(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2003/0060279 Al
Torango (43) Pub. Date: Mar. 27,2003
(54) PROGRESSIVE SYSTEM AND METHODS
(76) Inventor: Lawrence J. Torango, Reno, NV (US)
IAN F. BURNS & ASSOCIATES
1575 DELUCCHI LANE, SUITE 222
RENO, NV 89502 (US)
(21) Appl. No.: 10/171,205
(22) Filed: Jun. 11, 2002
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Continuation-in-part of application No. 09/698,941, filed on Oct. 27,2000, now Pat. No. 6,435,968, which is a division of application No. 09/005,341, filed on Jan. 9, 1998, now Pat. No. 6,241,608.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/300,333, filed on Jun. 22, 2001.
Publication Classification (51) Int. CI.7 A63F 13/00; A63F 9/24
(52) U.S. C I 463/27
The specification discloses a progressive gaming system having a central system, at least one prize, a progressive method, and at least one monetary transaction acceptor. The central system is adapted to associate the progressive method with the prize and the monetary transaction acceptor thereby allowing the monetary transaction acceptor to participate for the prize. The progressive method is adapted to determine a participation outcome based at least on the monetary transaction acceptor's contribution percent factor.
The specification also discloses a progressive gaming system and methods having the ability to expand the participation base for a progressive prize to include a wide variety of monetary transaction acceptors. The progressive gaming system and methods may have the capability to accept a monetary transaction value in a plurality of currencies or a plurality of denominations of the same currency. The progressive gaming system and methods may support multiple prizes simultaneously. Each monetary transaction acceptor may be linked to one or more prizes.