(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (i0) Pub. No.: US 2008/0117991 Al
Peddireddy et al. (43) Pub. Date: May 22,2008
(54) PARTITIONING COMPRESSION-BASED FIRMWARE OVER THE AIR
(75) Inventors: Sudheer Kumar Peddireddy,
Garland, TX (US); Vani Budhati,
Garland, TX (US)
CONLEY ROSE, P.C.
5601 GRANITE PARKWAY, SUITE 750
PLANO, TX 75024
(73) Assignee: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD., Kyungki-do (KR)
(21) Appl.No.: 11/773,918
(22) Filed: Jul. 5, 2007
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Provisional application No. 60/866,760, filed on Nov. 21, 2006.
(51) Int. CI.
H04L 27/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 375/241
Computer readable medium, a system and a method for providing an image for use in a mobile device are provided. Object files are selected that include at least some code and some data for use by the mobile device. Components are generated from the object files. Whether a component is larger than a logical block is determined. The component is partitioned into modules in response to determining that the component is larger than the logical block. Unique addresses are established for components and any modules. A memory layout is generated including the unique addresses. Components and any modules are loaded at corresponding unique addresses to provide the image.