|US4027137||Sep 17, 1975||May 31, 1977||International Business Machines Corporation||Laser drilling nozzle|
|US4088864||Feb 23, 1976||May 9, 1978||Alza Corporation||Process for forming outlet passageways in pills using a laser|
|US4281764||Feb 1, 1980||Aug 4, 1981||FMC Corporation||Sorting apparatus for potatoes and the like|
|US5085510||Aug 28, 1990||Feb 4, 1992||Pfizer Inc.||Pharmaceutical tablet vision inspection system|
|US5359176||Apr 2, 1993||Oct 25, 1994||International Business Machines Corporation||Optics and environmental protection device for laser processing applications|
|US5363968||Aug 23, 1991||Nov 15, 1994||Pfizer Inc.||Automatic blister inspection system|
|US5399828||Nov 16, 1993||Mar 21, 1995||Alza Corporation||Laser tablet treatment system with dual access to tablet|
|US5624587||Mar 8, 1994||Apr 29, 1997||Mitsubishi Denki Kabushiki Kaisha||Laser machining apparatus and method of setting focus thereof|
|US5658474||Dec 16, 1994||Aug 19, 1997||Alza Corporation||Method and apparatus for forming dispenser delivery ports|
|US5698119||Jun 25, 1996||Dec 16, 1997||ALZA Corporation||Apparatus for forming dispenser delivery ports|
|US6276512||May 20, 1999||Aug 21, 2001||Alza Corporation||Methods and apparatus for uniformly orienting pharmaceutical dosage forms|
|US6452133||Jul 14, 2000||Sep 17, 2002||Alza Corporation||Apparatus and methods for alternating laser treatment of pharmaceutical dispensers|
|US6756564||Dec 31, 2002||Jun 29, 2004||Andrx Pharmaceuticals LLC||System and method for removing particulate created from a drilled or cut surface|
|US6785414||Sep 28, 2000||Aug 31, 2004||Media Cybernetics, Inc.||System and method for establishing an aggregate degree of brightness for each primary color to create a composite color digital image|
|US6809288||May 21, 2002||Oct 26, 2004||Osmotica Corp.||Laser drilling system and method|
|US20030189030||May 21, 2002||Laser drilling system and method|
|US20040094050||Nov 13, 2003||ACKLEY MACHINE CORPORATION||Laser unit, inspection unit, method for inspecting and accepting/removing specified pellet-shaped articles from a conveyer mechanism, and pharmaceutical article|
1. A pharmaceutical laser drilling system for creating an opening in a coating on a dosage form having a first side and a second side, said system comprising:
- (a) a laser drilling station;
- (b) a laser capable of producing a laser beam, said laser beam being conducted through a laser beam delivery assembly capable of focusing said laser beam at said laser drilling station;
- (c) a first link conveyor comprising a plurality of first links, each of said first links being capable of receiving a dosage form;
- (d) a second link conveyor comprising a plurality of second links, each of said second links being capable of receiving said dosage form, said second link conveyor being operatively interconnected with said first link conveyor to receive said dosage form from said first link conveyor and capable of transporting said dosage form to said laser drilling station;
- (e) a first color sensor located adjacent said first link conveyor and capable of sensing the color of at least one of said first side and said second side of said dosage form and of generating a signal representative of the color; and
- (f) a rejection station located along said first link conveyor capable of ejecting said dosage form in response to said signal generated by said first color sensor.
2. The system of claim 1, further comprising a second color sensor located adjacent said second link conveyor and capable of sensing the color of at least one of said first side and said second side of said dosage form and generating another signal representative of the color.
3. The system of claim 2 wherein said first color sensor senses the color of said first side of said dosage form and said second color sensor senses the color of said second side of said dosage form.
4. The system of claim 2 wherein said second link conveyor further comprises a rejection station capable of ejecting said dosage form in response to said signal generated by said second color sensor.