|
|US3274616||Oct 14, 1965||Sep 27, 1966||RUSSO
GRIP LOCKING GLOVE ASSEMBLY|
|US3348238||Oct 28, 1966||Oct 24, 1967||GOLF GLOVE WITH GRIP LOCKING MEANS|
|US3559212||Jun 12, 1969||Feb 2, 1971||GOLFING GLOVE|
|US3918097||Mar 10, 1975||1975||SPORT GLOVE|
|US4057255||Jun 4, 1976||Nov 8, 1977||Golf swing aid|
|US4643428||Jul 3, 1985||Feb 17, 1987||Golf club gripping aid|
|US4698850||Oct 6, 1986||Oct 13, 1987||Therapeutic exercise glove|
|US4796306||Mar 23, 1988||Jan 10, 1989||Readily adjustable grip enhancing gripping glove|
|US4809366||Jan 4, 1988||Mar 7, 1989||Ogio International, Inc.||Wristband and integral back of hand pad|
|US5224220||Aug 12, 1991||Jul 6, 1993||Easy off sports glove attachment|
|US5414868||Jun 23, 1993||May 16, 1995||Golf glove with grip-maintaining straps|
|US5435013||Oct 12, 1993||Jul 25, 1995||Gripping glove|
|US5553324||Dec 1, 1994||Sep 10, 1996||Gripping aid|
|US5557805||Jul 20, 1995||Sep 24, 1996||Gripping aid|
|US5593073||Apr 11, 1995||Jan 14, 1997||Workman's wrist band|
|US5669073||Feb 20, 1996||Sep 23, 1997||Golf glove with grip positioning means|
|US5675839||Feb 1, 1996||Oct 14, 1997||Wells Lamont Technologies, Inc.||Push hand covering with removal assist|
|US5697103||Jun 15, 1995||Dec 16, 1997||Personal Expression I, Inc.||Therapeutic glove|
|US5742942||Aug 16, 1996||Apr 28, 1998||Golf glove having club-gripping strap|
|US5768711||Jan 9, 1997||Jun 23, 1998||Schiek Sports||Sports glove|
|US5809569||Nov 12, 1996||Sep 22, 1998||Device for securing a glove or mitten to the hand|
|US5809570||Jan 16, 1997||Sep 22, 1998||Wrist harness strap|
|US5864884||Jun 11, 1998||Feb 2, 1999||Gun support glove|
|US6035442||Sep 19, 1997||Mar 14, 2000||Sports glove for arthritis|
|US6092238||Aug 19, 1999||Jul 25, 2000||Leader gripper gloves|
|US6393615||Feb 8, 2001||May 28, 2002||Challenger glove for holding objects|
|US6654959||Dec 17, 2001||Dec 2, 2003||Glove with enhanced retention capabilities|
|US7234172||Jan 30, 2006||Jun 26, 2007||Glove with support for hyper-extension resistance|
|US7415735||Jun 13, 2006||Aug 26, 2008||Erickson & Lorenzon Enterprises, LLC||Grip enhancing glove and method for maintaining a grip that enables a user to maintain a prolonged grip without incurring undesirable effects|
|US7490363||Dec 12, 2005||Feb 17, 2009||Nustep, Inc.||Hand harness for exercise equipment|
|US7533423||Aug 5, 2005||May 19, 2009||Fun In The Saddle, Inc.||Equestrian riding breeches garment and method for its manufacture|
|US8214925||Jun 14, 2010||Jul 10, 2012||Tool holding glove|
|USD611227||May 28, 2009||Mar 9, 2010||Dashamerica, Inc.||Glove pocket|
1. A glove for retention of a user's hand in secured snug-fitting relation around an object, said glove comprising:
- a body having back and inner sides, a wrist portion, and extending thumb and finger portions, said inner side including a palm area; and
- securing means cooperating with said finger portions and said body for retention of said finger portions in secured relation around said object for snug-fitting relation thereof in said palm responsive to a gripped relation of said object by user's hand, said securing means including:
- a strap having a first end having eyelet means thereon, said strap disposed in extending relation from said finger portions for secured relation with said body,
- strap attaching means including a cord member disposed in loosely secured relation with said body and slidably attached to and extending from each said finger portion, said cord member extending through said eyelet means for secured relation with said strap, and
- a cord retaining member secured to said back portion of said body for the loosely secured relation of said cord thereto, said cord member being continuous and passing loosely, in folded relation, through said cord retaining member, said folded relation providing a cord member having four strand portions, each strand portion being slidably attached to a respective finger portion with a loop portion between adjacent inner and outer finger portions.
2. A glove as set forth in claim 1 wherein said eyelet means includes a pair of eyes, each of said eyes disposed to receive a said loop portion of said cord member loosely therein.
3. A glove as set forth in claim 2 including a sleeve-like member secured to the back side of each said finger portion, said sleeve-like member disposed for said slidably attached relation of said cord member to each said finger portion.
4. A glove as set forth in claim 3 wherein said strap includes a second end having means thereon for secured relation thereof with said body adjacent to said wrist portion.
5. A glove as set forth in claim 1 including wrist attaching means for securing said wrist portion of said glove on the wrist of the user.
6. A glove as set forth in claim 5 wherein said securing means includes adhering surfaces disposed on said body and said strap for secured relation of said strap to said body.
7. A glove as set forth in claim 6 wherein one of said adhering surfaces is disposed on said wrist attaching means and is disposed for adhering to said adhering surface of said strap.
8. A glove as set forth in claim 7 wherein said adhering surfaces are defined by a nylon material having a surface of tiny hooks and a complementary surface of a clinging pile.
9. A glove as set forth in claim 8 wherein said palm side of said glove is made of suede.
10. A glove as set forth in claim 9 wherein said wrist portion of said glove includes an inner surface having a sweat band secured thereto.