(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2003/0090581 Al
Credelle et al. (43) Pub. Date: May 15,2003
(54) COLOR DISPLAY HAVING HORIZONTAL SUB-PIXEL ARRANGEMENTS AND LAYOUTS
(76) Inventors: Thomas Lloyd Credelle, Morgan Hill,
CA (US); Candice Hellen Brown
Elliott, Vallejo, CA (US); Moon Hwan
IM, Santa Rosa, CA (US)
Finnegan, Henderson, Farabow,
Garrett & Dunner, L.L.P.
1300 I Street, N. W.
Washington, DC 20005-3315 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/278,393
(22) Filed: Oct. 22, 2002
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part ol application No. 09/628,122, filed on Jul. 28, 2000. Continuation-in-part of appli
cation No. 09/916,232, filed on Jul. 25, 2001. Continuation-in-part of application No. 10/024,326, filed on Dec. 14, 2001. Continuation-in-part of application No. 10/150,394, filed on May 17, 2002.
(51) Int. CI.7 H04N 3/14; H04N 9/04
(52) U.S. CI 348/273; 348/275; 348/304
A color display having horizontal sub-pizel arrangements and layouts is disclosed. The display can include a plurality of a sub-pixel group. The sub-pixel group can have a plurality of sub-pixels wherein each sub-pixel has a height along a vertical axis and a width along a horizontal axis. The width of each sub-pixel is greater in length than its height in the sub-pixel group. The display also includes a column driver coupled to each sub-pixel in a column and a row driver coupled to each sub-pixel in a row of the sub-pixel group. Each sub-pixel in the sub-pixel group is coupled to the row driver along the width of the sub-pixel.