A computer-based method for allocating funds in pre-established accounts for use by customers, by creating for each customer a customer account file containing a record of funds deposited for the customer, and limiting how the funds in each customer account file may be spent on audio and video entertainment in the form of goods and services in response to command instructions from the fund depositor, wherein the limit on the funds is a limit on transaction amount or a limit according to content on the audio or video entertainment on which the funds may be spent. Computer-based systems implementing the inventive method are also disclosed.
|US4454414||Jun 16, 1982||Jun 12, 1984||Vericard Corporation||Funds transfer system using optically coupled, portable modules|
|US4654793||Oct 15, 1984||Mar 31, 1987||Showdata, Inc.||System and method for registering and keeping track of the activities of attendees at a trade show, convention or the like|
|US4725719||Jul 21, 1986||Feb 16, 1988||First City National Bank of Austin||Restricted purpose, commercial, monetary regulation method|
|US4823265||May 11, 1987||Apr 18, 1989||Renewable option accounting and marketing system|
|US4837422||Sep 8, 1987||Jun 6, 1989||Juergen Dethloff||Multi-user card system|
|US4859837||Sep 15, 1988||Aug 22, 1989||Portable data carrier incorporating manually presettable processing modes|
|US4885685||Sep 18, 1987||Dec 5, 1989||L & C Family Partnership||Investment management system with travel usage funds indexed to customer account status|
|US4887950||Apr 29, 1988||Dec 19, 1989||Bridgestone Corporation||Waterproof nut|
|US4906828||May 31, 1988||Mar 6, 1990||Paperless Accounting, Inc.||Electronic money purse and fund transfer system|
|US4968873||Feb 27, 1989||Nov 6, 1990||Juergen Dethloff||Smart card issuing and receiving apparatus|
|US5168372||Nov 29, 1990||Dec 1, 1992||Video control system|
|US5220501||Dec 8, 1989||Jun 15, 1993||Online Resources, Ltd.||Method and system for remote delivery of retail banking services|
|US5287269||Jul 9, 1990||Feb 15, 1994||Boardwalk/Starcity Corporation||Apparatus and method for accessing events, areas and activities|
|US5321241||Mar 19, 1993||Jun 14, 1994||Calculus Microsystems Corporation||System and method for tracking casino promotional funds and apparatus for use therewith|
|US5326960||Nov 25, 1992||Jul 5, 1994||Currency transfer system and method|
|US5331353||Mar 9, 1993||Jul 19, 1994||Mindmaster Inc.||Device for limiting the amount of time an electrical appliance such as a television may be used|
|US5350906||Nov 25, 1992||Sep 27, 1994||Currency transfer system and method using fixed limit cards|
|US5408082||Aug 12, 1993||Apr 18, 1995||Matsushita Electric Industrial Co., Ltd.||IC card with hierarchical file structure|
|US5450477||Dec 27, 1993||Sep 12, 1995||AT&T Corp.||Monitoring of charges debited to an account having an assigned limit|
|US5465206||Nov 1, 1993||Nov 7, 1995||Visa International||Electronic bill pay system|
|US5485518||Sep 30, 1993||Jan 16, 1996||Yellowstone Environmental Science, Inc.||Electronic media program recognition and choice|
|US5500513||May 11, 1994||Mar 19, 1996||Visa International||Automated purchasing control system|
|US5530232||Dec 22, 1993||Jun 25, 1996||Datamark Services, Inc.||Multi-application data card|
|US5559313||Dec 23, 1994||Sep 24, 1996||Lucent Technologies Inc.||Categorization of purchased items for each transaction by a smart card|
|US5566327||Jul 8, 1994||Oct 15, 1996||Computerized theme park information management system utilizing partitioned smart cards and biometric verification|
|US5578808||Feb 28, 1995||Nov 26, 1996||Datamark Services, Inc.||Data card that can be used for transactions involving separate card issuers|
|US5581663||Apr 22, 1994||Dec 3, 1996||Ideation International Inc.||Automated problem formulator and solver|
|US5744787||Sep 25, 1995||Apr 28, 1998||Advanced Retail Systems Ltd.||System and method for retail|
|US5826243||Jan 3, 1994||Oct 20, 1998||Merrill Lynch & Co., Inc.||Integrated system for controlling master account and nested subaccount(s)|
|US5845260||Jan 24, 1996||Dec 1, 1998||Sony Corporation||System and method for parent-controlled charging for on-line services|
|US5852811||Jul 25, 1994||Dec 22, 1998||Proprietary Financial Products, Inc.||Method for managing financial accounts by a preferred allocation of funds among accounts |
|US5864830||Feb 13, 1997||Jan 26, 1999||Data processing method of configuring and monitoring a satellite spending card linked to a host credit card|
|US5870723||Aug 29, 1996||Feb 9, 1999||Tokenless biometric transaction authorization method and system|
|US5907831||Apr 4, 1997||May 25, 1999||Computer apparatus and methods supporting different categories of users|
|US5953170||Jun 26, 1996||Sep 14, 1999||Penalty Kick Management Ltd.||Label for container|
|US5953710||Oct 9, 1996||Sep 14, 1999||Children's credit or debit card system|
|US6021943||Aug 27, 1997||Feb 8, 2000||Process for executing payment transactions|
|US6032133||Nov 3, 1995||Feb 29, 2000||VisaInternational Service Association||Electronic bill pay system|
|US6247130||Jan 18, 2000||Jun 12, 2001||Distribution of musical products by a web site vendor over the internet|
|US6345263||Jun 10, 1997||Feb 5, 2002||Hitachi, Ltd.||Electronic purse application system and method thereof|
|US6434535||Nov 13, 1998||Aug 13, 2002||Iomega Corporation||System for prepayment of electronic content using removable media and for prevention of unauthorized copying of same|
|US6507727||Oct 13, 2000||Jan 14, 2003||Purchase and delivery of digital content using multiple devices and data networks|
|US6779115||Feb 18, 2000||Aug 17, 2004||Digital5, Inc.||Portable device using a smart card to receive and decrypt digital data|
|US6796497||Apr 23, 2002||Sep 28, 2004||American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc.||System and method for facilitating a subsidiary card account|
|US6826546||Oct 26, 2000||Nov 30, 2004||IdeaFlood, Inc.||Method and system for licensing a copy of a copyright protected work|
|US20010034705||Mar 5, 2001||Payment-based systems for internet music|
|US20010051996||Feb 20, 2001||Network-based content distribution system|
|US20020066783||Dec 5, 2000||Allowance card|
|US20020111907||Jan 25, 2002||Systems and methods for conducting electronic commerce transactions requiring micropayment|
|US20050198533||Jan 19, 2005||Digital data transfer authorization method and apparatus|
|US7735726||Nov 17, 2005||Jun 15, 2010||Target Brands, Inc.||Voucher system and method of use|
|US7945512||Aug 13, 2007||May 17, 2011||eBay Inc.||Spending and savings secondary linked accounts|
|US8011578||Jun 11, 2010||Sep 6, 2011||Target Brands, Inc.||Voucher system and method of use|
|US8214269||Jul 25, 2007||Jul 3, 2012||American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc.||Transactional tax settlement in personal communication devices|
1. A computer-based method for allocating parental funds in preestablished accounts for use by children, comprising;
- providing a bank or credit account containing parental funds for allocation to at least one child;
- creating a secondary account file with an internet music file supplier accessible by a child for spending on internet music purchases; and
- periodically transferring directly and automatically to said secondary account file from said bank or credit account an allowance payment for use by said child to purchase and transfer music files over the internet using a personal computer;
- wherein said steps of creating a secondary account file and periodically transferring funds from said bank or credit account to said secondary account are performed using information supplied by said parent over the internet using a personal computer.
2. The method of claim 1, further comprising the step of storing information on said internet music purchases.
3. The method of claim 2, further comprising the step of supplying to said parent said purchase information.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein said supplying step is performed periodically.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein said allowance payment is transferred weekly or monthly.
6. The method of claim 1, further comprising the step of limiting how said allowance payment in said secondary account file may be spent in response to command instructions from said fund depositor, wherein said limit on said allowance payment is a limit on transaction amount or a limit according to music content.
7. The method of claim 1, wherein said limit on said allowance payment is a limit on transaction amount.
8. The method of claim 7, wherein said limit on transaction amount is a periodic limit.
9. The method of claim 8, wherein said limit on transaction amount is a weekly or monthly limit.
10. The method of claim 6, wherein said limit on said allowance payment is a content limit.
11. The method of claim 10, wherein said content limit is according to artist, genre or content rating.