(12) United States Patent ao) Patent No.: us 6,678,714 Bi
Olapurath et al. (45) Date of Patent: Jan. 13,2004
(54) COMPUTER-IMPLEMENTED TASK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
(75) Inventors: John Olapurath, Nashua, NH (US);
Rajiv Sodlapur, Manchester, NH (US);
Roel Vlemmings, Manchester, NH (US)
(73) Assignee: TaskServer.com, Inc., Nashua, NH
( * ) Notice: Subject to any disclaimer, the term ol this patent is extended or adjusted under 35 U.S.C. 154(b) by 0 days.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/438,446
(22) Filed: Nov. 12, 1999
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/108,538, filed on Nov. 16, 1998.
(51) Int. C I. G06F 9/00
(52) U.S. CI 709/104; 705/8; 705/9
(58) Field of Search 709/104; 705/8,
(56) References Cited
U.S. PATENT DOCUMENTS
5,765,140 A * 6/1998 Knudson et al 705/9
A task management system including a task server linking a plurality ol system users, including at least one task definer, at least one task requester and at least one task Mfiller over a communications link. The task server includes a task processor lor processing tasks, a task memory for storing task definitions and one or more graphical user interlaces (GUIs) lor interlacing the system users to the task server to lacilitate operation ol said task processing system. The GUIs include task view interlaces, task lulfiller interlaces, which are used by task requesters and task lulfillers to request and fulfill tasks, respectively. The GUIs also include a plurality of administrative editor interfaces, which are used by task definers to define, group and sequence tasks.
7 Claims, 14 Drawing Sheets