(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication
(54) ELECTRONIC INFORMATION DISPLAY SYSTEM EMPLOYING A PLURALITY OF ELECTRONIC-INK DISPLAY LABELS ASSOCIATED WITH A PLURALITY OF MANUFACTURED ITEMS FOR DISPLAYING INFORMATION WHICH CHANGES AS THE MANUFACTURED ITEMS MOVE THROUGH WHOLESALE/RETAIL DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
(75) Inventor: Alexander Gelbman, Mountain
Lakes, NJ (US)
Thomas J. Perkowski, Esq., P.C.
1266 East Main Street
Stamford, CT 06902 (US)
(73) Assignee: Metrologic Instruments, Inc.
(21) Appl.No.: 12/214,075
(22) Filed: Jun. 16, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation of application No. 12/154,427, filed on May 22, 2008, which is a continuation of application No. 11/196,776, filed on Aug. 2, 2005, now aban
An electronic information display system for installation across wholesale/distribution channels. The system includes a plurality of electronic-ink display labels, associated with a plurality of manufactured items. One or more activation modules are provided across the wholesale/retail distribution channels, for transmitting electromagnetic data signals to the electronic-ink display labels and providing instructions to the updateable electronic-ink display labels. Each electronic-ink display label employs an addressable display assembly including a layer of electronic ink including a bi-stable nonvolatile imaging material. The electronic-ink display label includes an integrated circuit structure having a storage element for storing instructions, programs and data, and a programmed processor in communication with storage element. A signal receiving structure receives electromagnetic signals from the activation module, using the antenna structure. The electronic-ink display label displays graphical indicia representing information which changes as the associated manufactured item moves through the wholesale/retail distribution channels.