(19) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (io) Pub. No.: US 2001/0023261 Al
Ryoo et al. (43) Pub. Date: Sep. 20,2001
(54) NOVEL COMPOSITION FOR THE
TRANSDERMAL ADMINISTRATION OF
(75) Inventors: Je-Phil Ryoo, Daejeon (KR); Mi-Suk Choi, Daejeon (KR); Jong-Kun Choi, Daejeon (KR)
David A. Einhorn, Esq.
Anderson Kill & Olick, PC.
1251 Avenue of the Americans
New York, NY 10020 (US)
(73) Assignee: LG Chemical Limited.
(21) Appl. No.: 09/746,448
(22) Filed: Dec. 12, 2000
Related U.S. Application Data
(63) Continuation-in-part of application No. 09/293,255, filed on Apr. 16, 1999, now abandoned, which is a
continuation-in-part of application No. PCT/KR98/ 00013, filed on Jan. 23, 1998.
(30) Foreign Application Priority Data
Jan. 27, 1997 (KR) 1997-2233
Jun. 2, 1998 (KR) 1998-20378
(51) Int. CI.7 A61K 47/10
(52) U.S. CI 514/772; 514/777
A composition for the transdermal administration of a drug, comprising: 0.05 to 50 wt % of the drug based on the total weight of the composition; 1 to 30 wt % of an absorption promoter consisting of a diethylene glycol ether and a sorbitan ester in a weight ratio ranging from 1:4 to 4:1, based on the total weight of the composition; and a pharmaceutically acceptable adhesive matrix.