(i9) United States
(12) Patent Application Publication (i0) Pub. No.: US 2009/0109418 Al
Hazelton et al. (43) Pub. Date: Apr. 30,2009
(54) WAFER TABLE FOR IMMERSION LITHOGRAPHY
(75) Inventors: Andrew J. Hazelton, Tokyo (JP);
Hiroaki Takaiwa, Kumagaya-shi
OLIFF & BERRIDGE, PLC
P.O. BOX 320850
ALEXANDRIA, VA 22320-4850 (US)
(73) Assignee: Nikon Corporation, Tokyo (JP)
(21) Appl.No.: 12/318,122
(22) Filed: Dec. 22, 2008
Related U.S. Application Data
(60) Continuation of application No. 11/606,913, filed on Dec. 1, 2006, now Pat. No. 7,486,380, which is a division of application No. 11/319,399, filed on Dec. 29, 2005, now Pat. No. 7,301,607, which is a continuation of application No. PCT/US04/17452, filed on Jun. 2, 2004.
(60) Provisional application No. 60/485,868, filedon Jul. 8, 2003.
(51) Int. CI.
G03B 27/72 (2006.01)
(52) U.S. CI 355/71
Methods and apparatus allow a liquid to be substantially contained between a lens and a wafer table assembly of an immersion lithography system. According to one example, an exposure apparatus includes a lens and a wafer table assembly. The wafer table assembly has a top surface, and is arranged to support a wafer to be moved with respect to the lens as well as at least one component. The top surface of the wafer and the top surface of the component are each at substantially a same height as the top surface of the wafer table assembly. An overall top surface of the wafer table assembly which includes the top surface of the wafer, the top surface of the wafer table assembly, and the top surface of the at least one component is substantially planar.