« PreviousContinue »
(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication oo) Pub. No.: US 2007/0105649 Al
Beach et al. (43) Pub. Date: May 10,2007
(54) GOLF CLUB HEAD HAVING MOVABLE WEIGHTS
(75) Inventors: Todd P. Beach, San Diego, CA (US);
Bing-Ling Chao, San Diego, CA (US);
Mark Greaney, Oceanside, CA (US);
Marc Kronenberg, San Diego, CA
(US); Thomas Olsavsky, Encinitas, CA
(US); Benoit Vincent, Encinitas, CA
(US); Ian Wright, Carlsbad, CA (US);
Kraig Willett, Fallbrook, CA (US);
Gery Zimmerman, Fallbrook, CA (US)
KLARQUIST SPARKMAN, LLP
121 SW SALMON STREET
PORTLAND, OR 97204 (US)
(73) Assignee: Taylor Made Golf Company, Inc.
(21) Appl. No.: 11/669,925
(22) Filed: Jan. 31, 2007
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 11/067,475, filed on Feb. 25, 2005, now Pat. No. 7,186,190, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 10/785,692, filedonFeb. 23, 2004, now Pat. No. 7,166,040, which is a continuation-in-part of application No. 10/290, 817, filed on Nov. 8, 2002, now Pat. No. 6,773,360.
(51) Int. CI.
A63B 53/00 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 473/334; 473/349; 473/345;
One embodiment of a golf club head having movable weights includes a body with a face plate positioned at a forward portion of the golf club head, a sole positioned at a bottom portion of the golf club head, a crown positioned at a top portion of the golf club head and a skirt positioned around a periphery of the golf club head between the sole and the crown. Two or more weight ports are formed in the body and at least two weights are configured to be retained at least partially within the weight ports.