(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2005/0109842 Al
Walker et al. (43) Pub. Date: May 26,2005
(54) SYSTEM FOR VENDING PHYSICAL AND INFORMATION ITEMS
(76) Inventors: Jay S. Walker, Ridgefield, CT (US);
Daniel E. Tedesco, Westport, CT (US)
FIVE HIGH RIDGE PARK
STAMFORD, CT 06905 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/994,913
(22) Filed: Nov. 22, 2004
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 09/713,001, filed on Nov. 17, 2000.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/226,830, filed on Aug. 22, 2000. Provisional application No. 60/243,153, filed on Oct. 25, 2000.
(51) Int. CI.7 G06F 7/08
(52) U.S. CI 235/381
A vending machine handles a purchase transaction by receiving a payment, receiving a product selection from the customer, and dispensing the product indicated by the product selection. As part of the same transaction, the vending machine offers an information item such as an audio recording or a video recording. The vending machine also receives from the customer a destination address, which may be an e-mail address. The vending machine or a system of which it is part transmits the information item to the received destination address.